• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Dewayne Dedmon returns

GrimeyKidd

1 minute ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Awesome. I thought for sure he would opt out and test the waters.

Wait can we still absorb Farieds contract?

Yes I think so since he was a cap hold anyway. The thing this does is make him a signed asset that can now be traded.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Awesome. I thought for sure he would opt out and test the waters.

Wait can we still absorb Farieds contract?

Yes, we can. If Moose also opts in. I think we'll still have about $16+ mil if we renounce any other FA capholds.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yes, we can. If Moose also opts in. I think we'll still have about $16+ mil if we renounce any other FA capholds.

I thought people were saying the Hawks were going to be one of the few teams with a lot of space.  16 million isn’t much at all.  As bad as this team is it’s going to take a lot more cash than that.

2 minutes ago, hazer said:

Hory shet, that’s kick ass any way you look at it. Hawks either have their starter back or a valuable trade piece. 

I wonder if this has anything at all to do with a trade. Schlenk would have communicated this with him and Dedmon would have approved of the trade partner; otherwise he would have waited. This smells of something as usually options are not exercised until the last minute. This gives their agent time to gauge the interest. The deadline is the 29th; so a full week and change ahead of the deadline.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Alex said:

I thought people were saying the Hawks were going to be one of the few teams with a lot of space.  16 million isn’t much at all.  As bad as this team is it’s going to take a lot more cash than that.

That should read $26 million. 

I remember seeing that if we renounced all FA capholds, both Dedmon ($7.2) and Moose opt out ($5) we could have as much as $40 million in capspace.

My apologies. So $40 - $12,  so $28 million.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

It is not a one year fix to greatness. Maybe at the most we are pushing for a 8th seed. But greatness and signing max free agents this year, come on man! :cool:

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Alex said:

This should help you...

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That should read $26 million. 

I remember seeing that if we renounced all FA capholds, both Dedmon ($7.2) and Moose opt out ($5) we could have as much as $40 million in capspace.

My apologies. So $40 - $12,  so $28 million.

That is what I see also. 26 to 28 in cap.