• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoffs?

NBASupes

Just now, Plainview1981 said:

This team is going to lose more games than they did last season.

You think so? Why? It's basically the same team with upgrades at the positions they needed it the most. PG and SG

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You think so? Why? It's basically the same team with upgrades at the positions they needed it the most. PG and SG

It's going to be a younger team most likely and there will not even be a real scorer next season most likely. A new and inexperienced coach also.

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Good points

Obviously there is still FA to go... But last year the Hawks had some vets that perhaps added to the win total. I can't see Schlenk doing much to improve the roster during FA this year.  I think there will be some growing pains with Young... He will be playing for a defensive coach now and his shooting numbers are on the lower end.... I think he will be one of these players that will become more efficient as the team becomes more talented, but I think it will be rough going at first. I think Collins or Prince would really have to blow up to get this above 20-22 wins.

Trae just need to come in and play as much mistake free basketball as possible and build relationships with his teammates and just get use to playing with the big boys in the nba. 

Playoffs isn’t the team goal for next season. Finding out what we have in our new franchise player Trae is the goal, seeing what prince can be with a better passer at pg is the goal, seeing what John Collins look like overall in full time minutes is the goal.

Outside of hoping Trae puts up big numbers on good shooting in his rookie season I just hope he learns to play off ball at the next level as that will really put his future  over the top.

7 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Yeah or Nope?

Call me silly but if we can get better SF and PF depth. Why not? Our biggest issue last year was the bench and at the PG position. 

I think Bud's coaching contributed to a lot of our wins last year as did Dennis. I believe we'll either trade or buy Dennis out before the start of the season. Losing our two biggest contributors to our already small amount of wins from last year and we'll be back in the top of the lottery next year imo. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ShooterSays said:

I think Bud's coaching contributed to a lot of our wins last year as did Dennis. I believe we'll either trade or buy Dennis out before the start of the season. Losing our two biggest contributors to our already small amount of wins from last year and we'll be back in the top of the lottery next year imo. 

He ain't buying out Dennis.

• Premium Member

We'll be right back in the lottery mext season.

So far in his tenure, Schlenk has drafted all offensive type players yet he's hired a defensive minded coach. Mmmmmmm.

Lloyd has his work cut out for him, he's now behind the 8 ball. One thing he said was he wanted a physicality to his defense...Ok.

• Like 1

Not a chance at the playoffs.  We won't get anything back for Dennis.  The front office already said they plan to use our cap space to bring on bad contracts for future picks.  I feel confident that we will be in the bottom three teams in the NBA probably the worst.  

Heck we might get the commissioner threatening us like he did Philly that we are trying to be bad on purpose and the league will step in if we dont stop looking like a G league team.

We won't sniff the playoffs again until 2020 if then.