• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Playoffs?

NBASupes

While hard not to see the glass half empty when talking about any of the Atlanta franchises, considering we are only now entering the second year in a purposeful goal of literally trotting out a team with the implicit goal of losing in the name of draft picks.

Collins seems primed to make the second year leap forward and Prince's future seems quite bright so there's that.  Baze should he remain is a nice player.  Trae would need to play at a ROY and perhaps All Star level to get them into the 7th or 8th seed.  That said, I am not sure whether or not a paper cut might cause Collins, Prince, and or Young to be placed on the injured list for the rest of the season.

12 hours ago, Plainview1981 said:

This team is going to lose more games than they did last season.

The team isn't even done yet man.  As currently composed, they have $20 million in functional cap room (see other threads for an explanation). Assuming they move Dennis and Baze, that's another $33 million.  What's my point?  That's 50% of the available cap that isn't even on the roster yet.  Patience!  This isn't going to be close to the final roster until around Sept 1.

2 hours ago, ShooterSays said:

As is typical for Atlanta fans....here's hoping for next season. Maybe we'll get lucky in the lottery and be able to grab the top SG with our own pick and one of the top centers with Dallas's pick. I fear however the Dallas pick will be early teens. 

Doubtful. While injuries, and attrition will play some part. Unless Lebron and a cousins goes there and cousins is healthy I don’t see them jumping

GSW

Hou

portland 

okc

utah

NO

SA

Min

Denver

Clips

I think there will be some movement but Dallas has a lot of teams to jump.  More than likely the pick should convey.  My big riser is Denver I think they can make some noise. Then account that LAL and Phoenix will prolly improve. They are really going to be in dog fights. Spurs may take  a dive because of other things but I’ve learned to never truly count them out.  My hope is Dallas doesn’t respect the tank athon of last year.

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

The team isn't even done yet man.  As currently composed, they have $20 million in functional cap room (see other threads for an explanation). Assuming they move Dennis and Baze, that's another $33 million.  What's my point?  That's 50% of the available cap that isn't even on the roster yet.  Patience!  This isn't going to be close to the final roster until around Sept 1.

That wasn't intended to be a negative post. Schlenk is going to want more good picks next year and so this team will be really bad due to that and the team being so young.

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We'll be right back in the lottery mext season.

So far in his tenure, Schlenk has drafted all offensive type players yet he's hired a defensive minded coach. Mmmmmmm.

Lloyd has his work cut out for him, he's now behind the 8 ball. One thing he said was he wanted a physicality to his defense...Ok.

We went about as hard away from that as possible this year.  Got some good shooting and skill, though.  Maybe next year's draft.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

Agreed.  It will be interesting to see.  Moving Dennis and Baze may require taking on more money in the near term which could actually eat into that $20M.