• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Summer League Roster / Schedule Released - All Things Summer League!

NBASupes

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

It's possible to acknowledge his terri-bad play while also parsing out the glimmers of effective play he had.

I said all year long, when OK was winning, and again once they started to lose that I considered him a fool's gold prospect.  Now that he's a Hawk, I feel it serves no purpose to dig all that up.  Shiii, we can plainly see he's having issues.  For me, it's the same issues I expected him to have all along.  But he's a Hawk now so .... I just can't stay on the negative.  I gotta find something positive to grasp onto.  In the back of my mind, I see major issues not only with his play but with the coach's approach and again with the GM's abilities.

But dang, whatchu want me to do all offseason, mayne??!

Welll...Minnesota just made the playoffs in the first time in forever and Denver is the most fun team to watch in the NBA (seriously not kidding). Maybe watch some other teams? Just because you love the Hawks doesn't mean you can't watch some other cats play.

10 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My thoughts after watching the game:

1. Trae Young is highly skilled in passing and court awareness. (Pinpoint passing)

I was like, damn! This dude can pass. Our summer league team sucks at shooting the ball. Trae should have has about 18 assists lol

But seriously, do is mad skills with his court vision. The shooting will come. He isn't afraid to drive the ball either. I can see him getting a lot of fouls with that little body driving to the basket. 

I just wish he wouldn't have stopped himself from flipping Grayson on the court. Those Utah homers calling the game sucked! smh

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Welll...Minnesota just made the playoffs in the first time in forever and Denver is the most fun team to watch in the NBA (seriously not kidding). Maybe watch some other teams? Just because you love the Hawks doesn't mean you can't watch some other cats play.

I actually watch a lot of the league but only root, with any level of passion, for the Hawks.  I can be objective with other teams more easily, for lack of a better description.

2 minutes ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I was like, damn! This dude can pass. Our summer league team sucks at shooting the ball. Trae should have has about 18 assists lol

But seriously, do is mad skills with his court vision. The shooting will come. He isn't afraid to drive the ball either. I can see him getting a lot of fouls with that little body driving to the basket. 

I just wish he wouldn't have stopped himself from flipping Grayson on the court. Those Utah homers calling the game sucked! smh

Even when it wasn't against the Jazz SL, the announcers were clearly biased against Young.  Allen shot it close to as putrid as Young but you wouldn't know it from listening to them speak.

They were quick to point out how many shots we'd missed in a row but also chided Young for not having many assists.  Uh, there's a correlation with that don't you think?!

• Like 3

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Aye @Spud2nique, you notice the wing of the cul-de-sac where @macdaddy lives has been eerily quiet lately?  Hmmmm

Oh yeah!   What do you attribute that to?  

I won the bet with Spud by a San Fransisco mile so I've been out spending the money that I know is coming my way.   

I'm still totally excited about Trae.   His talent is undeniable.   Once they light a fire under his ass to pay attention on D, and he has time to adjust to his teammates he's going to be balling.  He's finding guys all over the court and he can shake any defender they put on him unless they result to thuggery.   His shot will come once he gets a rhythm.   

• Like 2

Ehh, can't get too tied up in summer league. It's basically like watching pick up at a gym. Not a lot of chemistry and a bunch of players just trying to figure it out as they go. Trae does need to get his legs under him and stop overthinking his shots. He looks hesitant to shoot a lot and I'd rather he keep shooting until he's out of the slump than let his confidence in his shot dwindle. The slump is a lot harder to overcome when it's mostly mental.

• Like 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

I kinda had the opposite reaction.  The game was complete garbage for our entire team to that point and Trae was obviously still not in sync mentally.  Kinda wished he would have put Grayson on his ----- and wouldn't have minded him getting ejected.  Would have sent a clear message, maybe given him a jolt coming into Vegas and given people something to talk about other than the shooting woes.

Plus that douche needs to someone to put him on his --- sooner than later.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brotha2ThaNite said:

Yup exactly. I’m not even kidding he has like 15 real assists..not sure what the box score said though but there was one pass that Trae put on a platter for #34 white Aussie and he blew it..it wasn’t even a 1 footer...

He just needs to add strength without changing body types. He needs to stay lean and add about 10 lbs but not 20 or anything. 

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Aye @Spud2nique, you notice the wing of the cul-de-sac where @macdaddy lives has been eerily quiet lately?  Hmmmm

He won a bet from me so I’m guessing naked in SF somewhere.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup exactly. I’m not even kidding he has like 15 real assists..not sure what the box score said though but there was one pass that Trae put on a platter for #34 white Aussie and he blew it..it wasn’t even a 1 footer...

He just needs to add strength without changing body types. He needs to stay lean and add about 10 lbs but not 20 or anything. 

We have some bad players out there for sure.   Trae will be fine.  When he's hitting Collins and Prince with these passes instead of Kaba and Cleveland they'll be getting buckets.  Not to mention playing with guys who have the ability and desire to actually pass the ball back.   

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Oh yeah!   What do you attribute that to?  

I won the bet with Spud by a San Fransisco mile so I've been out spending the money that I know is coming my way.   

I'm still totally excited about Trae.   His talent is undeniable.   Once they light a fire under his ass to pay attention on D, and he has time to adjust to his teammates he's going to be balling.  He's finding guys all over the court and he can shake any defender they put on him unless they result to thuggery.   His shot will come once he gets a rhythm.   

There she is! How’s it going Mac? Are you still shirtless like JR in 2016? You’ve been ridin round gettin it huh. First he wins the shmelts/calfs trade when Lebron bolted (but I’m still ahead technically and will be in the Celts don’t get to a finals appearance in the next 5 years..) and we also draft the player he wanted in Trae. Trae was my 3rd or 4th guy but I think it was Mac’s #1. So any further complaining by @Sothron will be answered by @macdaddy. Thank you and goodnight.

ps MacD your per diem is like a $50 Bucks a day yet it says you charged my cc at a place called...hunk o mania male strip club? I don’t care if it was thunder from down under night keep the costa low. Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We have some bad players out there for sure.   Trae will be fine.  When he's hitting Collins and Prince with these passes instead of Kaba and Cleveland they'll be getting buckets.  Not to mention playing with guys who have the ability and desire to actually pass the ball back.   

Yup the court is spread wider in a regular nba season game. In summer league they all seem to tangle up together which is specially a horrible look for smaller dudes like Trae. 

Yup once he has Prince on the wing for a corner 3 or Collins on an op we are fine. Right now, it’s just like watching the three stooges. A show we all love ❤️.. right @kg01? ? 

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Participation trophy time :blush:

Dorsey getting an award for his play is the ultimate indictment of everyone on the roster not named Collins.  (Should have gone to Spellman)

• Like 4

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Participation trophy time :blush:

Maybe Dorsey was impressive in the first 2 but he flat out sucked against Utah.   Scored some points by continuially just going 1-1.  Was totally out of control with the ball though.   I like his shooting and he seems to have some slashing ability but a PG he ain't.   

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

There she is! How’s it going Mac? Are you still shirtless like JR in 2016? You’ve been ridin round gettin it huh. First he wins the shmelts/calfs trade when Lebron bolted (but I’m still ahead technically and will be in the Celts don’t get to a finals appearance in the next 5 years..) and we also draft the player he wanted in Trae. Trae was my 3rd or 4th guy but I think it was Mac’s #1. So any further complaining by @Sothron will be answered by @macdaddy. Thank you and goodnight.

ps MacD your per diem is like a $50 Bucks a day yet it says you charged my cc at a place called...hunk o mania male strip club? I don’t care if it was thunder from down under night keep the costa low. Thanks in advance!

Not shirtless.  I'm going full on winnie the pooh.  I'm right out there man. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Not shirtless.  I'm going full on winnie the pooh.  I'm right out there man. 

:er:  

This will be me watching you Winnie the Pooh styling  :haha:.  Go on, I dare ya.