• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks becoming Oakland East

KB21

Former Golden State GM Larry Riley has been hired as a special adviser for Travis Schlenk.  For those that don't know, Larry Riley was the GM of the Warriors when they drafted Steph Curry and Klay Thompson.  He and Travis were both assistants under Don Nelson in Golden State as well.  

• Like 1

Not sure how I missed this, but I didn’t realize Hawks were pressing Warriors so hard for a trade to snag Steph with that 7th pick. Hmmm, Curry instead of Teague. But as Riley makes clear, was never gonna happen:

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/08/clock-larry-riley-golden-state-warriors-drafting-stephen-curry-2009

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Larry Riley is kind of a freaking idiot that Warriors fans wanted to get rid of as soon as possible. He was short sighted on many things. Hoping he’s improved.

I've heard him speak a couple times and it seems clear to me that he's the real architect to that team.  Folks that came after are accepting the credit he deserves.

He definitely comes across as crazy but he knows his stuff.

9 hours ago, hazer said:

Not sure how I missed this, but I didn’t realize Hawks were pressing Warriors so hard for a trade to snag Steph with that 7th pick. Hmmm, Curry instead of Teague. But as Riley makes clear, was never gonna happen:

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/08/clock-larry-riley-golden-state-warriors-drafting-stephen-curry-2009

Dyes ring a bell now that I think about it this morning, maybe I’d just blocked it out ?

http://www.businessinsider.com/larry-riley-warriors-demoted-2015-5

Three years later, the success has certainly come. While Myers won Executive of the Year in 2015, it's Riley who has arguably had the greater impact on the team. Warriors fans who once ridiculed Riley and his decisions now cheer for a team composed of players primarily brought in by Riley.

• Like 2

Here is another interesting article:  https://www.pennlive.com/sports/index.ssf/2016/05/unlike_76ers_golden_state_warr.html

That's what basketball is. It's not a combine and you can't measure it. It's about skills and energy and sense. The Warriors have built a whole team full of such guys and it has a lot less to do with measurable gifts than learned craft.

Their management didn't build a team of athletes. They signed up basketball players.

• Like 3

Success begets success. Hiring people from the best organizations is not a practice invented by the NBA or Schlenk. Corporate America has been doing this since the days of Du Pont, Rockefeller, and Henry Ford.

Another note on what Schlenk has done, he has put us back in the national media. It has been decades since we were talked about this much in the national media. Schlenk is not afraid to make the big move that makes a lot of noise. Last off season season it was trading Dwight Howard to a division rival no less. This off season it is moving down to take Trae.

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

I've heard him speak a couple times and it seems clear to me that he's the real architect to that team.  Folks that came after are accepting the credit he deserves.

He definitely comes across as crazy but he knows his stuff.

Oh no doubt he’s the architect for constructing that team. I think the fans (my scrubby friends) were mad at him for trading Monta. Aka He did know what he was doing. He’s probably here to ax Dennis next ? 

http://www.businessinsider.com/larry-riley-warriors-demoted-2015-5

1 minute ago, Buzzard said:

Success begets success. Hiring people from the best organizations is not a practice invented by the NBA or Schlenk. Corporate America has been doing this since the days of Du Pont, Rockefeller, and Henry Ford.

Another note on what Schlenk has done, he has put us back in the national media. It has been decades since we were talked about this much in the national media. Schlenk is not afraid to make the big move that makes a lot of noise. Last off season season it was trading Dwight Howard to a division rival no less. This off season it is moving down to take Trae.

Go Hawks!

Indeed. You forgot Ray Kroc, the best hamburger ? maker..ugh seller, in the world ?!

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Indeed. You forgot Ray Kroc, the best hamburger ? maker..ugh seller, in the world ?!

What you don't want to do is hire a former exec from the Kings or Phoenix. Their current crew seems to be doing better. Time and playoff appearances will tell.

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

What you don't want to do is hire a former exec from the Kings or Phoenix. Their current crew seems to be doing better. Time and playoff appearances will tell.

I’ll throw the Orlando Magic in there as well. I’ve really been on their a$$es lately on realgm. ? 

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I’ll throw the Orlando Magic in there as well. I’ve really been on their a$$es lately on realgm. ? 

True! They have blown some picks and trades.

• Like 1