• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I'm beginning to realize why the fan base for the Hawks is so fractured

Peoriabird

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, High5 said:

They have about 10K followers between the two of them and most are probably shared. They're nobodies. They definitely aren't responsible for any "fracture" in the fanbase. Many of their own opinions seem to be unpopular with the vast majority of fans and the rest is echoed from national writers. 

Keep the takes coming...You're making me feel better already!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you agree that Collin's ceiling is Faried? Or Bazemore was the best player on the team until Lin Showed up.  Brad use to shower praise on Delaney.  You agree with all of that garbage?

The team stats show Baze has a significant positive impact...just sayin.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, kg01 said:

You and I could do a better job than them dudes.  I give them credit for trying and for the work they put in.  But ... they're just bad.

The problem in the fanbase is that too many seem to either pay no actual attention to what's going on or they choose to rely too heavily on national folks who also pay no attention to us.

I mean, I listen to NBARadio a lot.  The national takes on us are largely dated and inaccurate to the point that they're laughable.

And much of the national info comes from these same clowns especially Seigel

2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you think that Baze is the 2nd best player on this team and Lin is the best player now?

There is a very good chance that this will indeed be the case, and when you are in a situation where Lin and Baze are your two best players, you aren't going to win many games.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

There is a very good chance that this will indeed be the case, and when you are in a situation where Lin and Baze are your two best players, you aren't going to win many games.

Wow...This is pretty amazing even coming from you.  I have no response after this take.

1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Wow...This is pretty amaze even coming from you.  I have no response after this take.

Why exactly is this amazing?

John Collins is still young.  He's not ready to be the best player on the team.  

Trae Young is going to be a net negative for the team as a rookie.  He will not be the best player.

Taurean Prince has a long ways to go defensively before he can be considered the best player.

Really, the best player on the team will be among the three veterans Jeremy Lin, Kent Bazemore, and Dewayne Dedmon.  

Dennis is just not good, so he's not the best player.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Why exactly is this amazing?

John Collins is still young.  He's not ready to be the best player on the team.  

Trae Young is going to be a net negative for the team as a rookie.  He will not be the best player.

Taurean Prince has a long ways to go defensively before he can be considered the best player.

Really, the best player on the team will be among the three veterans Jeremy Lin, Kent Bazemore, and Dewayne Dedmon.  

Dennis is just not good, so he's not the best player.

Duly noted...We'll review these hot takes at the end of the season.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes, he should, because JJJ is a far better player right now than the two bigs who were taken before him.

Lol, not true. Both bigs ahead of him are flat out better right now and likely in forever. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Duly noted...We'll review these hot takes at the end of the season.

He's just exhibiting another issue in NBA fans overall.  They tend to grab ahold of some of these random, cherry-picked stats to tell them what/who a player is and abandon independent thought on the process.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, JTB said:

Well maybe the common fan will believe these things but honestly if you’ve been following the hawks long enough (and looks like you have) you realize people barely even pay attention to the franchise as a whole including those who work in the industry.

Second negative reactions are natural for sports teams that hasn’t made a lot of noise. I noticed for you any negative reaction on the squawk seems to drive up your blood pressure but those posters like many of us has seen the same story before no matter if we talking tanking or whatever! At some point you get fed up as a fan that’s been following the team for so long and want just see something go right for once .

Also you tend to get disappointed in what other posters believe is going to happen with the team so you start to mock individuals. But judging by your 8,000 plus post you should know many many members on the squawk has been right in the past on the direction of this team.

i think you feel most posters are negative here based on how they feel about certain things but that’s not the case. they or I should say WE been watching the hawks long enough to not get overly excited until we actually see some results.

• Premium Member
Just now, Vol4ever said:

I wonder how many hawksquawk members within a 50 mile radius attend games or are season ticket holders?   The majority of fans are casual hawk fans.  A lot of the lower level seats are corporate.  I live in the Chattanooga area and usually attend around 10 games.  Last year zero and until competitive it will be zero.  I'm not interested in spending time and $$$ watching lesser talents that cant compete.  I still have the Nique, Roundfield, Rollins days in my mind. 

• Like 1

Collins is our best player. Add Ded, Printz, Gaze, and Menace and this team will approach the 30-win level. I’m spit-balling 28 wins and 8th pick.

32 minutes ago, kg01 said:

He's just exhibiting another issue in NBA fans overall.  They tend to grab ahold of some of these random, cherry-picked stats to tell them what/who a player is and abandon independent thought on the process.

What is more in line with independent thought?  Actually analyzing these players' impact on winning, or just saying "Duh, he scores 20 PPG....he's a star."

1 hour ago, High5 said:

I don't think 99.9% of Hawks fans have any idea who those two guys are. 

I don't know who they are but I do not follow the local media in Atlanta. I use to enjoy the AJC Sports Section when I did live in Atlanta some 16 years ago.

3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

What is more in line with independent thought?  Actually analyzing these players' impact on winning, or just saying "Duh, he scores 20 PPG....he's a star."

Realizing these random stats, including ppg, aren't the end-all, be-all.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, High5 said:

I don't think 99.9% of Hawks fans have any idea who those two guys are. 

99.9% might be high, but the point is spot on. Some fans know about the podcast in general, but very few would have any regard for them enough to be influenced by their opinions.

• Like 1