Sixers mElton over Brand new GM

kg01

First off..kudos on the title my man! That’s stroooooonnng..(Olson twin flexing strong). Secondly regarding the actual news, Sixers screwed up big time. It’s almost as bad as hiring Grant Hill to be a part of your front office.......

? 

yeeeeaaa

Good news is it dims their future thus helping us directly in the standings the next 2-8 years!

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He's gonna be a yes man - don't like it.

You’d know a lot about that wouldn’t you?

4 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'm sorry but I love Elton Brand, loved his time with the Hawks and I greatly prefer basketball people making basketball decisions. Congrats Elton.

Don't lie to us, camp.  You're not sorry at all. :happy:

Also, every GM is a 'basketball' person so I guess you're saying you prefer former players to be GM?  I think you'd find successful ex-player GM's to be a bit of a rarity.  Certainly a less successful bunch than dudes who spend their career building toward being a GM.  Most players, as I suspect is the case in PHI, are gifted GM gigs without truly having the 'chops' to really handle the behind-the-scenes duties which is where GM's make their money.

Brand will be fine in the press conference and such but whether or not he'll be able to guide them where they need to go is up in the air.

If they wanted to go the ex-player route, Malik Rose is a much more accomplished candidate.  This hiring smacks of them wanting a dude they can control.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Also, every GM is a 'basketball' person so I guess you're saying you prefer former players to be GM?  I think you'd find successful ex-player GM's to be a bit of a rarity.  Certainly a less successful bunch than dudes who spend their career building toward being a GM.  Most players, as I suspect is the case in PHI, are gifted GM gigs without truly having the 'chops' to really handle the behind-the-scenes duties which is where GM's make their money.

Brand will be fine in the press conference and such but whether or not he'll be able to guide them where they need to go is up in the air.

If they wanted to go the ex-player route, Malik Rose is a much more accomplished candidate.  This hiring smacks of them wanting a dude they can control.

One of the reasons they passed on David Griffin was he wanted final say....Philly wants the 'collaborative approach' hence Elton Brand.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Seriously are you getting smarter? Maybe I should listen to nba radio more. ? Good points @kg01. So we get banned from here and you come back in a way that ur gunning for AHF’s job huh? I SEE U BOY!!!! Do yo thang ☀️!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Seriously are you getting smarter? Maybe I should listen to nba radio more. ? Good points @kg01. So we get banned from here and you come back in a way that ur gunning for AHF’s job huh? I SEE U BOY!!!! Do yo thang ☀️!

To answer your question, yesh I am indeed getting smarter. :cool:

AHF's job(sic)?  Well, I won't say I'm gunnin' for it.  Let's just say, if he was crossing the road I wouldn't not accelerate. :happy:

#OopsIDidItAgain

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

To answer your question, yesh I am indeed getting smarter. :cool:

AHF's job(sic)?  Well, I won't say I'm gunnin' for it.  Let's just say, if he was crossing the road I wouldn't not accelerate. :happy:

#OopsIDidItAgain

? AHF just reading this in ? ? oh boyyyyyyy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who @Spud2nique:derisive:

Look bird me and u are like a couple vets that r tired of all this scrimmage against ourselves. It’s obviously you just tried to trip me with this post but it’s cool cuz I elbowed you a couple times in the past few posts. It’s just part of the nba long summer process. 

But i I like the comeback for sure with the fatty thing.. ? 

Season can’t start soon enough

• Like 1

11 hours ago, bleachkit said:

His job will be recruiter in chief. Coach Brown will still have last word on personnel decisions.

Based on all the coach/GM instances in the league that are blowing up like foil in the microwave, this isn't necessarily a good thing though is it?

• 2 weeks later...

After listening to him speak on the nbaradio 6ers preseason thingy ... eh, I'm even more low on this hire.  Tried to convince folks Fultz could complete their big-3 so them striking out on Lebron, Kawhii, George, etc. wasn't that big a deal.

Yeah, mmkay.  Total shill for ownership.  Thanks go out to the 6ers for ensuring their peak won't last long.

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

After listening to him speak on the nbaradio 6ers preseason thingy ... eh, I'm even more low on this hire.  Tried to convince folks Fultz could complete their big-3 so them striking out on Lebron, Kawhii, George, etc. wasn't that big a deal.

Yeah, mmkay.  Total shill for ownership.  Thanks go out to the 6ers for ensuring their peak won't last long.

Au contrare mon...they got embiid and Simmons, they’ll be ok I think.

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Au contrare mon...they got embiid and Simmons, they’ll be ok I think.

They look good but that's still TBD, bro.  TBD.

Remember, they weren't a playoff team 'til they got Belli' n 'Sova last year.  Even then it took a miraculous finish.

• Like 1