• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #2: Hawks vs Grizzlies 10/05/18

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, deester11 said:

As much as people pan Youngs shot selection, it makes perfect sense to question Dorseys propensity to jack up shots too.  Even in summer league "it seemed" that he wanted to one up Trae.  In any case, Dorsey is not the focal point of the offense.  If he can better "pass" the ball, set up his shot, he'll improve his shot and the teams shot selection.  Same with Trae.

Dorsey is shooting 50% from the field and 42% from 3 and you are still complaining about his shots?  That just tell me that you are bias against the guy.  Fans have the right to complain about Trae's shot selection because his shots are not falling.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Dorsey is shooting 50% from the field and 42% from 3 and you are still complaining about his shots?  That just tell me that you are bias against the guy.  Fans have the right to complain about Trae's shot selection because his shots are not falling.

Tell 'em. Dorsey is hitting his shots, unlike Trae.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, Jeffery123 said:

Dorsey's line vs. Memphis: 18 pts, 6 rebounds and 3 assists.  Better than the "Golen Child."  All the critics raved that his 11 pts, 6 rebounds, and 3 assists on how great that was!  He should be leaped and bounds better than our players because he played professional ball for years. BTW, not a Luka hater, sure he will have a good career, but I do not see the second coming of Bird.  Bird averaged 30 pts a game and 13 rebounds a game at Indiana State.  That's special.  Look up the great one's Euro stats. He was clutch, but not very productive.  Let's show our player some appreciation.  Ok  off my soapbox.

Nobody in this draft will have a career on par with Larry Legend.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

That's what I am trying to get Hawk fans to do with their own players like Dorsey!

We have one year of data on Dorsey.  Now starting year 2.

51 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Wait...you are on board with needing sample size but then trumpeting him as a 50/42 shooter?  

Here is hoping he takes big steps forward last year.  His first year of data says he shouldn’t be a focal point of the offense but really hoping he steps up this year.  It won’t take 50/42 for me to be happy with big improvement (I don’t think those numbers are sustainable but do think he has a great chance to significantly improve over year 1).

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, AHF said:

We have one year of data on Dorsey.  Now starting year 2.

He was a rookie 2nd round pick geez louise!  And He still shot a respectable 36% from 3 last year!

Wait...you are on board with needing sample size but then trumpeting him as a 50/42 shooter?  

Here is hoping he takes big steps forward last year.  His first year of data says he shouldn’t be a focal point of the offense but really hoping he steps up this year.  It won’t take 50/42 for me to be happy with big improvement (I don’t think those numbers are sustainable but do think he has a great chance to significantly improve over year 1).

My only point is that now is not the time to complain!  At least wait until the guy has a bad shooting game before you dump on the guy's shot selection.  Otherwise it looks as though you have an agenda!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Why don't you like Dorsey?

To me he’s a tweener with no real position out there. He’s not a 3 so let’s not play him there. I guess he’s strictly a 2 guard but I am not in love with his length and the fact that he isn’t a very good facilitator. He rebounds pretty well for his size.

He needs more “it”! I’m never against any Hawk player and I’m always rooting for them. But if you asked me to pick a couple guys that I wouldn’t mind packaging in a deal, Dorsey and Bembry. That’s just me.

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

To me he’s a tweener with no real position out there. He’s not a 3 so let’s not play him there. I guess he’s strictly a 2 guard but I am not in love with his length and the fact that he isn’t a very good facilitator. He rebounds pretty well for his size.

He needs more “it”! I’m never against any Hawk player and I’m always rooting for them. But if you asked me to pick a couple guys that I wouldn’t mind packaging in a deal, Dorsey and Bembry. That’s just me.

You don't like him as a spark off the bench even though he looks to have improved his shooting?

29 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

You don't like him as a spark off the bench even though he looks to have improved his shooting?

Everyone brings something to the team peo. It’s not a question of that, it’s a question of how much of an asset he will be for us as far as his attributes on the court. He’s fine for now but honestly I don’t see a high ceiling for him. He doesn’t come off as a type of player that can add much more to his game that we currently see. I hope I’m wrong. 

5 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

You don't know jack  squat about my biases. You have an opinion and I have mine.  I'm questioning his passing and that's a concern.  Don't really care if you're in your feelings about it.

Oh well...can't edit but to soften my take for  @Peoriabird, I don't have a general care for Dorsey either way.  I do think he's not a facilitator or good passer.  Legitimate concerns.  There is no "bias," Just my concern.  Maybe he improves on that, but he has a body of work that we've seen.  That's as fair as I can put it.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Oh well...can't edit but to soften my take for  @Peoriabird, I don't have a general care for Dorsey either way.  I do think he's not a facilitator or good passer.  Legitimate concerns.  There is no "bias," Just my concern.  Maybe he improves on that, but he has a body of work that we've seen.  That's as fair as I can put it.

That 1st post went full Colonel Jessup on me!  LOL!

giphy.gif

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Haha.  You deserve it, Peo.

Oh dang, did I say that out loud?  Where's the edit button ... wait, I can't edit?  Oh dang.

He does...it’s like in elementary school when the girl next to u passes that note ?:

Do you like me?  Yes      No

Do you like like me?   Yes.     No

Same thing doing on with Dorsey and peo. Peo keeps tryin to pawn off this ugly bitch on me and I’m like yo give her to a dolphin ? fan or something damn ?