• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Preseason Game #2: Hawks vs Grizzlies 10/05/18

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators

Bagley may end up being good but i can't imagine his rookie year being note worthy.   He feasted on smaller guys in college and mostly showed that he can dunk.   He has skills to learn if he's going to be a great player in the NBA.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Bagley may end up being good but i can't imagine his rookie year being note worthy.   He feasted on smaller guys in college and mostly showed that he can dunk.   He has skills to learn if he's going to be a great player in the NBA.  

I somewhat agree with this outside of his knack for knowing where the rebound is coming off the glass and his athletic ability alone with help with his rebounding in year 1, but as far as crafty scoring or passing, it’ll take a minute.

ps Good morning ? 

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Not even close. You will see this year. Just watch

Meh.  Middle class man's Ed Davis?

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sad draft board...not so much who but how messy it is... this isn’t a pro team it’s vlade smoking cigarettes and scribbling...

http://bleacherreport.com/post/nba-draft/41a1ae52-0651-4310-b8b5-93b9b9b57eed

Craptastic

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This play from last game. Trae and John will get tons of attention, leaving our wings wide open, just gotta knock 'em down.

2 great chances. 1 wide open shot and Trae settled for a too early floater. Great to see this learning lesson early preseason. Either way a W-I-D-E open shot that was took way to quickly and a rebound by Len for a second chance attempt. In game learning lessons while winning handily is a great sign for a young, hungry, humble team.

8 hours ago, Blunt91 said:

DeAndre Ayton looked good in the Suns game. King Luka looked against the Asian tthe Mavs played against but let's see how he does against actual NBAplayers.

That quote in bold said it all. He looked but who knows how he will look in the nba on a regular basis. He is pretty good but I do see Trae surpassing him as a star similar to Stephen Curry and Ricky Rubio. Luka is who he is... Trae shows glimpses of his special talents but he still has so much room to grow. History might have repeated itself and again although Luka will be good Trae will be one of the big faces of the nba when it's all said and done. I wouldn't have guessed it but second year doubting Schlenk's picks (John Collins over Harry Giles) glad I was wrong and I wanted Mo Bamba, and De'Anthony Melton this year as my must haves. I still like those players but to see Schlenk pick a new Steph(Young), Klay (Huerter) and Draymond (Spellman) was not only comical but masterful in the fact that he not only said it but did it. We already had Prince, Bembry, Collins and Dorsey and to add a Steph/Nash hybrid in Trae. His vision is ridiculous and the rest will come in time. A better Draymond in Omari ( in three yrs or less) . Laugh now agree later but Draymond hasn't ever impressed me. Omari does... The ???'s are still out on Huerter but if he is anywhere near Klay or Korver for that matter he will still be a deadly weapon for our team.

For the 2nd year in a row I think we got it right! I'm not going to be bias honestly I would say for 3yrs in a row. I'm a big fan of the Taurean Prince and Deandre Bembry picks.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Injury Update:

ATLANTA -

Guard/forward Justin Anderson continues to progress in his rehabilitation from surgery on June 29th to address recurring tibial stress syndrome in his left leg. He is currently symptom free and progressing as expected. He will be re-evaluated next week and his status will be updated as appropriate.

Center Dewayne Dedmon, diagnosed with an avulsion fracture in his left ankle on Sept. 4, continues to progress with his rehabilitation plan, which now includes modified running loads. He will be re-evaluated in two weeks and his status will be updated at that time.

Guard/forward Daniel Hamilton presented with symptoms of a shoulder injury in September. An MRI taken at the Emory Sports Medicine Complex on Sept. 11th revealed a tear in his right rotator cuff. He elected a non-surgical treatment plan and has continued a rehab plan on court. He will be re-evaluated in two weeks, and his status will be updated as appropriate.

Forward Omari Spellman experienced left shin soreness during a workout the week of Sept. 17. An MRI taken at the Emory Sports Medicine Complex confirmed soft tissue inflammation. Following seven days of rest from impact loading, he returned to practice today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

https:/0292d83c-0a23-4557-b56c-c99bb958d2cd.png/twitter.com/KLChouinard/status/104788828727534387

Ah dang it. Game is on NBAtv and I wanted to see him go. At the same time it’s pre season. It’s really...

Trae vs JJJ we all wanna see.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

https:/0292d83c-0a23-4557-b56c-c99bb958d2cd.png/twitter.com/KLChouinard/status/104788828727534387

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Ah dang it. Game is on NBAtv and I wanted to see him go. At the same time it’s pre season. It’s really...

Trae vs JJJ we all wanna see.

So who gets the start at SF? Or does Baze slide to SF and smeone else starts at SG?