• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

When was the last time we had a good goon on this team?

Wurider05

3 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

i was watching the game last night and between watching Spellman and Poythress I started wondering when was the last time we had a legitimate goon on our squad. Was it Zaza? Man are we lucky enough to maybe have 2 this year?

I'm not comfortable calling Spellman (not sold on Poythress) a goon. I'm okay with enforcer and bruiser but I don't think he's a goon. Goon's (hockey term) usually aren't skilled. I see Spellman as a bruiser and I'm cool with that.

2 hours ago, thecampster said:

I'm not comfortable calling Spellman (not sold on Poythress) a goon. I'm okay with enforcer and bruiser but I don't think he's a goon. Goon's (hockey term) usually aren't skilled. I see Spellman as a bruiser and I'm cool with that.

If you're counting goons as unskilled we gotta take back Ivan Johnson and yes I guess Zaza would be the guy. I don't know if Dohntey Jones was big enough to be considered a goon but definitely a pest to most in the league. In the Big 3 too! :biggrin:

12 minutes ago, sillent said:

If you're counting goons as unskilled we gotta take back Ivan Johnson and yes I guess Zaza would be the guy. I don't know if Dohntey Jones was big enough to be considered a goon but definitely a pest to most in the league. In the Big 3 too! :biggrin:

Oh wow...tough call....Johnson did have some skills as a mid-range shooter/pick setter. I think Zaza would the guy...I have to agree.  I mean we made a Rocky video with him starring after all.  

Goons start sh@t and quickly jump into scrums.  I see Ivan playing it cool knowing most NBA beefs are vegan burgers by his standards.  It would take an elite goon like The Morrii to get his attention.  Pero never started anything but he was always willing to step forward when things got hairy so I’ll give him the nod since he was Post Zaza.

I think a contending team that doesn’t have the Warriors talent should have at least 2.  Having one being a guard like Boston is invaluable.  I haven’t watched much of Poythress but I can see Spelman filling the role pretty well.  You just gotta have somebody who’s from or played college ball in Philly or Michigan for that edge and tone-setting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, benhillboy said:

Goons start sh@t and quickly jump into scrums.  I see Ivan playing it cool knowing most NBA beefs are vegan burgers by his standards.  It would take an elite goon like The Morrii to get his attention.  Pero never started anything but he was always willing to step forward when things got hairy so I’ll give him the nod since he was Post Zaza.

I think a contending team that doesn’t have the Warriors talent should have at least 2.  Having one being a guard like Boston is invaluable.  I haven’t watched much of Poythress but I can see Spelman filling the role pretty well.  You just gotta have somebody who’s from or played college ball in Philly or Michigan for that edge and tone-setting.

In this soft azz league there is no way anyone gets 2 legit goons on one team. No way.