• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Wonder How Long It's Going To Take This Team To Start Playing "Can't Miss"

sillent

Schlenk is about to give an asset away for nothing.  By the way how many GM's did Horford survive.

Look at what happened in Milwaukee for instance. They let Jabari walk with no compensation. 2 yrs 40 mil might be an overpay from Chicago, but it's not an albatross.

I'm not concerned about us paying Prince right now, but if another team throws say, 4 yrs 100+ mil at Prince, Schlenk has a tough decision to make.

6 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No.  I'm going to stay with 18.  This team is too young and not very good.  There will be flashes, but overall, this will be a very turnover prone team that shoots themselves out of games (intentionally) and also a very, very bad defensive team.

64 losses then.  I find that hard.  "There will be flashes - - " should cover more than 18, I believe...

:biggrin:

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, nathan2331 said:

Look at what happened in Milwaukee for instance. They let Jabari walk with no compensation. 2 yrs 40 mil might be an overpay from Chicago, but it's not an albatross.

I'm not concerned about us paying Prince right now, but if another team throws say, 4 yrs 100+ mil at Prince, Schlenk has a tough decision to make.

Did Milwaukee change gm's?  Plus Jabari Parker wasn't even in the rotation at times in the playoffs.  He isn't any good.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, KB21 said:

No.  I'm going to stay with 18.  This team is too young and not very good.  There will be flashes, but overall, this will be a very turnover prone team that shoots themselves out of games (intentionally) and also a very, very bad defensive team.

Who will lead the team in turn overs?

Did Milwaukee change gm's?  Plus Jabari Parker wasn't even in the rotation at times in the playoffs.  He isn't any good.

From my extensive 2-minute Wikipedia investigation, John Hammond drafted Jabari and left in 2017 to be replaced by Job Horst. You might not like Parker, but he was good enough to get 40 million from Chicago. I agree that it's an overpay, and it already is looking like a bad addition, but Parker does have value.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, nathan2331 said:
10 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

From my extensive 2-minute Wikipedia investigation, John Hammond drafted Jabari and left in 2017 to be replaced by Job Horst. You might not like Parker, but he was good enough to get 40 million from Chicago. I agree that it's an overpay, and it already is looking like a bad addition, but Parker does have value.

This is why the Hawks will be better than Chicago...Parker is one of the worst defenders in the league and you can't win with those kinds of players so why pay them.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Trae is averaging few than 2.2 turnovers per game.

You have to go back to 2013 to find a Hawks team that wasn't led in turnovers by their PG.  That season, Josh Smith had 0.1 more turnovers per game than Teague.  Even there, Teague led the team in total turnovers and turnovers per minute.  It comes with the PG position.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, AHF said:

You have to go back to 2013 to find a Hawks team that wasn't led in turnovers by their PG.  That season, Josh Smith had 0.1 more turnovers per game than Teague.  Even there, Teague led the team in total turnovers and turnovers per minute.  It comes with the PG position.

Not saying that he won't lead the team in turnovers but if he does at 2.1 turnovers per game then how will the Hawks be a high turnover team??

• Like 1

17 hours ago, TheFuzz said:

I think we'll be BAD this year and next year, then start making a push for the playoffs tbh. We're just so young. And honestly, with our timeline, my preference would be to filter our $40M in cap next year into picks by taking on bad expirings one more year. Then let Young, Prince, Collins, Zion (?) and our 2020 pick lead us into the sunset.

I agree with everything you just said, except Zion...But at least you put a ? :laugh:

7 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Dude just got beat out by Justin Holiday..

On 10/12/2018 at 9:31 AM, TheFuzz said:

And we should, he can play. You're right though, forgot about him.

In an 82 game season you need alot of luck to influence your season. You can semi prepare but ultimately luck wins out. In preparation to give yourself the best luck you would want/have a couple of stars, more talent/deep team (to combat against fatigue/injuries). Great coaching/strategies/effort/chemistry. Have an identity that you can hang your hat on and that teams fear you or atleast know your team for. Catching other teams at their worst or them catching you at your best or better than them nights. Have more and better players than your opponents when you get in the gruel and grind of preseason and post season.

We Are Definitely Putting The Right Formula Together.

Saying all that to say  to forget one of our best young players and still be able to name a couple others is a hilarious example of how deep we are!! Prince, Collins, Trae, Vince, Dedmon, Len, Lin, Bembry, Bazemore, Dorsey, Spellman, Anderson, Plumlee, Huerter, Poythress, Adams, Hamilton (aka our Shaun Livingston) 

All of our players are very efficient atleast on one side of the floor. We are deep... Our worst players currently are probably Plumlee and a green Huerter/Adams/Hamilton. Plumlee is actually serviceable in the post (not just with his athleticism) and on the defensive and rebounding end. Huerter will be fine once he gets adjusted to the nba game. Adams looks like he is already pretty serviceable and Hamilton is really just an unknown.

Of course we want to see our best young players play but nobody will complain (atleast not much) when Len has to sub in for Dedmon and Vice Versa. That goes the same for Baze/Prince and Vince/Bembry/Dorsey/Anderson (possibly Huerter). Lin is a pretty serviceable backup for Trae and the same goes for Spellman for Collins. Alex Poythress, Jaylen Adams, Plumlee and Hamilton are not  bad third string players to have off our bench at all!

• Like 1