• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I Wonder How Long It's Going To Take This Team To Start Playing "Can't Miss"

sillent

When Prince, Dorsey, Trae, Spellman, Dedmon, Len, Vince, Baze, Huerter, maybe Collins and Bembry all key in on their shots can be pretty deadly. I wonder when they are going to have that 1st practice where nobody can miss and start making a game out of it? With a squad with this many talented shooters (atleast as they improve) they eventually would have to have some shoot outs in practice. When they really see how deadly/good each other are and really believe in each other and play for each other (which may happen sooner than later) they are going to win alot more games. Everybody's waiting for a savior or saviors via draft/free agency. Ask guys like Prince, Collins, Trae and honestly most of our players they'd tell you they are that savior. We have a confident, hungry - humble, High IQ, young exciting team. Be prepared Hawks fans not for tanking but watching a young championship team from the ground up. We are going to surprise alot of people this year but the most exciting part is we have so much room/potential to get even better for years to come!! 

• Like 3

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It is still going to be 5 plus years.  This team is still tanking.  There aren't any impact veterans on this team.

You need to get your official prediction for this year on record, @KB21!

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

I say next year after Trae is a borderline All Star and Prince is a household name and All Star. And we add that 1 HUGE FA pick up and the draft picks from next year. We will be looked at as a team on the rise and to challenge the FEW contenders in the East.

Yessir and I think Collins as well as atleast 6 other of our players will be a big part of that as well!

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

You need to get your official prediction for this year on record, @KB21!

Exactly @KB21 put up or shut up! In my "nice voice".

2 minutes ago, JCDBaptist said:

What impact 'veterans' are on the 76ers? Their impact players are still relatively young.

Silly rabbit.  Haven't you heard?  The 76ers really didn't make the playoffs last year.   They lucked into the 3 seed and because the East was so bad they really did not make the playoffs.  

Just now, marco102 said:

Silly rabbit.  Haven't you heard?  The 76ers really didn't make the playoffs last year.   They lucked into the 3 seed because the East was so bad they really did not make the playoffs.  

• Like 2

I think we'll be BAD this year and next year, then start making a push for the playoffs tbh. We're just so young. And honestly, with our timeline, my preference would be to filter our $40M in cap next year into picks by taking on bad expirings one more year. Then let Young, Prince, Collins, Zion (?) and our 2020 pick lead us into the sunset.

21 minutes ago, TheFuzz said:

I think we'll be BAD this year and next year, then start making a push for the playoffs tbh. We're just so young. And honestly, with our timeline, my preference would be to filter our $40M in cap next year into picks by taking on bad expirings one more year. Then let Young, Prince, Collins, Zion (?) and our 2020 pick lead us into the sunset.

We are going to have to pay Prince  if we want to keep him. This is his 3rd year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheFuzz said:

Zion ? You mean RJ :) 

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

I hope Schlenk does not let him walk just because he was drafted by the previous regime. GM's have this irrational obsession with getting "their guys."

Schlenk has seemed to pull strings on moves in order to favor his development so far so I'm not seeing any indication of that.  It would be foolish at best to get hung up on the fact that Budcox drafted him.  We need to keep and develop our young talent for the long-term and only let them go in a trade that brings back better assets.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This makes no sense!

How does it not make sense? It has been shown time and time again GM's are less likely to resign guys from a previous regime than ones they drafted. I certainly hope Schlenk is not that petty and egotistical but some GM's are believe it or not.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

How does it not make sense? It has been shown time and time again GM's are less likely to resign guys from a previous regime than ones they drafted. I certainly hope Schlenk is not that petty and egotistical but some GM's are believe it or not.

Schlenk is about to give an asset away for nothing.  By the way how many GM's did Horford survive.

3 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

NOTE:  KB21 has given his unofficial win total @ 18.  After our last game, I'll bet he will raise the "official" number to 20 !

:biggrin:

No.  I'm going to stay with 18.  This team is too young and not very good.  There will be flashes, but overall, this will be a very turnover prone team that shoots themselves out of games (intentionally) and also a very, very bad defensive team.