• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hello

Alex

Hey squawkers!  Last time I posted was emotionally charged after the draft.  I like the NBA and want a place to talk the game.  There are a lot of smart posters here so I would be doing myself a disservice by not coming here.  I am not going to pretend to know anything about the Hawks and don’t have a huge rooting interest in them, but I will try and follow them as closely as I can.  I am out of market so watching games will be pretty challenging, but will relish the chances I have to see them play.  I just wanted to chime in and say hello.  Carry on.  :)

• Moderators

Don't know anything about the Hawks?   Haven't you been posting here for 8 years??  Welcome back.  I was gone for a bit myself.   

I was down on letting Bud go but I couldn't be happier with what we've done.  Trae will be totally worth the pick, Pierce was the right kind of coach to bring in, and we have some young guns ready to go.

Go Hawks!

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Alex said:

Hey squawkers!  Last time I posted was emotionally charged after the draft.  I like the NBA and want a place to talk the game.  There are a lot of smart posters here so I would be doing myself a disservice by not coming here.  I am not going to pretend to know anything about the Hawks and don’t have a huge rooting interest in them, but I will try and follow them as closely as I can.  I am out of market so watching games will be pretty challenging, but will relish the chances I have to see them play.  I just wanted to chime in and say hello.  Carry on.  :)

Welcome back Alex.

How's the little one?

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Don't know anything about the Hawks?   Haven't you been posting here for 8 years??  Welcome back.  I was gone for a bit myself.   

I was down on letting Bud go but I couldn't be happier with what we've done.  Trae will be totally worth the pick, Pierce was the right kind of coach to bring in, and we have some young guns ready to go.

Go Hawks!

I mean I know they have some players and coaches, but I don’t know much about them.  

Just now, Alex said:

I mean I know they have some players and coaches, but I don’t know much about them.  

That's about the gist of this team.  They have some players, and they have some coaches.  They don't have a goal of winning though, so........

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

Dang, dude.  What did you do rage-quit after the draft or something?

Whatevs.  You're cool with me.  Gonna be an interesting season, glad you're here/bak.

Pretty much.  I threw in the towel after they picked Young.  It’s hard to continue to devote time to a franchise that in my mind is not making an attempt at getting better.  There wasn’t a player I wanted so badly, but it was the one player I didn’t want selected.  To summarize I think Young was a great college player for a couple months and then turned into a bad one once the competition ramped up.  I think he will be a very bad NBA player and the only reason why he was selected by the Hawks was because they did it for publicity in an attempt to make some cash.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Alex said:

To summarize I think Young was a great college player for a couple months and then turned into a bad one once the competition ramped up.  I think he will be a very bad NBA player and the only reason why he was selected by the Hawks was because they did it for publicity in an attempt to make some cash.  

Did you follow Young  during the preseason?

Just now, Peoriabird said:

Did you follow Young  during the preseason?

No.  Exhibition games across all sports aren’t an indicator of what is to come.  For good or for bad. 

11 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is just weird guys that someone would come to a Hawk message board but yet not follow the team. Did someone hack into Alex's account and is just screwing with the Message Board?

This is a place to talk basketball,  no? I haven’t followed them at all during the summer and am not that familiar with the roster.  I am not actively scrubbing every box score from the pre season trying to sound like I am in tune with what’s going on.  I never was a huge Hawks fan.  I sort of just adopted them awhile back and began to closely follow them right around the Joe Johnson era.  

23 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So what did you use then to draw your conclusions if you didn't use game played against NBA players?

I am not going to re-explain why I think he’s a bad player from what I saw in college.  Shot selection, inefficient, lack of quickness/athleticism, no strength, and port defense is what I saw.  He’s raw and young and sure he can get better, but I mean not banking on that.  Yes I can be wrong too and I am going into this with an open mind.  I am not an expert by any means so it will be interesting to see how he handles things.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Alex said:

I am not going to re-explain why I think he’s a bad player from what I saw in college.  Shot selection, inefficient, lack of quickness/athleticism, no strength, and port defense is what I saw.  He’s raw and young and sure he can get better, but I mean not banking on that.  Yes I can be wrong too and I am going into this with an open mind.  I am not an expert by any means so it will be interesting to see how he handles things.

So you will use college games where incidentally he lead the nation in scoring and assist while being the focal point of the opposing team's defense at age18 years but you totally discount games against NBA players?  That makes a lot of sense.

15 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So you will use college games where incidentally he lead the nation in scoring and assist while being the focal point of the opposing team's defense at age18 years but you totally discount games against NBA players?  That makes a lot of sense.

Meaningless games mean nothing.  Are you dense?

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Meaningless games mean nothing.  Are you dense?

Is it also meaningless that he led the nation in scoring and assist in the very forum that you are using to evaluate him?  So dominating in college means poor pro in your book?  Are you dense?

• Premium Member

Mods...Why does this site attract these kinds of trolls??  Why come to a fan site of a team that you admit you no longer follow just to trash it for no particular reason?  This guy even admits that he isn't a Hawk fan so why post on its fan site?