• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hello

Alex

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Pretty much.  I threw in the towel after they picked Young.  It’s hard to continue to devote time to a franchise that in my mind is not making an attempt at getting better.  There wasn’t a player I wanted so badly, but it was the one player I didn’t want selected.  To summarize I think Young was a great college player for a couple months and then turned into a bad one once the competition ramped up.  I think he will be a very bad NBA player and the only reason why he was selected by the Hawks was because they did it for publicity in an attempt to make some cash.  

I felt the same as you but decided to recalibrate and try to forget the disdain I had for the college version of Young.  Watching him play, it seems clear the poor play was more of a reflection of the OK coaching staff.  So far, Young has actually been a pleasant surprise. 

Glad the little one is doing well.  Hope you're recovering from your loss and surgery as well.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Alex said:

She is doing well, thanks!  A joy most of the time.  Can’t believe she is already over 2 years old.  It’s amazing watching her grow and develop a personality and an attitude to go along with it.  It’s been rough for me and my family the last couple months though.  Lost my father to cancer the same day my baby girl turned two.  I just had back surgery last week and still recovering from that.  Life goes on so that’s what I am going to do as well.  

I am glad to see you are back here as well.  I have seen a couple other names as well.

Glad you and the fam are now doing ok.

He obviously was judging off emotion. Watch the games then judge the play. Young’s play was as good as any other top 5 rookies selected during this year.  Only Ayton looked to be at a different level this preseason.  

True fans support through the good and bad. You ran for the wrong reasons. Your going to miss out on a well coached good, young and exciting team. GoHawks!

2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Mods...Why does this site attract these kinds of troll??  Why come to a fan site of a team that you admit you no longer follow just to trash it for no particular reason?  This guy even admits that he isn't a Hawk fan so why post on its fan site?

What is your f***ing problem?  I don’t like Young.  Get over it.  How am I trashing and trolling the team?  Lots of people don’t care for decisions made by front office personnel.  Why do you do out of your way to swing on some kids nuts?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, Alex said:

What is your f***ing problem?  I don’t like Young.  Get over it.  How am I trashing and trolling the team?  Lots of people don’t care for decisions made by front office personnel.  Why do you do out of your way to swing on some kids nuts?

Why are you here?

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, nathan2331 said:
7 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:
Why are you here?

Does it matter?

Just wondering since he said he isn't a fan of the team nor does he follow the players.  Then show up to trash the team's lottery pick after admitting that he hasn't watched him play while on the Hawks

• Moderators

@Alex - Welcome back on the site and to the Hawks.  I was not happy about the draft but I have to say that Young has been encouraging in one major respect — he has shown a real natural gift for passing and floor vision that didn’t come through as much in college.  A lot of other questions will need to be answered in real games but for me his passing has been a nice surprise and given me hope.  Hope you feel the same after watching him.

@KB21 - Please stop with the tanking stuff on every thread.  You were past it and posting on topic for a while.  Let’s focus the tanking on the tanking thread.  

@Peoriabird - Alex has posted here for years.  Don’t go on the attack.  Put him on ignore if your want or report inappropriate posts to the mods.  

• Like 3

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, AHF said:

@Alex@KB21 

@Peoriabird - Alex has posted here for years.  Don’t go on the attack.  Put him on ignore if your want or report inappropriate posts to the mods.  

The guy insulted me 1st because I asked him a question. But if you want those kind of guys controlling the board, I'll gladly ignore them all.

• Moderators

You first insulted him by asking if someone had hacked his account and was trolling the board and telling him he wasn’t making sense.  Then he got defensive.  You asked him several questions and he answered them politely and you ramped it up when you weren’t satisfied with the answers.  If you are going to start down the road of attacking him as not a real fan or someone who makes no sense then just walk away and leave it alone instead.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Gotta give credit where it's due, this is some mighty fine mod'n, sir.

This will be the norm under my tenure. #kg4Mod2018

When is the election?  2018 season has started, thought you'd wanna be on board for the new season cause there's gonna be some meltdowns :thinking:. Mods gonna have their hands full. 

You could be in charge of :banned:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When is the election?  2018 season has started, thought you'd wanna be on board for the new season cause there's gonna be some meltdowns :thinking:. Mods gonna have their hands full. 

You could be in charge of :banned:

Dunno.  I'm thinking the incumbents have successfully kept me off the ballot anyway though.

I probably shouldn'tve let it leak that my first act as mod will be to prema-bannnnn them, huh? :hmm:

6 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dunno.  I'm thinking the incumbents have successfully kept me off the ballot anyway though.

I probably shouldn'tve let it leak that my first act as mod will be to prema-bannnnn them, huh? :hmm:

That’s be nice. Cuz AHF sitting here playing god again with what posts to delete and not delete because they hurt a little girl’s feelings. Man if the girls wanna hang they gotta toughen up that skin ☀️. Your gonna get some elbows to where ur a$$ shoulda worn makeup ? ya heard!

Real talk that’s sheisty of the mods. If they wanna play this bull$hit game I’ll take my talents over to realgm and hang out with the one man bipolar show known as “ Jamaal and the eastside gangsters” aka Brad’s b’s.

9 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

What up @Alex (sexy Lexi)? Glad things are going well outside of peo riding you lol..welcome to the jungle. 

Hey there @Spud2nique!  You are one of the friendly faces I was referring to in my original post.

@Sothron you adopted the puppies because I believe you moved up here, right?  Your boy Jimmy Butler needs to pack up and get out of here!  He’s giving us a bad look.

• Like 2