• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

You Say You Want a Traevolution?!

hazer

3 minutes ago, hazer said:

I agree with CLP for sitting him at the end. But consider had he stayed in, likely would’ve hit 40/13.

I was impressed he played 38 minutes. He's looked gassed out there at one point or another just about every game. 

Don't look now.  This may be our best game of the year.  We hope that this is just the beginning of something great.  Remember, after three quarters against one of the worst NBA teams, Hawks only had a small lead.

Then it occurred to them, "We can actually win this game!" and they did!  Every team in the NBA will plan to stop our rookie PG.  Count on it.  They will do anything to stop him.  Remember a few seasons ago when one of our better players was hurt enough that it ended his season?  It's not likely to happen in today's NBA but you never know.

Good games and bad games.  Games we should win and don't.  Games we shouldn't win, but do.  Originally, I said we could win half of our games.  That lofty ambition is still mine if we can remain healthy.  Thrilled with Alex Len and our four first round draft picks, three this year and one last year.  Quiet a team!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:biggrin:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Skill level of our rookies are extraordinarily high. I’m just shocked. Instinctually they are super quick. It’s a long season but it could very well turn out to be a memorable one no doubt. Must see TV with Trae.

Yeah, they're fun to watch. I watched 10 minutes of Charlotte play and just couldn't. And outside of PHX, I think we're in the best position possible for the future as far as current non-contenders go. 

• Like 1

Love when Trae gets those runners/ floaters to fall early, especially the ones that drop off the soft rim touch.  He’s truly one of those guys who the hoop opens up for just off seeing the ball go in.  Hovering around .455 shooting at his age and size would be nothing short of miraculous.

1 hour ago, benhillboy said:

Damn, maybe I’m late but he’s a year and a half + younger than Steph as a rook.  I didn’t like to make the comparison but after last night I gotta link em.

Can we just go with Iverson cuz Curry is slutty?

6 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Can we just go with Iverson cuz Curry is slutty?

What, you’ve never had a scuz crush?

• Like 1

From AJC’s “A Look at Trae Young’s Historic Performance”:

* Young is the first player in NBA history with a 35-point/10-assist game within his first 10 NBA games. Previous fewest NBA games to first 35-point/10-assist game was 11 by Charlie Scott in 1972.

* Young joins Curry as the only rookies in NBA history to record at least 35 points, 11 assists and six three-pointers in a game (Curry reached those marks on Feb. 10, 2010 against the Clippers), according to Elias Stats Bureau).

* Young is the first Hawks player to ever record at least 35 points, 11 assists and six 3-pointers in a game, according to Elias Stats Bureau.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, hazer said:

* Young is the first player in NBA history with a 35-point/10-assist game within his first 10 NBA games. Previous fewest NBA games to first 35-point/10-assist game was 11 by Charlie Scott in 1972.

* Young joins Curry as the only rookies in NBA history to record at least 35 points, 11 assists and six three-pointers in a game (Curry reached those marks on Feb. 10, 2010 against the Clippers), according to Elias Stats Bureau).

* Young is the first Hawks player to ever record at least 35 points, 11 assists and six 3-pointers in a game, according to Elias Stats Bureau.

But But But Doncic is better!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

But But But Doncic is better!

Donciccio will be good. Ice Très will be very good. And highly likely that Mavs lottery pick we got along with him will be a starter to boot. You know this just kills the Lukabaters ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Lol living in the bay...it’s way too much.

My scuz crush is Juliette Lewis. Did I say that out loud? ??

5 hours ago, hazer said:

I hate cherrypicking stats....but the fact that every player mentioned having a stat line like this has gone on to have some level of success is very encouraging. Watching him develop this season is going to be super exciting. 

Also, pretty sure Charlie Scott already had a couple of ABA years prior to being a 'rookie'. 

2 hours ago, hazer said:

My scuz crush is Juliette Lewis. Did I say that out loud? ??

She scares me...when I see her I feel like Dinero is stuck at the bottom of my car while I’m driving it..

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

What the heck is that?

Do I want to know?

Lmao I don’t know what it is but it sounds sleezy I like it!

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

She scares me...when I see her I feel like Dinero is stuck at the bottom of my car while I’m driving it..

Lmao I don’t know what it is but it sounds sleezy I like it!

Scares me too, and I like it. She’d prolly hurt me. Yes, sleezy ?

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

What the heck is that?

Do I want to know?

You don’t, but it’s like a music guilty pleasure ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hazer said:

You don’t, but it’s like a music guilty pleasure ?

She's a good pick, absolutely. I never even heard of this term until this thread, so I will mention Molly Ringwald, Selma Blair, and Joey Lauren Adams (Chasing Amy) as in the same group for me.

But back to the topic at hand...um...I don't remember. Something about Prince and Traevolution bathing in the purple rain....