• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

First 3 Games

sillent

Game 1: Vs the Knicks we looked real green and the defense was apparently absent( see Knicks 49 pt 2nd quarter). Classic case of underestimating our opponent. On the bright side we did win every other quarter and Prince is going to be huge for our team overall.

Game 2: Vs the Grizz team defense was still lacking but you could see individuals had there defensive spurts. Prince has found his defense (I'm sure it was never really lost). Trae Young got his 1st 20+ nba game and is going to be a star in this league. Trae and Prince had a come back spurt that seemed surreal and if they would have continued to 1-2 punch could have possibly turned the whole game around. Better game than the game before (step by step improvements). Scoring for us is not an issue.

Game 3: Vs the Cavs we were down  9- 22 at one point but again scoring for us is not an issue. Once we stepped up the defense it was game on. Taurean is starting to get real respect as a player (Defense was more focused in on him). Which is a good start for a great player/team because it opens up space and opportunities for other players. Trae 35 and 11, Spellman 17, Huerter 9pts/rbs. Our 3 rookies got over 60pts by themselves. Bembry's 3pt shot was getting put up quick and efficient. Good Baze showed up after the 1st quarter. Random highlight Alex Len euro step bucket and Trae Young's ridiculous past to Spellman off the double team. I blinked and missed it the 1st time seen. Trae gets a lot of passes off like that which is very exciting.

Overall: Still no Dedmon, Collins and Anderson (which should all do wonders for our defense. Len will be a great back up ( foul trouble piles up because he's starting).

Baze can be a good/great 6 man (I'm starting to believe that's why he was so formidable on the 60 win team). Bembry is who we think he is (atleast those of us who noticed him and Prince being gems and great draft picks early). Dorsey, although he didn't play last game reminds me of players like Garrett Temple, Wayne Ellington or CJ McCollum, Bradley Beal at his best. He's an undersized gunner that can be a nuisance to opposing teams when hot. The way he rebounds and surprisingly is a more willing passer than initially shown he will be a great commodity. On a team that sorely needed to play it's best defense it's understandable why he had to sit out this game. Poythress seems to always bring it although I think he sinced his G-League days are coming soon so he played a little selfish at times.

Huerter and Spellman looked good and very promising out there. Huerter is quicker than I expected and looks to be a pretty elite passer himself. Him, Bembry and Dorsey are my 1st to get a tripple double candidates.   

Observation: Nobody on our team has played their best game yet meaning we have a long way to go but also a very bright future ahead. 

Statement: People will believe in the Prince, Trae and Collins 1-2-3 punch by midseason if not sooner. Trae and Prince may hit 50 atleast once this season. As a team overall we may set records this season on the 3pt/fg% as well.

We can't afford to lose out. For development purposes, minutes purpose and literally finances. For reasonable fans (that excludes KB21) we have a large young core Prince, Collins, Young, Bembry, Spellman, Huerter, Dorsey, Len, Anderson, (Poythress, Adams). They all need a winning environment, experience to get better and to get paid without hurting the teams bottom line (payroll).

Losing (especially purposely) would cost us in the short run and the long run when it's time to decide who stays and who goes. I don't know about y'all but I'd like to keep them all and let them gain chemistry and develop together for years. If we can add a phenom center to the mix down the road we will be set.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Also the differences from games 1 and 2 compared to game 3 were no Plumlee and less Vice Carter.

When Collins and Dedmon get back, there’ll be no Plumlee, Carter, and Poythress, which will make it even better. Use more Bembry at backup PG until Lin gets his legs backs and up to speed, toss in Anderson behind Prince, and the tenacious D will be much improved. Add good D to this scoring and the Hawks easily win 28.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hazer said:

When Collins and Dedmon get back, there’ll be no Plumlee, Carter, and Poythress, which will make it even better. Use more Bembry at backup PG until Lin gets his legs backs and up to speed, toss in Anderson behind Prince, and the tenacious D will be much improved. Add good D to this scoring and the Hawks easily win 28.

Yeah. In terms of raw talent CLE is still a better team. They made some awful defensive decisions last night that contributed to Young's performance but still....you don't stumble into 35 pts in your 3rd NBA game without doing something right. We were a different team with Lin out there vs. Young.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

Also the differences from games 1 and 2 compared to game 3 were no Plumlee and less Vice Carter.

I did notice the no Plumlee action. I'm higher on him than most. Possibly because I don't expect much more out of him than athleticism and rebounding. He has shown he has some inside game and can block shots but I'm guessing his defense has not been up to par hence his absence in this game. You could tell from coach Melvin (our offensive coach) that defense was a priority in this game. Carter actually was on the court a decent amount but just not very productive. I guess he has to shake off the cobb webs. If he doesn't soon he will see the bench more than he would probably like when our other 3 players return. 

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

No Dorsey either.   Less Lin.   

Dorsey albeit he holds his own on defense is no defensive stopper and with defense being a priority he just didn't make the cut. Lin looked like the shell of Lin and didn't warrant much playing time in this game. Especially the way Trae had command of the game after we got it going. Sadly the Lin and Vince (probably even more Lin than Vince) looks like there time is passing. Maybe they just need to shake off the rust but it seems like they will be more helpful on the bench in some games than actually playing. 

9 minutes ago, hazer said:

Ran out of "Likes". 28 if we under perform. Plumlee and Carter will be bonus players and Poythress will be back in the G-League. 

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, sillent said:

I did notice the no Plumlee action. I'm higher on him than most. 

eeeehhhh....say what now? Plumlee is the 'break glass in case of emergency' center.  Nothing more. He should only play because of injuries, foul trouble and blowouts.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

eeeehhhh....say what now? Plumlee is the 'break glass in case of emergency' center.  Nothing more. He should only play because of injuries, foul trouble and blowouts.

That Demon/Len rotation at C is going to be nice when it gets rolling. Or Len/Dedmon for that matter. Sure as hell beats Moose or Bumlee as backup 5.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When you have a PG like Trae a player like Plumlee can be formed into a real part time, 3rd string C weapon. I don't expect more than what I expect from Plumlee but I'm sure when we have a healthy roster/bigs we will be more impressed with the highlights created when he does get off the bench.

I do agree though he is more of our break the glass in case of emergency but I'd rather have him than most 3rd string centers. He still is athletic = exciting, big/solid = 6 fouls/hard nose and once he gets his defense and rebounding together can be even more useful. I don't know if I'm the only one that has seen his improvement on the post (hook shots, footwork and etc. during the off season) but atleast I can say he is slightly improving and as long as he plays his role (when he does play) he can be useful.