If the playoffs started today (or alternatively titled: "Matt Lauer Can Suck It"

thecampster

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, marco102 said:

Why do you keep bringing up that Dallas loss by 20 to the Suns?  They also beat Minnesota which was a playoff team last year. 

A MIN team that was barely a playoff team last year, and moreover, one that we all realize is in a state of flux because of some drama going on there.

A PHX team that most seem to project to compete with us and only one or two others for worst season.

That's why.

And finishing the point, though I'm not sure I need to...

Because if we're going to measure ourselves and get cocky on the basis of 4 games, then it helps to have a clear head and feet on the ground in that measurement.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Sturt are you Jamaal on realgm?

I'm either sturt or _sturt_, and have been for most of the 20-ish years.

EDIT: Oh yeah, just remembered, as if anyone should care... I had to be _s_t_u_r_t_ when the old Astros Baseball Talk board relocated to another carrier. Something really screwy with the old yuku board that forced that. Not an Astros fan since the new owner took Selig's bribe and went to the AL, so only occasionally get back over there to convene with some old friends.

This came up for a different reason on another board just yesterday.

As a prank one time, I was Priest Urtishere. I joined the Blue & Gold board for WVU, and pretended to be a 6-5, 225 lb American football player from Germany interested in going to school there, with an arms-length resume' of scouts' reviews that I was destined to be the next Dan Marino. 

That was fun.

Get it?... Priest-Urtis-here.

No, the only other places you'll normally find me are either on a Washington Nationals' fans Facebook page, CowboysZone.com, or the CUSA board (Marshall) at CSNbbs. I used to frequent HerdFans.com, but let's just say there's too much of a special breed there that reinforces some Appalachian stereotypes. I quit, came back for a bit around bowl season last year, then got banned. That also is quite the story, but I'm not bitter after 9000+ posts and 12 years... of course not. *wink*

• Premium Member

Boxer-pit mix, according to the vet. We got him as a rescue at about 2 mos and I'm guessing 10 lbs. Now at 120-ish, but his owners need to get him some more exercise so he can slim down to maybe 110.

Pirate.jpg

• Premium Member

So, with the Bulls having delayed the coronation and with our collective feet back on the ground, let's think just a little more about why we need another good draft in addition to whatever free agent pick-ups we can gather next off-season. We've got these voids to fill...

2018-10-27_2356.png

1) A point guard to replace Lin

2) A wing to replace Carter

3) Likely, a center to replace Dedmon

4) Likely, a wing to replace Bazemore who will have been traded

5) Possibly another wing to replace Anderson whose option might not be picked up

That's four players who right now are very much in the rotation, and one who may or may not be before the season's end, depending on his health.

Yes. We NEED to have another good influx of young talent, there is no doubt about that.

4 minutes ago, sturt said:

So, with the Bulls having delayed the coronation and with our collective feet back on the ground, let's think just a little more about why we need another good draft in addition to whatever free agent pick-ups we can gather next off-season. We've got these voids to fill...

2018-10-27_2356.png

5) Possibly another wing to replace Anderson whose option might not be picked up

That's four players who right now are very much in the rotation, and one who may or may not be before the season's end, depending on his health.

Yes. We NEED to have another good influx of young talent, there is no doubt about that.

Pretty much but three 1st rounders..make that 2 because the Cavs are awful will help that as well as another short term contract free agent or two should round it out. I think the Feb. 2020 trade deadline is one that will land us our guy via trade. If not then it’s most likely summer of 2020 free agency.

Mighty early to even contemplate the playoffs.  That said, considering we are without Collins, I certainly cannot complain about us being 2-3.  Our best chance for the Cavs pick conveying is if (when) Lue gets shown the door.  Would not be surprised if we actually look better against Philly than we did against the Bulls.  Thinking this will be one of those seasons where our record will be better against playoff contenders than fellow tank adjacent.  Lin has looked like hot garbage, but hopefully he will reacclimatize to playing again after the myriad injuries.

• Premium Member
12 hours ago, sturt said:

2018-10-27_2356.png

12 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Pretty much but three 1st rounders..make that 2 because the Cavs are awful will help that as well as another short term contract free agent or two should round it out. I think the Feb. 2020 trade deadline is one that will land us our guy via trade. If not then it’s most likely summer of 2020 free agency.

I'm only interested in moving Dedmon if we get a 1st, otherwise try and resign him (most thought he was going to decline his option).

I'm keeping an eye on the Wiz, Bradley Beal in particular via trade and the other is Indy and Domantas Sabonis as a RFA. Indy signed Turner to a big, will they do the same for Sabonis since they both play Center.  Will Domas want to keep playing behind Turner?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

'm keeping an eye on the Wiz, Bradley Beal in particular via trade and the other is Indy and Domantas Sabonis as a RFA. Indy signed Turner to a big, will they do the same for Sabonis since they both play Center.  Will Domas want to keep playing behind Turner?

I’m a huge fan of Domantas. Not as big as lw3 but still think he’s a winning piece to any team. I like combining Beal’s skill set with Trae but I don’t like Beal himself due to the injury bug.

I’m targeting Jaylen Brown and keeping an eye on what the Celts can’t do to hang on to this Georgia boy! 

Jaylen and Domantas for me.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I’m a huge fan of Domantas. Not as big as lw3 but still think he’s a winning piece to any team. I like combining Beal’s skill set with Trae but I don’t like Beal himself due to the injury bug.

I’m targeting Jaylen Brown and keeping an eye on what the Celts can’t do to hang on to this Georgia boy! 

Jaylen and Domantas for me.

That was my first thought on Beal but he has only missed 5 games the last 2 years. 

Brown is intersting as well.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That was my first thought on Beal but he has only missed 5 games the last 2 years. 

Brown is intersting as well.

Wow...Beal gettin healthy to make up for lost time. He would be a nice backcourt mate to Trae for sure.