• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince needs to get his act together

capstone21

• Admin

After a solid start to the season he has been turrible since ...

His lack of effort on D and extremely poor shooting are concerns to me. 

He was drafted to be a defender and he has been basically playing Matador Ole this year.  I am more dissappointed by this then his poor shooting.

As for shooting, he started off hot on 3 of the first four games but since then his shooting percentage is in the low .300s ... he is getting points but in a very inefficient way... take a step back and start taking smart shots..

Time might be right to start attacking the basket and maybe laying off the 3s.   In his last 5 games he is 8 - 36 from 3 ( a whooping .222%).  Taking 7 - 8 threes when you can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn isn't a good thing.  We don't want a Josh Smith chucker here (Yes I just went there).

Until this improves I hope we stay with Bembry in the starting lineup.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

He was drafted to be a defender and he has been basically playing Matador Ole this year.  I am more dissappointed by this then his poor shooting.

As for shooting, he started off hot on 3 of the first four games but since then his shooting percentage is in the low .300s ... he is getting points but in a very inefficient way... take a step back and start taking smart shots..

Time might be right to start attacking the basket and maybe laying off the 3s.   In his last 5 games he is 8 - 36 from 3 ( a whooping .222%).  Taking 7 - 8 threes when you can't seem to hit the broad side of a barn isn't a good thing.  We don't want a Josh Smith chucker here (Yes I just went there).

Taurean is largely ineffective with the ball in his hands and doesn’t have the handles to consistently get to the basket. So, essentially, he is absolutely a negative impact player (especially when he isn’t hitting shots). Sadly enough, he is playing so bad that it’s hurting his trade  value. Based off the little bit I’ve seen this season, he should not be in our long term plans unless he’s playing the 6th man role. He gives you nothing defensively and only a spot up shooter on any good team.

28 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

I was one who considered him a cornerstone piece.  A guy who, if we traded him, we'd be basically looking for the same guy again.

Now, I'm shifting.  Guy doesn't play defense, can't get his own shot - which isn't an issue until you realize he KEEPS TRYING TO DO IT! - and is old considering his # of years in the league.

Clearly his isn't the type of deal we should be looking to move but it may be the better proposition as opposed to hoping he can be re-signed in R-free agency for a palatable deal.

I mean, if the Anderson guy wasn't ded, he probably would've passed Printz in the rotation by now and he's an equally middling "prospect".

We need an infusion on the wangs, badly.

Bembry needs to start/play more.  He's out of control about 27% of the time but at least he tries.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I was one who considered him a cornerstone piece.  A guy who, if we traded him, we'd be basically looking for the same guy again.

Same. But I’m telling you that’s a different player we were in love with...it’s not the same guy anymore. He’s morphing into something weird.

• Like 2

Prince is not playing great but we also collectively shot like garbage in last night's game. I'm not thrilled about our offense right now. I think it leads to a lot of bad shots in general. Prince has just been exceptionally bad. We need more ball movement and that starts with him in a lot of cases.

• Moderators

Prince has to change so this is a great opportunity to observe both how he reacts to adversity (keep forcing the issue or try to make adjustments to be more effective) and importantly how Pierce and the coaching staff react to a player who is not playing the right way.  In fact, I'm not sure this isn't a more important test of Pierce than it is of Prince even though I think Prince is in a window where he must make changes.

• Like 3

He sucks in this new system. 

It's not the system, it's his approach. He's trying to do way too much. Taking 10 three's in a game is his own fault if his shot isn't falling. If that's what it'll take for us to lose, I'm not gonna complain, but Prince is shooting himself in the foot.
  • Like 4

Just now, Spud2nique said:

He needs Bud! ? 

He does. He was perfect in that secondary playmaker role in a structure system without plays. This system has plays and tempo and he struggles on offense. 

While our draft picks can play in this system, Bazemore, Bembry, and Len. Prince, Dedmon, The shooter from Oregon stink in this system.

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am looking to trade Dedmon and the kid from Oregon asap. Bazemore fits but his career inconsistency is annoying

Honestly, the kid from Oregon wasn't that good last year either

Is there a reason we aren't saying Tyler Dorsey's name now?  Is this like a Beetlejuice situation?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am looking to trade Dedmon

Looked at Ded to grizz because it said they needed a backup behind Gasol but they have nothing to offer us except Jamychal Green, whose probably on the same level as Dedmon but also the same contract that expires at 7 mill ...unless they gave us a first which is doubtful.