• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Prince, Collins...and Zion?

Sothron

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, hazer said:

If he slips out of the top 5, hoping for Sekou with that Mav’s pick. It would probably need to be 6th to pull it off. But in that case Mavs would be desperately tanking down to 5 to keep it. Ping pong balls are going to be VERY interesting this offseason ? 

Waaaaaaaaaayyy to early to be talking with so much certainty about who will be top 5. Sekou included, Zion included, Barrett included. It's November. Lots of basketball to be played, and development to be seen, and scouting reports to be posted.

3 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yes sir! Honestly we end up with a SG or SF if we don’t land Zion imo we good either way.

1. Zion pf

2. Barrett sf

3. Reddish sf

4. Little sf

5. Langford sg

2-5 is the sweet spot where we land our wang as @kg01 often says. We are in the drivers seat ? here...enjoy the ride kids!

Dont sleep on Kevin Porter. He's moving up boards...

2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup...for me as of now and prolly everyone else is Zion 1st.

Cant deny Reddish with Trae would be a start of something very very sweet.

Im currently having a problem seeing the entire talents of Barrett. Usually a consensus top 2 pick shows you something fabulous, some crazy skill that separates them, I can’t point to that with Barrett. I think I need to watch more film on him.

Zion, Reddish, Langford fit in nicely with us.

Barret and Little a little ? less to me but they are incredible talents and I’d love to get either of those as well.

Honestly this is like going to a candy ? shop. Pick ur favorite lolly Haze! Hell, grab 2! (Second one isn’t on me..Cuban’s got that one).

Ps First ? from top shelf

second ? one shelf lower

We could end up with Zion AND Langford(Mavs pick). Langford has fallen a bit on some boards..

4 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dont sleep on Kevin Porter. He's moving up boards...

I actually have slept on him. Truth be told I haven’t watched much of him, what do you like about him as a prospect?

Just now, terrell said:

We could end up with Zion AND Langford(Mavs pick). Langford has fallen a bit on some boards..

This would be my favorite scenario I think. Grabbing Zion and Romeo.

Just now, Spud2nique said:

I actually have slept on him. Truth be told I haven’t watched much of him, what do you like about him as a prospect?

He can create his on shot with ease. Nice fit with Trae also imo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sturt said:

Waaaaaaaaaayyy to early to be talking with so much certainty about who will be top 5. Sekou included, Zion included, Barrett included. It's November. Lots of basketball to be played, and development to be seen, and scouting reports to be posted.

Naaaaa, never too early for absurd speculation! Only fun to be had at Hawks’  present juncture ??

11 minutes ago, sturt said:

Speculation, sure.

I'm reading more than speculation... something closer to "so much certainty."

Danny Devito nope meme.

I think this may have been mentioned, but let's say the Hawks get the number 1 pick, would you trade it to a team really wanting Zion, if they feel let's say a Cam Reddish is number 1 on their board?   I'd do it all day to get an unprotected pick in a future draft. 

To me give me  any combination of Zion, Cam, Bol Bol, Romeo Langford,  Kevin Porter, Jr., Daniel Gafford or Naz Reid and I'll be a happy camper.

1 hour ago, marco102 said:

I think this may have been mentioned, but let's say the Hawks get the number 1 pick, would you trade it to a team really wanting Zion, if they feel let's say a Cam Reddish is number 1 on their board?   I'd do it all day to get an unprotected pick in a future draft. 

To me give me  any combination of Zion, Cam, Bol Bol, Romeo Langford,  Kevin Porter, Jr., Daniel Gafford or Naz Reid and I'll be a happy camper.

I’ll do it in a heart beat..To me it’s 

barrett 

cam

zion 

in that order 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marco102 said:

Yup.  Why wouldn't he be?  Doing exactly what your boy JJJ did in college, except better.

He's not even remotely close to JJJ.  First of all, Bol Bol is as unathletic as you can get.  His frame is also terrible.  JJJ has a frame with wide shoulders and wide hips which suggests that he will hold more weight.  Bol Bol looks like his body is already maxed out.  It's easy to get depth on him when posting him up.  He doesn't move well.  The idea that he is better than JJJ is laughable at best.  

Zion reminds me of Shawn Kemp.  Zion will win a slam dunk contest but his shooting percentage terrifies me.  If you recall Shawn Kemp’s weight issue later in his career, he ballooned and starting playing Center.  There are Zion reports that he has a history of keeping his weight in check.  He’s young now but I’m concerned with a mixture of shooting and weight issues, in the future, impacting his health and insane athleticism.

Our GM is all about shooting and Cam Reddish will be the target.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we trade Prince for a future 1st round pick.  Travis Schlenk trades trends toward accumulating more picks.  He’s about sustainability. 

36 minutes ago, hawkster911 said:

Zion reminds me of Shawn Kemp.  Zion will win a slam dunk contest but his shooting percentage terrifies me.  If you recall Shawn Kemp’s weight issue later in his career, he ballooned and starting playing Center.  There are Zion reports that he has a history of keeping his weight in check.  He’s young now but I’m concerned with a mixture of shooting and weight issues, in the future, impacting his health and insane athleticism.

Our GM is all about shooting and Cam Reddish will be the target.  I wouldn’t be surprised if we trade Prince for a future 1st round pick.  Travis Schlenk trades trends toward accumulating more picks.  He’s about sustainability. 

If I'm going to give Travis credit on something, it will be this.  It's not just shooting that he's looking for in a player.  He's looking for the ability to shoot, pass, and dribble.  The three players the Hawks took this year are a testament to this.  Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, and Omari Spellman can all shoot the basketball whether those shots are going in at the moment or not.  They can also pass the ball well, and in particular with Young and Huerter, they are very good ball handlers.  Spellman is a good ball handler for his size, but they don't ask him to do much with that.  

If Zion shows that he can shoot the basketball consistently from the perimeter, then he will be a prospect that possesses all three of these qualities.  Right now, I know Cam Reddish has all three.  RJ Barrett is in a similar situation as Zion as he needs to prove he can shoot it.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

He's not even remotely close to JJJ.  First of all, Bol Bol is as unathletic as you can get.  His frame is also terrible.  JJJ has a frame with wide shoulders and wide hips which suggests that he will hold more weight.  Bol Bol looks like his body is already maxed out.  It's easy to get depth on him when posting him up.  He doesn't move well.  The idea that he is better than JJJ is laughable at best.  

Seems like all of this opinion.  Stats say otherwise, even though very small sample.  

However, you may be suggesting that you need to take the eye test and stats into account when evaluating a player?  Which is what most here have been screaming at you for months, but I'll watch you double flip, dodge, and do what you do to avoid addressing that. 

I'm not sure if you've actually watched Bol Bol this year?  He's much improved from his high school highlights.  Moves better, more weight, and his shot looks improved.

• Like 1