• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep the faith Hawks fans..............

terrell

I was told a while back, that next years draft was terrible(so the Mavs pick wont matter).(Shouldve just kept Doncic) etc...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

But the 2019 draft is looking better and better everyday imo.

And the Hawks will more than likely end up with 2 of these players:

Superstar potential imo: (1-5)Zion/Barrett,Reddish/Little/Doumbouya

Great player potential imo: (6-14 range)Porter/Langford/Bol/Reid/Wilkes/Grimes/Gafford/Hoard/Smith

Add a couple of FA's (SF's(Dinwiddie/Thaddeous/Hood/Harris) Backup PG's(Barea/Collison) Centers(Gortat/Lopez) to go with the younguns and we could be a playoff team again in a couple of years imo..

With a core of

Trae/Reddish/Collins/Bol

Or

Trae/Langford/Zion/Collins

Or

Trae/Barrett/Doumbouya/Collins

Or

Trae/Langford/Little/Collins

Just to name a few. Things could be looking up............Go Hawks!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

I was told a while back, that next years draft was terrible(so the Mavs pick wont matter).(Shouldve just kept Doncic) etc...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Great player potential imo: (6-14 range)Porter/Langford/Bol/Reid/Wilkes/Grimes/Gafford/Hoard/Smith

Add a couple of FA's (SF's(Dinwiddie/Thaddeous/Hood/Harris) Backup PG's(Barea/Collison) Centers(Gortat/Lopez) to go with the younguns and we could be a playoff team again in a couple of years imo..

With a core of

Trae/Reddish/Collins/Bol

Or

Or

Or

Trae/Porter/Little/Collins

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  Keep up the blind faith.  #TrustTheAgony

I will....I know you hate the way they went about the rebuild. But we'll be a good team again one day.. Keep the faith!!

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yep.  Keep up the blind faith.  #TrustTheAgony

Who you taking at (1-5), and (6-10)? At least contribute something positive to the topic. lol

Just now, terrell said:

Who you taking at (1-5), and (6-10)? At least contribute something positive to the topic. lol

Unlike some, I value everyone opinion...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, terrell said:

Unlike some, I value everyone opinion...

It's too early to tell.  I'll know more in January when there is a better sample of data to look at.  Unlike most, I do not go into this process with a predetermined list or ranking.  I wait and see who jumps out at me when I'm watching the games and go from there.  Last year, JJJ was the guy who jumped out at me early on.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KB21 said:

It's too early to tell.  I'll know more in January when there is a better sample of data to look at.  Unlike most, I do not go into this process with a predetermined list or ranking.  I wait and see who jumps out at me when I'm watching the games and go from there.  Last year, JJJ was the guy who jumped out at me early on.  

Yeah, I feel you. Ive only watched a few games so far myself. But Ive watched a ton of highlights(Good and Bad)..lol

Just now, terrell said:

Yeah, I feel you. Ive only watched a few games so far myself. But Ive watched a ton of highlights(Good and Bad)..lol

I liked JJJ also, but his rebounding and fouling concerned me. He looks good though..

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

I liked JJJ also, but his rebounding and fouling concerned me. He looks good though..

Not that I didnt have concerns with other prospects. Just sayin..

JJJ is going to be good. Trae and Luka are going to be very good. What if I told you “D” is the answer, all of the above. Pragmatic, glass-half-full, longview, seeing the forest-for-the-trees Hazer ain’t losing any faith only 2 years in ?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PSSSHHHRRR87 said:

I’d rather root on a rebuild and young talent than to suffer through another season of a 50-win team that has no legitimate shot at title.

Especially all those 1st round exits. It’s like false hope, hollow victories, when you KNOW it’s not resulting in anything substantive in April.

• Like 2

On 11/19/2018 at 7:11 PM, hazer said:

JJJ is going to be good. Trae and Luka are going to be very good. What if I told you “D” is the answer, all of the above. Pragmatic, glass-half-full, longview, seeing the forest-for-the-trees Hazer ain’t losing any faith only 2 years in ?

So has Bagley Ayton Carter etc...That draft class is looking pretty damn good...

And next year's draft is shaping up to be better than expected imo...

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 11/19/2018 at 11:17 AM, terrell said:

I will....I know you hate the way they went about the rebuild. But we'll be a good team again one day.. Keep the faith!!

Maybe in the next 10 years.  We in bad shape no matter how you spin it.  

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, hazer said:

Especially all those 1st round exits. It’s like false hope, hollow victories, when you KNOW it’s not resulting in anything substantive in April.

Well at least there is no hope at all the next few years.  

On 11/19/2018 at 0:02 PM, terrell said:

With a core of

Trae/Reddish/Collins/Bol

Or

Or

Or

Trae/Langford/Little/Collins

Actually, I'm highly encouraged by what I'm seeing.

What we had when the year started. 

3 rookies all coming from college systems, transitioning to pro style defenses and expected to play rotation minutes.

A new 1st time starting center changing systems.

An injured previous starting Center.

An injured anticipated starting PF.

A 3rd year SF stepping up in role.

A 3rd year G/F coming off a season of major injuries.

A 1st time new head coach with a mostly new staff.

A new offensive system.

A broken locker room due the departure of a problem starting PG.

A dependence on a 41 year old player to play starter minutes due to other injuries.

Chaos surrounding the completion of the upgraded stadium.

When you consider those things to start the season and that we've won 3 games and been competitive in 4 or 5 others....I'd call this a decent start.  My target was 20 games to figure out what we had.  To get John Collins back and healthy and for the rest of the league to start having injuries so we could have fair roster comparisons.  My expectation was always for us to be terrible at the start of the year and get better as the season wore on due to cohesion and rookies adjusting.  Anyone expecting what we had day 1 to be what we'd have day 120 is delusional. 

• Like 4