• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep the faith Hawks fans..............

terrell

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

Bazemore's movement doesn't have impact but his hustle clearly has impact. 

Lol Deadman, he hustles, he just can't move as quickly as he needs to considering we have Young at the point

His hustle is nice but better placed on a playoff level team.  For us, it basically takes us from a total blow out to a mild blow out.

Dead belongs in the late 90's.  Move on before he kills all his moderate value.

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

You're assuming that we spend the money.

Right now, our active payroll is a shade under 80 million.  If we can't land any big name free agents next summer, what makes anyone think that the Hawks are going to spend some money on some vets?   If anything, they'll buy low, and just tank again.

It's a dangerous game to play.  The last time we did this, we gave two 1st round picks + frontloaded a restricted max deal, to get Joe Johnson.

Some of ya'll may want the Hawks to make a play for Klay Thompson, but he's not coming here.  The guy who might come here ( if we max him out ) is Draymond Green.  But even that's a dangerous proposition, considering that he's not a high ppg guy, and he's a very combustible personality.

Actually I'm assuming we move the contracts of either and or both of Baze/Plumlee for longer more talented contracts.  Maybe at the deadline for someone injured but better.  I don't believe we're bringing in talent at first without trading for it.  

Just so no one actually gets the idea that this is going to happen, the Hawks will not be players in free agency in 2019, and any trades they make will take on more bad salary attached to draft picks.

Folks, this isn't getting better anytime soon.  This is what happens when you choose the strategy to pursue high draft picks over veteran players.  

Next year, there is just going to be even more focus on playing the young guys: John Collins, Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, Omari Spellman, and the two draft picks they will get next year along with whoever they draft at the top of the 2nd round.  I will not be surprised to see Taurean Prince get dealt during this season.  Let's just assume that he isn't though.  Let's also assume that Atlanta gets the 1st pick of the draft and takes everyone's darling player Zion Williamson.  Let's also assume that they get the 9th pick from the Mavericks and takes Jarrett Culver with that pick.  Here is your rotation: Trae Young, Jarrett Culver, Taurean Prince, Zion Williamson, John Collins, Alex Len, Kevin Huerter, DeAndre Bembry, and Omari Spellman.

That's a 22 win team at best.  

6 hours ago, KB21 said:

Just so no one actually gets the idea that this is going to happen, the Hawks will not be players in free agency in 2019, and any trades they make will take on more bad salary attached to draft picks.

Folks, this isn't getting better anytime soon.  This is what happens when you choose the strategy to pursue high draft picks over veteran players.  

Next year, there is just going to be even more focus on playing the young guys: John Collins, Trae Young, Kevin Huerter, Omari Spellman, and the two draft picks they will get next year along with whoever they draft at the top of the 2nd round.  I will not be surprised to see Taurean Prince get dealt during this season.  Let's just assume that he isn't though.  Let's also assume that Atlanta gets the 1st pick of the draft and takes everyone's darling player Zion Williamson.  Let's also assume that they get the 9th pick from the Mavericks and takes Jarrett Culver with that pick.  Here is your rotation: Trae Young, Jarrett Culver, Taurean Prince, Zion Williamson, John Collins, Alex Len, Kevin Huerter, DeAndre Bembry, and Omari Spellman.

And you know this how?

1 minute ago, terrell said:

And I hope youre right about Taurean. Maybe Bud will take him..

He might could use him after losing to another tanking team..lol. Thanks for the help Bud...

• 6 months later...
On 11/24/2018 at 8:34 AM, KB21 said:

So close, yet so far away! I see you Keithdarius :Bud: 

By the way, 29 wins this season and next season when we get Cam Reddish, another forward and our center of the future and bring some vets. Heat check, playoffs baby! :Nique:

24 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

So close, yet so far away! I see you Keithdarius :Bud: 

By the way, 29 wins this season and next season when we get Cam Reddish, another forward and our center of the future and bring some vets. Heat check, playoffs baby! :Nique:

Early prediction without knowing anything about our draft or free agents, I’m going with 44 wins and the 7th seed in the playoffs!

+15 game improvement. ⛹🏾‍♂️🏀 ATL!

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Early prediction without knowing anything about our draft or free agents, I’m going with 44 wins and the 7th seed in the playoffs!

I am with you. I have them in the range of 42-46 wins. I have them just barely in or just outside of the playoffs depending how good the east is next year from 6-8. 

My Teams are: 

1. Toronto

2. Milwaukee

3. Brooklyn

4. Philly

Gap

5-6. Orlando/Boston unless they get AD. 

7-11: Hawks/Pacers (depending on Dipo)/Hornets/Pistons/Bulls

Gap

12. Heat unless they get LeBron

13. Cavs

14. Wizards

Massive Gap 

15. Knicks unless they get superstars in FA. 

Obviously, I think Kyrie will leave but I am not sure about the others. I still think Boston with Terry is still a top 6 seed. I just don't think they are close to the top 4. 

This is the too early standings. My real one won't be till the preseason. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I am with you. I have them in the range of 42-46 wins. I have them just barely in or just outside of the playoffs depending how good the east is next year from 6-8. 

My Teams are: 

1. Toronto

2. Milwaukee

3. Brooklyn

4. Philly

Gap

Gap

13. Cavs

14. Wizards

Massive Gap 

Obviously, I think Kyrie will leave but I am not sure about the others. I still think Boston with Terry is still a top 6 seed. I just don't think they are close to the top 4. 

Nice! On point. Mine would prolly be the exact same only Philly ahead of the Nets due to another year of growth for Embiid n Simmons in tough playoff experiences vs the unknown Nets chemistry 🧪 even if they land Kyrie. 

Otherwise mine is the exact same. We could also be in the 5/6 territory with the Magic and Celts. I believe in Trae and Collins over anything the Magic have going and Boston is in a mess of Kyrie leaves.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

4 hours ago, NBASupes said:

My Teams are: 

1. Toronto

2. Milwaukee

3. Brooklyn

4. Philly

Gap

Gap

13. Cavs

14. Wizards

Massive Gap 

I was biting my tongue until after the draft/FAcy and the official thread is posted, but we’re in the same page. I’ve been thinking around 45 wins and 7th. Hawks were 1 shot and a couple of seconds from 30 wins. J-Bap was out 15 games, would’ve won about 7-8 of those had he played. Toss out Ice TrATL’s and The Huert’s early Rook adjustment period and they win 5 more. Adjust for natural progression/growth and that’s a few more wins. 29 wins to 45, 12th up to 7th. Tah dah ✨ 

• Like 1