• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Keep the faith Hawks fans..............

terrell

57 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Well at least there is no hope at all the next few years.  

We’ll be back competing for a playoff spot (8th) next year with Trae, Prince (if plays like he should), Collins, 2 top 10 picks, and a star trade/FA.

• Premium Member
On 11/21/2018 at 7:08 PM, hazer said:

We’ll be back competing for a playoff spot (8th) next year with Trae, Prince (if plays like he should), Collins, 2 top 10 picks, and a star trade/FA.

Competing for a 8th spot?   Thought yall were tired of first round exits?  

2 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Competing for a 8th spot?   Thought yall were tired of first round exits?  

Next year is only 3rd year of the rebuild, which I’ve always believed would be when the Hawks reenter the playoffs. I’ve also stated i believe it would take 5 years (starting last year) before they’re highly competitive (no more 1st round exits). Have to start somewhere, not jumping from 2 top 5 lottery finishes in ‘18 and ‘19 to ECFs in ‘20.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hazer said:

Next year is only 3rd year of the rebuild, which I’ve always believed would be when the Hawks reenter the playoffs. I’ve also stated i believe it would take 5 years (starting last year) before they’re highly competitive (no more 1st round exits). Have to start somewhere, not jumping from 2 top 5 lottery finishes in ‘18 and ‘19 to ECFs in ‘20.

Playoffs spring of 2019 would be a welcomed surprise ..2020 we in no matter what!

• Like 1

We became bad in order to become good.  Doesn't make sense unless you learn to win as you go along.  Losing is contagious.  Right now, Hawks are losers.  We keep telling ourselves that we are not really this bad.  If and when this Hawk wins again, it will not be too long until they win again.

If losing is contagious, and it is, winning is too.  When we get a healthy lineup and healthy bench, we will begin the slow process of coming back.  We must. 

:batman:

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 8:12 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

If anyone is losing faith 15 games in, this rebuild is not for you. There will be a light at the end of the tunnel, just hope it not a train coming at you.

Just enjoy the season for what it is.  :console:

It is still early and things change rapidly; but Trae maturing is just a much a given as Doncic continuing to mature. Quite honestly, I am more disappointed so far in Prince ( is 16 PPG his ceiling? ) and Collins right now; than in Trae.

We are looking at pick #1 - 3 and the Mavs pick looks to be 6-9. If this continues to play out, we will be sitting pretty next season. Our rookie PG is 4th in the league in assist right now; so him for Doncic with that pick is a huge win IMO. If you want to win big, you have to roll the lottery dice.

In no uncertain terms, Point Guard check, no other positions are close to being set yet in my opinion.

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, hazer said:

So in 2020 we in the ECF?

25 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

So in 2020 we in the ECF?

Nope.  If my math is correct, from year one, 2017-18 we add 5 years and get 2022-23.  I hope this is wrong and it doesn't take five years.

If we improve each season, Hawks should make it to the playoffs but not the ECF before then.  We crawl, we walk and then we run!  Gotta grow into this..

:biggrin:

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 8:26 PM, KB21 said:

LOL!  You can't make this up.  People actually believe this team is going to compete next year for a playoff spot.  LOL!  Delusion at its best.

Actually, the below is not crazy when you look at the cap situation going forward.  Money committed next year is 66 million (ish). Players on the roster are:

Young/

Baze/Bembry

Prince/Huerter

Collin/Spellman

Len/Plumlee

Plumlee + Baze will both be expirings and totally $31 million.  So looking at the above, you can subtract Baze + Plumlee and say there is only $35 million committed to our core.  There is another $10 million committed to 2 incoming draft picks.  This leaves as much as $63 million available for talent acquisition via trade or signing.  Competing to make the playoffs isn't crazy.  Stating we'd be a 2 seed...that would be nuts.  But seeing as almost 70% of next year's roster is unknown and buildable...not crazy.  Overly optimistic...yah....crazy...no.

On 11/21/2018 at 8:08 PM, hazer said:

• Like 1

What I think most people forget when looking "forward" is that there are $31 million in unknowns going into next year.  That's 30% of the cap taken up by Baze and Plumlee.  The current roster is under spent $28 million due to Melo and Crawford.  We gain $28 million in talent we didn't have this year but still have $31 million tied up.  Playoffs or not are in Schlenk's hands when you look at how he handles those 2 contracts.

1 hour ago, thecampster said:

What I think most people forget when looking "forward" is that there are $31 million in unknowns going into next year.  That's 30% of the cap taken up by Baze and Plumlee.  The current roster is under spent $28 million due to Melo and Crawford.  We gain $28 million in talent we didn't have this year but still have $31 million tied up.  Playoffs or not are in Schlenk's hands when you look at how he handles those 2 contracts.

You're assuming that we spend the money.

Right now, our active payroll is a shade under 80 million.  If we can't land any big name free agents next summer, what makes anyone think that the Hawks are going to spend some money on some vets?   If anything, they'll buy low, and just tank again.

It's a dangerous game to play.  The last time we did this, we gave two 1st round picks + frontloaded a restricted max deal, to get Joe Johnson.

Some of ya'll may want the Hawks to make a play for Klay Thompson, but he's not coming here.  The guy who might come here ( if we max him out ) is Draymond Green.  But even that's a dangerous proposition, considering that he's not a high ppg guy, and he's a very combustible personality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Yeahhh ... yeahhhp ...I've seen enough.  Trade Deadman, trade Baze.

Just get a bunch-a hustle guys in here.  Show them tape o' Montrezl Harrell.  Tell 'em either play with his level of effort and desire or don't bother showing up.

You want to trade 2 of the 3 guys who hustle to prove a point?

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

You want to trade 2 of the 3 guys who hustle to prove a point?

Bazemore hustles but he's having no impact.  Overall this is just frustrating plus it's inexcusable that he leads the league in T's.

Deadman doesn't hustle and is teetering on the edge of being the type of big that's being fazed out of the league.  Wears lead shoes.

• Like 1

Just now, kg01 said:

Bazemore hustles but he's having no impact.  Overall this is just frustrating plus it's inexcusable that he leads the league in T's.

Deadman doesn't hustle and is teetering on the edge of being the type of big that's being fazed out of the league.  Wears lead shoes.

Bazemore's movement doesn't have impact but his hustle clearly has impact. 

Lol Deadman, he hustles, he just can't move as quickly as he needs to considering we have Young at the point