• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Official 2019 Draft thread

Sothron

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So I was right.  Schlenk planned on giving away 2nd rounders!

You read the part where they were traded for future 2nd rounders plus cash, right? If those are giveaways, where do I sign up for such? 🤲🏽

• Premium Member
36 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Mmmmmmm....

who are these people?

So what do the Hornets give up?  This doesn't make any sense

4 minutes ago, hazer said:

You read the part where they were traded for future 2nd rounders plus cash, right? If those are giveaways, where do I sign up for such? 🤲🏽

Give a way for cash

4 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Give a way for cash

If it was only for cash, you’d be correct. Well almost: sold instead of given away. You’re leaving out the part where our 2nds were traded for their 2nds as well. Schlank said he didn’t want to end up just selling those 2nds straight up. He kept his word 💯 

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, hazer said:

If it was only for cash, you’d be correct. Well almost: sold instead of given away. You’re leaving out the part where our 2nds were traded for their 2nds as well. Schlank said he didn’t want to end up just selling those 2nds straight up. He kept his word 💯 

The argument was about not having 6 rookie on the team and my solution was to sell the second round picks rather than trading the 1st round picks just to limit the number of rookie on the team.  Turns out this is exactly what he did.  If he would just listen to me regarding what to do with the remaining picks, he'll get high marks from me once again! 😎

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So what do the Hornets give up?  This doesn't make any sense

Give a way for cash

#12, but they'll have to move salary to take love.

It's all rumors and speculation, and I find it fun to speculate......don't be serious Peo.

Wait until after the draft to complain :hehe:

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

#12, but they'll have to move salary to take love.

It's all rumors and speculation, and I find it fun to speculate......don't be serious Peo.

Wait until after the draft to complain :hehe:

So we would get #12 and #5. for 8 and 10?  I could live with that.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So we would get #12 and #5. for 8 and 10?  I could live with that.

No.

Here's my stab at it.

Cavs get #10 and #12, trade #5 and Love

Hornets get Love, trade #12 and Biyombo ($17 mil expiring)

Hawks get #5 and Biyombo, trade #10

I don't know if the cap numbers work though, Hawks may need to send out money, maybe Plumlee to Cavs.

Reasons:

Cavs get the 2 picks they are looking for #5 and dump Love.

Hornets are trying to keep Kemba and give him vets to compete.

Hawks want to move to #5.

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is Serious stuff!!!

No it's basketball stuff. 😁

• Like 3

The math would be extremely difficult. Love is making 28+

Bismack 17

Atlanta has 35.2- 13 with 11 to 14 guys for 22 million and 24 with Adams gone. The issue is simple. Batum too much and a combo of Zeller and MKG is too. That's 27.4

Unless Cleveland can eat Plumlee deal. This one will be tough. If Cleveland can eat Plumlee deal, then that's 12.5 to 22 million meaning it us 34.5 million. Atlanta could take MKG and Biyombo with no issues as that's 30 million with no issues and still have 4.5-6.5 million in space but this also means we added 2 players, up to 11. Add 5/8/17/35. We are at 15 players.

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No.

Here's my stab at it.

Cavs get #10 and #12, trade #5 and Love

Hornets get Love, trade #12 and Biyombo ($17 mil expiring)

Hawks get #5 and Biyombo, trade #10

I don't know if the cap numbers work though, Hawks may need to send out money, maybe Plumlee to Cavs.

Reasons:

Cavs get the 2 picks they are looking for #5 and dump Love.

Hornets are trying to keep Kemba and give him vets to compete.

Hawks want to move to #5.

So we keep 8 and end up with 5 and Biyombo  Even Better!

7 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

The math would be extremely difficult. Love is making 28+

Bismack 17

Atlanta has 35.2- 13 with 11 to 14 guys for 22 million and 24 with Adams gone. The issue is simple. Batum too much and a combo of Zeller and MKG is too. That's 27.4

Unless Cleveland can eat Plumlee deal. This one will be tough. If Cleveland can eat Plumlee deal, then that's 12.5 to 22 million meaning it us 34.5 million. Atlanta could take MKG and Biyombo with no issues as that's 30 million with no issues and still have 4.5-6.5 million in space but this also means we added 2 players, up to 11. Add 5/8/17/35. We are at 15 players.

By eating Plumlee and trading Love, CLE saves close to 16 million in year 1 and 104 million off the duration of Kevin's contract. Add 10+12 at rookie salaries, they saved about 8-9 million on this trade instantly.

Charlotte saves 2 million dollars and gains Kevin Love but adds 104 million to their future salary chart. 

Atlanta adds wing depth and Biyombo is likely not in the rotation. Atlanta adds 17.5 million in salary cap but move up from 10 to 5 to select one of three players: Culver, Cam and Hunter. 

I'll give this one a 5% chance of happening 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

By eating Plumlee and trading Love, CLE saves close to 16 million in year 1 and 104 million off the duration of Kevin's contract. Add 10+12 at rookie salaries, they saved about 8-9 million on this trade instantly.

Charlotte saves 2 million dollars and gains Kevin Love but adds 104 million to their future salary chart. 

Atlanta adds wing depth and Biyombo is likely not in the rotation. Atlanta adds 17.5 million in salary cap but move up from 10 to 5 to select one of three players: Culver, Cam and Hunter. 

This is more like it!

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I was going to say a 1.1646% chance but who's counting?

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The argument was about not having 6 rookie on the team and my solution was to sell the second round picks rather than trading the 1st round picks just to limit the number of rookie on the team.  Turns out this is exactly what he did.  If he would just listen to me regarding what to do with the remaining picks, he'll get high marks from me once again! 😎

Schlenk is eagerly awaiting all of the Squawk's draft grades, no doubt,

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, DBac said:

https://twitter.com/hammernation19/status/1141724823321812993?s=21

Vardon is pretty reliable with Cavs news. So it looks like the top 5 will be

Zion, Morant, RJ, Garland, Hunter. And Woj says Coby White stock is rising. So one of the big 3 wings will be there for us. No need to trade up. 

That was never for debate. PHX is locked into White. The reason I heard from my west coast guy is he is not a PnR passer or even the create something out of nothing passer but he is an elite post entry passer and that means a lot to PHX. Heard they were scared if CHI moved up to get him at #5 but CLE wants Hunter so I don't know if they will even take the chance but the coaching staff was sold on Hunter and hope NO don't get him 

• Admin

I'm very good with 5 and 8 and maybe we can actually turn Biyombo into a rotational player.  Len was out of the rotation in PHX too.  BB is another of those generic poco stick centers who play some D , protect the rim, do a little rebounding and do putbacks.  I am fine with that ... instead of wasting a draft pick on Hayes we just make this trade and get another version of Hayes as well as get Culver or Hunter to boot (without giving up Cam).

• Like 1

• Admin
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

That was never for debate. PHX is locked into White. The reason I heard from my west coast guy is he is not a PnR passer or even the create something out of nothing passer but he is an elite post entry passer and that means a lot to PHX. Heard they were scared if CHI moved up to get him at #5 but CLE wants Hunter so I don't know if they will even take the chance but the coaching staff was sold on Hunter and hope NO don't get him 

White is a hybrid point guard who can run an offense and is a willing passer but is more of a scorer.  He would fit great next to Booker who also does running the offense part time too.  I like the backcourt of Booker / White a lot.  Only problem is D but that is PHX's whole lineup.  No D and a lot of youth and offense.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

So we keep 8 and end up with 5 and Biyombo  Even Better!

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

This is more like it!

7 minutes ago, Dejay said:

I was going to say a 1.1646% chance but who's counting?

:good:

• Haha 1