• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This is why I hate BSPN!

marco102

2 hours ago, HawkItus said:

Folks it is all opinion.  GM's can't even agree on talent.   We'll see next year how some of this shakes out.  All I know is the national media has been right my entire lifetime about the Hawks not being title contenders.   And they will be right until they are proven wrong.

It's not abut his opinion.  It's about his reasoning BEHIND his opinion.  He said we are basically the Phoenix Suns, who have been a disaster for 8 years, who the Hawks already have a better record than last year,  but because Dallas and New Orleans have the new hype machines they will be contenders.  

You can't really argue about Denver, Sac, Boston (they are iffy).  If you poll 30 GMs, I can guarantee you the Hawks would be in the top 5 young cores.  EVERYONE was asking for Kevin Huerter in the draft Trades and he's the third guy. 

4 minutes ago, marco102 said:

It's not abut his opinion.  It's about his reasoning BEHIND his opinion.  He said we are basically the Phoenix Suns, who have been a disaster for 8 years, who the Hawks already have a better record than last year,  but because Dallas and New Orleans have the new hype machines they will be contenders.  

You can't really argue about Denver, Sac, Boston (they are iffy).  If you poll 30 GMs, I can guarantee you the Hawks would be in the top 5 young cores.  EVERYONE was asking for Kevin Huerter in the draft Trades and he's the third guy. 

First none of the Suns roster is responsible for 8 years of that franchises history.  His reasoning was that the Suns look good on paper, but don't deliver.  He reasons the Hawks could be the same.  Its opinion.  But, giving the information we have the rosters are very comparable.  In 8 years if we are still floundering this won't even matter.   If we win a title in 8 years it still won't matter.

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, HawkItus said:

First none of the Suns roster is responsible for 8 years of that franchises history.  His reasoning was that the Suns look good on paper, but don't deliver.  He reasons the Hawks could be the same.  Its opinion.  But, giving the information we have the rosters are very comparable.  In 8 years if we are still floundering this won't even matter.   If we win a title in 8 years it still won't matter.

I'll argue a bit about the Suns roster not being responsible for the last 8 years.   Their top player has been there 4 years now so he has to start owning some of this (and I'm a fan of his from his UK days). 

Moreover, Phoenix has been rebuilding for most of the last decade characterized by wasting a bunch of lottery picks (Chris, Jackson, Bender, Len), not having a defensive big and not having a quarterback to run their offense.  We started rebuilding last year and haven't missed on any picks since we started rebuilding.  Whereas we have our QB, the Suns still don't have a point to run that team unless Culver is going to take things to a new level.

I don't get the comparison at all.  If it is just saying he doesn't think the Hawks will show improvement on the floor, that says (a) that he didn't watch us closely last year because we got increasingly competitive as the year went along and (b) there was no need to compare us to Phoenix to make that point since so many circumstances are different.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think you're wrong (as usual  😜).  There may not be "Sportscenter-esque" programs on but there are a plethora of websites and other programs from which sports coverage can be gleaned.

Gone are the days where folks get home and plop on Sportscenter to just let it run.  I haven't watched BSPN in over 10 years outside of games I can't get anywhere else and that's becoming rare (thankfully).

Perhaps not you, but many who claim to hate ESPN still watch it.

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think you're wrong (as usual  😜).  There may not be "Sportscenter-esque" programs on but there are a plethora of websites and other programs from which sports coverage can be gleaned.

Gone are the days where folks get home and plop on Sportscenter to just let it run.  I haven't watched BSPN in over 10 years outside of games I can't get anywhere else and that's becoming rare (thankfully).

Perhaps not you, but many who claim to hate ESPN still watch it.

Turner is a locker room guy too, my bad on that one, I was just remember him with Philly

Inside the Blazers’ locker room, Turner is held with almost as much regard as team captain Damian Lillard.

“We all love him,” Zach Collins said.

They love him because throughout his time in Portland, but in particular this season, Turner has revealed himself in personal and touching ways, in the process becoming the catalyst for the team’s renowned chemistry.

In September, he invited rookies Anfernee Simons and Gary Trent Jr. to his home to be fitted for custom suits, Turner’s treat. He did it not only so the teenagers would look presentable on the bench, but also to educate them on how to go about looking professional.

https://theathletic.com/906597/2019/04/05/we-all-love-him-in-evan-turners-most-trying-season-the-blazers-have-his-back/

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Turner is a locker room guy too, my bad on that one, I was just remember him with Philly

Inside the Blazers’ locker room, Turner is held with almost as much regard as team captain Damian Lillard.

“We all love him,” Zach Collins said.

They love him because throughout his time in Portland, but in particular this season, Turner has revealed himself in personal and touching ways, in the process becoming the catalyst for the team’s renowned chemistry.

In September, he invited rookies Anfernee Simons and Gary Trent Jr. to his home to be fitted for custom suits, Turner’s treat. He did it not only so the teenagers would look presentable on the bench, but also to educate them on how to go about looking professional.

https://theathletic.com/906597/2019/04/05/we-all-love-him-in-evan-turners-most-trying-season-the-blazers-have-his-back/

His attitude is his best attribute.  Seems like a push there with Baze who was as hard a worker and as positive a guy as I think you could hope for but maybe he will bring more professionalism than Baze did and a different aspect of mentoring.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, HawkItus said:

The rosters are not comparible at all.

The Suns have been drafting in the lottery since 2011.  Len, Bender, Chriss, Jackson - top 10 picks since 2013.

• Thanks 2