This is why I hate BSPN!

marco102

shnmykxhc6631.jpg

Last 40 games of the season (half the f***ing season) stats:

Trae: 23/5/9 on 44/35/86, 58 TS%, team had a 17-23 record. 2.5 AST/TO ratio

Luka: 23/9/7 on 42/31/68, 54 TS%, team had a 13-27 record. 1.9 AST/TO ratio.

Lowe is f***ing stupid. Nuff said. Trae was better for the last 40 games, and on the season, Luka wasn’t significantly better than shit. He was better at rebounding and defense, while scoring slightly more in raw ppg. Trae was better at playmaking (by a wide margin), in between game(floaters), and free throw shooting.

Assist numbers don’t tell the whole story when it comes to their play making gap. I watched both guys’ entire seasons. While Luka makes nice passes and runs the offense decently, Trae led the league in points assisted at the rim and on corner shots, the most efficient shots in the entire game of basketball. Trae would make “homerun” type passes and plays, where he basically created the entire thing and handed it on a silver platter for the one he’s assisting to. Luka was not like that. His assists, for the most part, did not CREATE two points. Traes did. I find that more valuable than whatever gap they had on rebounding, and almost as valuable as the gap in defense.

And Trae played 39 of the last 40 games. Luka only played 31 of the last 40.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

shnmykxhc6631.jpg

Lowe is f***ing stupid. Nuff said. Trae was better for the last 40 games, and on the season, Luka wasn’t significantly better than shit. He was better at rebounding and defense, while scoring slightly more in raw ppg. Trae was better at playmaking (by a wide margin), in between game(floaters), and free throw shooting.

Assist numbers don’t tell the whole story when it comes to their play making gap. I watched both guys’ entire seasons. While Luka makes nice passes and runs the offense decently, Trae led the league in points assisted at the rim and on corner shots, the most efficient shots in the entire game of basketball. Trae would make “homerun” type passes and plays, where he basically created the entire thing and handed it on a silver platter for the one he’s assisting to. Luka was not like that. His assists, for the most part, did not CREATE two points. Traes did. I find that more valuable than whatever gap they had on rebounding, and almost as valuable as the gap in defense.

I have quit trying to reason with people on Luka and Trae's seasons. Both had amazing rookie years. Neither trumped the other. Totally different players and situations. Most of the media had already ripped and dissed Trae before he ever played a game...and by December wrapped up their conclusions on the matter. Trae delivered across the season...even that wretched stretch in November (where JC was still out). Trae makes the team better...just look at the record. Hawks were 50% better than predicted (all the while we had JC miss 21 games and TP miss 27 games). Trae was a large part of that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, enrique said:

I have quit trying to reason with people on Luka and Trae's seasons. Both had amazing rookie years. Neither trumped the other. Totally different players and situations. Most of the media had already ripped and dissed Trae before he ever played a game...and by December wrapped up their conclusions on the matter. Trae delivered across the season...even that wretched stretch in November (where JC was still out). Trae makes the team better...just look at the record. Hawks were 50% better than predicted (all the while we had JC miss 21 games and TP miss 27 games). Trae was a large part of that.

It's their narrative and they're sticking with it. But they'll make the world believe that they were all for Trae when he puts up MVP numbers soon enough...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NBASupes said:

shnmykxhc6631.jpg

I've listened to Zach Lowe long enough to know he doesn't watch Hawks games. Unfortunately he's pretty much the pace setter for NBA national media coverage so yeah....Luka is going to be ROTY but it doesn't mean shit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Note to the Luka police on this site....This is why Hawks fans don't fully embrace the league's anointed Golden boy!

Not sure if this is directed at me but I say have at any media commentator blowing smoke.  Call him out and slap him down.

Going the next step of crapping on Luka himself because you see people in the media being stupid just brings you down to their level.

Squawkers are better than that and can call a spade a spade.  We know we won't get adulation from the ESPN/Boston crowd or really any of the national media until we play so well we give them no choice.  It is nothing new for us.

• Like 1

I find it really hard to care much about these, they're definitely bad takes but if things can continue as they have been, they'll be writing crow pieces.

It's kind of sad but for some nationally, Trae Young still might have the "chucker" label when while he's flawed, it's clearly untrue. And...it was clear the young players worked really well together and it was nothing like Phoenix. They brought in great fits for that to continue.

• Like 2

• Premium Member

Most of these voters have their mind made up by early Dec. on who ROY is going to be. They had a First Take segment late in the season where one of the experts who also is a voter talked about it. He thought Trae over the season had earned a Co ROY but he said most of the voters decide their vote by early Dec.

I expect ppl to get angry when Trae doesn't win this but it isn't like Doncic doesn't deserve it either.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Most of the people that claim they hate ESPN watch ESPN. There isn't much else to watch in terms of sports coverage, and the other sports networks are mostly unwatchable.

if i watch anything, I go to the league's networks (MLB, NBA, NFL) to catch what is going on.  ESPN's formats just annoy the heck out of me these days. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Most of the people that claim they hate ESPN watch ESPN. There isn't much else to watch in terms of sports coverage, and the other sports networks are mostly unwatchable.

I think you're wrong (as usual  😜).  There may not be "Sportscenter-esque" programs on but there are a plethora of websites and other programs from which sports coverage can be gleaned.

Gone are the days where folks get home and plop on Sportscenter to just let it run.  I haven't watched BSPN in over 10 years outside of games I can't get anywhere else and that's becoming rare (thankfully).

• Like 4

• Moderators
12 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Celtics #2????

giphy.gif

They aren't bad at all.  Jason Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Rome Langford, Marcus Smart, Terry Dozier, Grant Williams, Carson Edwards & Robert Williams are all 25 and under

Folks it is all opinion.  GM's can't even agree on talent.   We'll see next year how some of this shakes out.  All I know is the national media has been right my entire lifetime about the Hawks not being title contenders.   And they will be right until they are proven wrong.