• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Boys are Back in Town! MEDIA DAY - Monday Sept. 30th/Countdown/Player Previews etc.

JayBirdHawk

15 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Why would you make me do this...see @Thomas now nobody’s happy. 

Believe me I would never force anyone to do that guy. If there is one song I don't need to hear again it would be this one...uh...wait a minute..."Angie" by the Stones in the seventies had me thinking about vowing off radio all together I remember. Same coat of feathers there so make it two songs.

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is Turner as bad as I envision and remember him? From the Sixers to the Celts to the Blazers, I just didn’t see any growth. Every time I watch him play I feel as though he’s not great at any one thing but steady at a few. He’s turning out a Marvin Williams style career. It’s not his fault he was drafted 2nd either like Marv, and now he’s working on his craft I’ll give him that. The guy doesn’t look like he isn’t in the gym, my only question is that is he all there in the gym both mentally and physically. Can’t go through the motions, you gotta mean it! 😊 

He’s a Hawk now though and I’m on his side. Really curious to see guys like him, Parker and D Jones. It’ll be interesting to say the least.

Edited by Spud2nique
  • Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

Is Turner as bad as I envision and remember him? From the Sixers to the Celts to the Blazers, I just didn’t see any growth. Every time I watch him play I feel as though he’s not great at any one thing but steady at a few. He’s turning out a Marvin Williams style career. It’s not his fault he was drafted 2nd either like Marv, and now he’s working on his craft I’ll give him that. The guy doesn’t look like he isn’t in the gym, my only question is that is he all there in the gym both mentally and physically. Can’t go through the motions, you gotta mean it! 😊 

He’s a Hawk now though and I’m on his side. Really curious to see guys like him, Parker and D Jones. It’ll be interesting to say the least.

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

I like Evan Turner more than AHF does. I like his defense, locker room personality, his positional versatility and his character. That said, his minutes should be of the limited variety 

I have just never been a fan of his game, but he's a Hawk, so I'm gonna root for him to have a positive impact with the Hawks!

That's all I got!

• Like 4

• Moderators
18 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I like Evan Turner more than AHF does. I like his defense, locker room personality, his positional versatility and his character. That said, his minutes should be of the limited variety 

His shooting hurts the team pretty badly and limits how he can be deployed which has always made him someone I absolutely do not want on my team.  Supes is right that he is a capable and versatile defender who seems to be a quality person and good locker room presence.  He has been massively overpaid his entire career so all the teams that have given him deals have basically been just setting their money on fire but if you think of him as a minimum salary vet then he can still contribute some in a limited role with limited minutes.  So I think Supes and I are not that far apart.

Like Jay, I will be rooting for him to succeed and am really hoping he doesn't hurt our young player's development by taking on a big role where what they do has to be specially limited to put him in the small box where he can be successful on the floor.  If he can come in, move the ball, rebound and defend and we can schedule rotations to fit that in ala what we already will have to do with Bembry's shooting then it could be fine.

• Like 3

Oooo this is gonna be fun.  It would be even more fun if they included weight and Omari was still around.

Not sure if the NBA is going to have some audit team going around verifying the team info but it'll be interesting to see all the 6'7"ers deflate from 6'10" and the 6'10"ers inflate to 7', plus the 3 years added to all the Eastern Europeans (picked a good time to retire, Zaur).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2