• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Boys are Back in Town! MEDIA DAY - Monday Sept. 30th/Countdown/Player Previews etc.

JayBirdHawk

On 9/12/2019 at 8:40 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

This makes me even more excited about Reddish. Not saying that all his woes at Duke were due to injury, but I'd def play through them to get drafted in the NBA, if I were him.  He made no excuses which I like too.  

He may be a steal if he comes back and plays to his potential.  He could be our Curry situation where people come back and ask how did he drop to 10. I'm hoping this and I know @NBASupes has claimed this already.  

Ready to get this season started.  My only expectations is to see progress. I'm probably one of the few fans who doesn't care if we make the playoffs.  Get in the lottery draft James Wiseman and one of Lonzo Ball or Tre Mann to be our back up point guard, no free agents needed cause we've drafted our super squad.

Edited by marco102
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Look who's in the A.....the missing Mr Crabbe!

So glad to see this. Another gun from the Tom Horn accuracy mold. Contract aside he can be quite helpful until the trade deadline and possibly after. Anything or anybody that buys Trae some room is good with me. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Look who's in the A.....the missing Mr Crabbe!

I guess because of the DUI arrest they didn't have a welcome presser??

My boy Crabbe. Yessss. Now he can prove to you all that he should be in our rotation and will hit many threes as I’ve adamantly proclaimed in the past many time mind you.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

During last season, Jones produced an impressive 71.6 percent field goal percentage and there is every reason to believe he can be an efficient play finisher. There is a raw quality to Jones’ game, partly due to his lack of deployment, and he profiles as a fairly traditional center that will operate in a low-usage offensive role while potentially providing defensive value in Atlanta.

Offensively, Jones’ claim to fame at this juncture would be efficiency but he has flashed some intriguing skill as a passer. That has manifested in the form of a sky-high turnover rate but, if Jones can get that under control, he sees the floor reasonably well and could act as a secondary facilitator if the offense allows.

Jones does have solid defensive metrics and, given what he projects to be, his best path to NBA relevance seemingly comes as an impactful defender that also checks a few boxes offensively. In the past, Jones has been carried away when seeking blocks, generating a foul rate that is jarring. 

In terms of role on the 2019-20 Hawks, Jones appears to be in direct competition with 2019 second round pick Bruno Fernando for minutes as the team’s primary backup center. Alex Len projects as Atlanta’s starter at the center position and, with John Collins able and likely to play center at times, there are only so many minutes to go around. While Fernando could reasonably struggle as a second-round rookie, the Hawks will undoubtedly want to see how the former Maryland star translates to the NBA floor, leaving Jones potentially twisting in the wind.

At the moment, Jones could be the superior option to Fernando but, in reality, there is a school of though that would lead one to believe Jones must be significantlybetter than Fernando to ward off the challenge of a player that is in the team’s long-term plans. Earlier in the year, though, Jones could have a leg up, particularly if he picks up Lloyd Pierce’s defensive schemes at a faster clip than Fernando.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2