• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shouldn't have picked Cam

txsting

• Moderators
On 11/13/2019 at 10:15 AM, AHF said:

Clarke is 23 years old so we all expected he would come out pretty strong.  He has been better than I expected but is shooting well over his head right now.  He isn't going to sustain 42% from 3pt range, 92% from the line and 64% from 2pt range.  I also am a bit skeptical on his rebound rate.  But he has definitely looked good so far.

Cam is 20 and raw, which we all knew.  

I wouldn't change the pick, however, because I am optimistic that Reddish has a very high ceiling and his defense gives him a reasonable floor.  I'm not sure Clarke will be a long-term starter but in this small sample size he looks like he should be a contributing part of the rotation for a long time.  I'm just not sold on his ceiling being close to Reddish's.  We didn't need to draft a guy who could maximize performance this season - we needed to draft someone to be a long-term core player.  I still like Reddish's potential for that better.

FWIW - Clarke also crashed back to earth shooting 51.7% from 2pt, 26% from 3pt range and 69% from the line.  

Got to give young players time to develop and have to take any small sample of games with a big grain of salt before reaching conclusions.  

Was glad to take a chance on Reddish's slow development and I am still hoping this year will prove to be his breakout.  (Note that I am not reaching that conclusion after 6 games).

• Like 4