• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Shouldn't have picked Cam

txsting

8 minutes ago, High5 said:

Yeah, that was quite a stretch. Glad you see that now. And Moss was a really good basketball player in high school so there's a chance he would have been a better NBA rookie as well.

Cut it out. You know what i meant by that statement. Moss sadly was a 6'5 center in the mold of Tyrus Thomas. That was never going to be good for college hoops much less the NBA. 

Cam still can do what I though he could. He will need a lot of offensive improvement though 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Cut it out. You know what i meant by that statement. Moss sadly was a 6'5 center in the mold of Tyrus Thomas. That was never going to be good for college hoops much less the NBA. 

Cam still can do what I though he could. He will need a lot of offensive improvement though 

Right, Cam can be great with a ton of improvement. It was just absurd to think it was going to happen right away, especially near the level of the legendary rookie season Moss had. 

12 minutes ago, AUhawksfan said:

A lot of premature speculation going on with this thread?  You see a Dr. about that?

Didn't we used to have a smug doctor around these parts?  Maybe he can take a look.

Or maybe not. Hopefully not that is.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

I didn't like Cam pre-lottery drawing, I was mostly disinterested when we got the #10.  My questions were about his passion for the game and his shot.  I've since given him a wait and see attitude given the injury, but I can't shake the Marvin Williams syndrome.  At times, he looks really passive out there, but less capable of knocking down the long ball.  Let me throw the old disclaimer out there though - I am not, nor will I ever be a player hater.  Coaches and management will draw my ire quickly, but I have a very long leash when it comes to players.

I'll have a good read on him next season.  He needs to put in work on his body, he needs to work on his shot, and I honestly feel like he needs to get a little more greedy.  We'll see if he has the passion for the game, but we need to be vigilant with this one.

I don't want to be hanging onto a guy like Cam, like we typically do, and watch his stock slip into 'throw in' category.  I'd rather be proactive and not do the WLOC dance again....

• Like 4

On 11/14/2019 at 10:57 AM, NBASupes said:

When I said he was the next Randy Moss, I didn't anticipate he would have the hands of Darrius Heyward-Bey

Even though DHB had hands of stone, he did somehow manage a 10 year career in NFL. When the Raiders took him at #7 in 2009 everyone knew it was a reach. 

On 11/13/2019 at 9:51 AM, txsting said:

We should have picked Brandon Clarke instead.  Discuss.

Nah.. We needed long wing defenders more than another alligator armed PF/C hybrid..I had us taking Clarke or NAW at 17 though..😀

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

You know what's actually more important than arm length? Being good at playing basketball 😁

Hawks already had Collins and Parker at PF tho..And its year 1. Clarke is already 23. Lets see what Cam is in 3 years before we start with this "who we shouldve drafted" stuff..

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, gurpilo said:

Is too early to call someone a bust, even at the end of the season is too early.

even at 2nd year is too early.

look at Isaac, would you call him a bust? Look at his first two seasons...

Heck, just look at Oubre who we faced last game. Took him like 4 years to look like an NBA player..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, terrell said:

Hawks already had Collins and Parker at PF tho..And its year 1. Clarke is already 23. Lets see what Cam is in 3 years before we start with this "who we shouldve drafted" stuff..

Older than John Collins too and only 1 year younger than Parker who seems like a 10 year vet, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

I didn't think he looked awful offensively yesterday. His execution is getting better and better. But his finishing and shooting is man... Those issues will take some time. 

I'm rooting for him and I'm patient, but....c'mon man.....saying he didn't look awful offensively going 0'fer until late....🤔.

• Haha 2