• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Captain Obvious here, I know, but here are some STARK numbers...

REHawksFan

...for Trae.  

In the 4 wins:  55.5% FG% / 55.8% 3PT / 8.25 FTA / 37.0 PPG / 10.5 APG / Played all 4 games with either JC or Kev (Kev went out early in the 4th W)

In 8 losses (excludes both Miami games): 37.7% FG / 22.6% 3PT / 8.75 FTA / 24.5 PPG / 8.5 APG / Played only 1 game with both JC and Kev

Trae desperately needs some help on the wings, imo. Seeing Cam and Hunter score efficiently last night was a huge positive in that direction. Let's see how consistent they can become. If they are able to do that, it will loosen things up for Trae a little bit more and then hopefully he'll back to being more efficient as well. He's not going to sustain shooting 55% from 3pt but there's no reason he shouldn't be able to sustain somewhere in the 40's imo.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

That is too much to ask for this year but just seeing this more frequently will be great progress.  That was a rock solid game from the rooks.

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said "anywhere close".  Won't happen every night but it can certainly happen more frequently.

• Like 4

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said "anywhere close".  Won't happen every night but it can certainly happen more frequently.

I just think it will be pretty regular that we have some absolute stinkers from our rooks.  Cam in particular looks like he will have plenty of "nowhere close" games and I don't see that changing in the short-term.  Just too raw right now.  But I'm still high on the long-term potential.

20 minutes ago, AHF said:

I just think it will be pretty regular that we have some absolute stinkers from our rooks.  Cam in particular looks like he will have plenty of "nowhere close" games and I don't see that changing in the short-term.  Just too raw right now.  But I'm still high on the long-term potential.

I expect Hunter to get double figures scoring every night now. My expectations for Cam are a little lower and that is in some part due to Huerter coming back. I do like that Cam played smarter last night. Cam only took three treys instead of 6 - 8. and Hunter got to the line in a smart manner as well.

We need them both playing smart to have a chance in just about every game. That is a lot to ask of rookies and we will see if they build on this as the season goes along.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, AHF said:

It feels like you're going out of your way to disagree with me even though you actually agree with me.  I get it though.  Prepping for 12/14?

Seriously though, you're right especially about Reddish.  Honestly though, I'm sorta more disappointed in Hunter so far considering I expected him to be the faster consistent contributor.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It feels like you're going out of your way to disagree with me even though you actually agree with me.  I get it though.  Prepping for 12/14?

Seriously though, you're right especially about Reddish.  Honestly though, I'm sorta more disappointed in Hunter so far considering I expected him to be the faster consistent contributor.

I liked Hunter's (and Cam's) aggressiveness last night. Getting the rebound and initiating the offense was a welcome sight. Usually, it's get the rebound pass it to Trae.

• Like 4