• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The 2nd coming of the sixth man hoodwinked bamboozled

JTB

First we get used by Jamal Crawford who we helped find his niche in the nba as best used as a sixth man and now years later another player is doing it right under our noses!

it sucks as Parker is a sure 6th man of the year candidate if he can stay or remain  healthy which is great considering that he’s only 24 years old but after reading this interview 🤦🏾‍♂️ ...

I’m sorry y’all but it’s probably a better  idea to trade Parker once collins returns instead of holding out hope to sign him long term shall he prove to remain healthy and put up these numbers.

And I know I’m not the only one who believes Parker is worth keeping if we could but I believe his words of “ I just want to be a winner” ...it tells a lot!!! I believe that to down to the soul! Parker ain’t for this rebuild shit! Parker wants to win and win now (on a side note the bucks brag disgusted me...he was damn near kissing their ass) and even though he’d probably be a great contributor going forward once this team actually is good and playoff worthy ....he’s not worth this franchise trusting that he will return!

just like Jamal Crawford used us to get to the better contending clippers...if Parker stays healthy while putting up these numbers he’s definitely opting out of his current contract and going to a contender summer of 2020.

schlenk need to just go ahead and get him on trade block in start weighing the offers so we don’t lose him for absolutely nothing.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/256293/Jabari-Parker-Wishes-He-Could-Have-Stayed-With-Bucks

Edited by JTB
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

I'm not sure why you think Crawford used us....we declined offering him a contract because we were close to the luxury tax back then.  He signed that offseason with the Blazers, the next year he joined the Clippers.

I've learned over the years to 'not believe players words' so easily. I don't think I've ever heard a player say 'I just want to be a loser'....sonhim saying I just want to be a winner doesn't mean much to me.  Yes, he wants to win but he also wants to get paid and get playing time. Here's the trick, which true contender has the money he will WANT AND the playing time. He's not starting for a contender. 

AD playing vs the Bulls a few weeks ago ' I'll consider playing back home in Chicago'.....right.

I do agree that it's prudent to check his trade value AFTER Collins returns especially if the Hawks have no desire to bring him back.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Finished it for ya!

Eggsactly.

I understand folks were encouraged by that game but I was horrified. 

I'm left wondering where all this was since Collins got "hurt" (by the suspension).  Because we've needed it mightily.  Plus, as he was putting up his numbers, his defense was just as awful leaving teammates out to dry as he constantly missed rotations.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I'm not sure why you think Crawford used us....we declined offering him a contract because we were close to the luxury tax back then.  He signed that offseason with the Blazers, the next year he joined the Clippers.

I've learned over the years to 'not believe players words' so easily. I don't think I've ever heard a player say 'I just want to be a loser'....sonhim saying I just want to be a winner doesn't mean much to me.  Yes, he wants to win but he also wants to get paid and get playing time. Here's the trick, which true contender has the money he will WANT AND the playing time. He's not starting for a contender. 

AD playing vs the Bulls a few weeks ago ' I'll consider playing back home in Chicago'.....right.

I do agree that it's prudent to check his trade value AFTER Collins returns especially if the Hawks have no desire to bring him back.

Once again, your insight is right on point.  There's absolutely ZERO CHANCE that he goes back to Milwaukee, unless they dismantle the team all of a sudden.  The team they have this season is basically coming back next season, at a price tag of over $130 million.  So unless Parker wants to take a significant pay cut to play with the Bucks for the MLE, he's not going there.  A player that young isn't taking ( or shouldn't take ) significant discounts just to experience "winning".  And if he does, he's doing a great disservice to him and his family.

With the salary cap being $109 million this year, and the MLE being $5.7 million for those teams who are over the cap, but below the Luxury Tax apron, who else could he go to that are playoff contenders?  Let's bump the salary cap to $113 million and the MLE to $6.5 million for 2020 - 21, which is what Jabari makes now.

• Boston:  Nope.  Jaylen Brown's new contract killed that.  They're on the hook for a payroll of over $140 million next season
  • Denver:  Possible.   It depends on who you'd rather want. An offensive minded and younger Jabari Parker? Or an older, defensive minded Paul Millsap, re-signed at a much lower number. He'd also need Jeremi Grant to opt out, so that he can at least get an 8 - 10 mill max offer from Denver.
  • Golden St: Nope. Of course they're down now with the Splash Brothers out. But they're on the hook for a $145 million payroll next year when they come back.
  • Houston:  Nope.  $145 million payroll for that squad next year too.

• LA Clippers:  Maybe. But are they're going to bypass re-signing Montrezl Harrell and Mo Harkless, to sign Jabari?
  • LA Lakers:  Sure.  Anthony Davis will opt out. KCP and Avery Bradley probably will too. Bypass those 3, and he can play alongside LBJ.
  • Philadelphia:  Haha. Quick . . who will be the highest paid player on the Sixers in 2020?  Answer at the end of this post. Payroll almost at $150 million in 2020.
  • Portland:  YES!  Whiteside's ridiculous deal ends.  They need a 3rd scorer or at least some punch at the forward spot. And they're only on the hook for 91 million next year.  Oregon, here we come!

• Toronto:  Most Definitely!  Only 9 players signed next season right now at 90+ million. Gasol ( 25 mill ) and Ibaka ( 23 mill ) this year, are off the books. So there's plenty of money for Jabari in Canada . . if they don't value those two players.
  • Utah:  OK.  He'd just need to talk Mike Conley into opting out and foregoing that 34 million that he'll make next season.

The Hawks are actually the prime spot for Jabari to put up big numbers, and have Schlenk giving him a big enough contract to keep him in ATL.  We only are committed to 7 players at $33 million at the moment.  He could EASILY get a 3 yr - 60 million deal from the Hawks, IF . . the Hawks can't land one of the possible free agents ( cough ) Andre Drummond, Anthony Davis ( cough ) next summer . . and still have this organization not even blink because they'll be well under the cap.

Collins isn't getting his new deal until summer of 2021.  And don't get it twisted folks, he WILL get paid.  If not by us, by somebody.  Trae and Huerter don't get paid until summer of 2022.  Bruno is a restricted FA in 2022 as well and may get a 5 mill a year deal, unless he rapidly improves ( which is a possibility ).  Reddish and Hunter don't hit the market until 2023.

Trivia:  The highest paid player on the Sixers in 2020 is . .

• Al Horford - $27.5 mill . . . nope
  • Ben Simmons - $29.25 mill . . . nope
  • Joel Embiid - $29.5 mill . . . nope
  • Tobias Harris - $34.35 mill . . . CONGRATULATIONS!
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JTB said:

Jamal Crawford who we helped find his niche in the nba as best used as a sixth man

Umm 🧐 I don’t man Jamal was pretty legit before us. With the Bulls and Knicks. 

I do agree that Jabari is a gap stop 🛑 type of dude. He’s not the answer and I wouldn’t be mad if we did package him in a deal soon.

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can we really trust Collins not to do something stupid again?  Perhaps we should be trying to trade him.  I don't want to trade him, but I can't believe he was so stupid.  Maybe he was trying to escape from Loserville.

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Can we really trust Collins not to do something stupid again?  Perhaps we should be trying to trade him.  I don't want to trade him, but I can't believe he was so stupid.  Maybe he was trying to escape from Loserville.

Do you believe he's the only guy doing 'something stupid?'  He just was dumb enough to get caught.

That's not a reason to trade him IMHO.

And again....I have no interest in trading JC especially to overpay and start Parker as our permanent PF.

• Like 2

@JayBirdHawk thanks for the correction on Jamal Crawford... my mistake I thought he walked away without even attempting to return.

thats my mistake ..should have done research before posting that part but I thought my memory of the situation was correct but NOW I recall (after researching) that the ...ASG were cheap ass owners how could I forget!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Once again, your insight is right on point.  There's absolutely ZERO CHANCE that he goes back to Milwaukee, unless they dismantle the team all of a sudden.  The team they have this season is basically coming back next season, at a price tag of over $130 million.  So unless Parker wants to take a significant pay cut to play with the Bucks for the MLE, he's not going there.  A player that young isn't taking ( or shouldn't take ) significant discounts just to experience "winning".  And if he does, he's doing a great disservice to him and his family.

With the salary cap being $109 million this year, and the MLE being $5.7 million for those teams who are over the cap, but below the Luxury Tax apron, who else could he go to that are playoff contenders?  Let's bump the salary cap to $113 million and the MLE to $6.5 million for 2020 - 21, which is what Jabari makes now.

• Boston:  Nope.  Jaylen Brown's new contract killed that.  They're on the hook for a payroll of over $140 million next season
  • Denver:  Possible.   It depends on who you'd rather want. An offensive minded and younger Jabari Parker? Or an older, defensive minded Paul Millsap, re-signed at a much lower number. He'd also need Jeremi Grant to opt out, so that he can at least get an 8 - 10 mill max offer from Denver.
  • Golden St: Nope. Of course they're down now with the Splash Brothers out. But they're on the hook for a $145 million payroll next year when they come back.
  • Houston:  Nope.  $145 million payroll for that squad next year too.

• LA Clippers:  Maybe. But are they're going to bypass re-signing Montrezl Harrell and Mo Harkless, to sign Jabari?
  • LA Lakers:  Sure.  Anthony Davis will opt out. KCP and Avery Bradley probably will too. Bypass those 3, and he can play alongside LBJ.
  • Philadelphia:  Haha. Quick . . who will be the highest paid player on the Sixers in 2020?  Answer at the end of this post. Payroll almost at $150 million in 2020.
  • Portland:  YES!  Whiteside's ridiculous deal ends.  They need a 3rd scorer or at least some punch at the forward spot. And they're only on the hook for 91 million next year.  Oregon, here we come!

• Toronto:  Most Definitely!  Only 9 players signed next season right now at 90+ million. Gasol ( 25 mill ) and Ibaka ( 23 mill ) this year, are off the books. So there's plenty of money for Jabari in Canada . . if they don't value those two players.
  • Utah:  OK.  He'd just need to talk Mike Conley into opting out and foregoing that 34 million that he'll make next season.

The Hawks are actually the prime spot for Jabari to put up big numbers, and have Schlenk giving him a big enough contract to keep him in ATL.  We only are committed to 7 players at $33 million at the moment.  He could EASILY get a 3 yr - 60 million deal from the Hawks, IF . . the Hawks can't land one of the possible free agents ( cough ) Andre Drummond, Anthony Davis ( cough ) next summer . . and still have this organization not even blink because they'll be well under the cap.

Collins isn't getting his new deal until summer of 2021.  And don't get it twisted folks, he WILL get paid.  If not by us, by somebody.  Trae and Huerter don't get paid until summer of 2022.  Bruno is a restricted FA in 2022 as well and may get a 5 mill a year deal, unless he rapidly improves ( which is a possibility ).  Reddish and Hunter don't hit the market until 2023.

Trivia:  The highest paid player on the Sixers in 2020 is . .

• Al Horford - $27.5 mill . . . nope
  • Ben Simmons - $29.25 mill . . . nope
  • Joel Embiid - $29.5 mill . . . nope
  • Tobias Harris - $34.35 mill . . . CONGRATULATIONS!

Well look I never said Atlanta couldn’t resign him based on cap. I’m aware we currently will have more cap than any other team in the league this summer ...my only point is that there’s enough teams (some you mentioned) that Parker will likely join over rejoining the non playoff hawks. 
I think because of that reason we should trade him. To me bench players like jabari who can score and be potential 6th men of the year is looked for more so than bench players who can actually play defense.

lou Williams has never been a good defender and he stops the ball movement a lot in systems that consist of ball and player movement which is why bud/ferry didn’t rush to resign him. I look at Jabari and though he isn’t as good at scoring as Lou he fits the sixth man profile of being a unstoppable scorer vs second units .

5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Do you believe he's the only guy doing 'something stupid?'  He just was dumb enough to get caught.

That's not a reason to trade him IMHO.

And again....I have no interest in trading JC especially to overpay and start Parker as our permanent PF.

Why should we care whether he is the only one who is doing something stupid?  The fact is that he did, and it shows a lack of judgment on his part.  I have no interest in overpaying Parker, but I would like to have someone on the team who puts his team and teammates first.  Again, I don't want to get rid of him, but if he can't get his stuff together, we are in deep doo doo.