• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Ded... 'til Schlank Does Somethin'

kg01

4 minutes ago, Blunt91 said:

The offensive sets & Defensive schemes are trash.

None of us know what TF they're supposed to be running.  Alls we see are the trash a** results.

I'mma give the benefit of the doubt that the defense didn't call for a dumb a** foul to give up and and1.

And I'mma assume the offense doesn't call for Jones or some other trashcan to bum-fumble the ball outta bounds every time instead of getting an easy layin.

• Haha 2

My biggest fear right now is someone gets ahead of us and grabs Dave Joerger. He might be an asshole from his previous owners opinions; but he knows how to coach defense and x's and o's.

I swear if we do not get him and we end up being crap again next season, no one will ever get me to shut up about Joerger and the missed opportunity of having him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

My biggest fear right now is someone gets ahead of us and grabs Dave Joerger. He might be an asshole from his previous owners opinions; but he knows how to coach defense and x's and o's.

I swear if we do not get him and we end up being crap again next season, no one will ever get me to shut up about Joerger and the missed opportunity of having him.

Wait, who else is there? I know Dantoni, anyone else. I’d kill for a Jerry Sloan type. Somebody who brought a tough mentality, a blue collar dude, like um Lloyd a bit 🤔 

Edited by Spud2nique

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

None of us know what TF they're supposed to be running.  Alls we see are the trash a** results.

I'mma give the benefit of the doubt that the defense didn't call for a dumb a** foul to give up and and1.

And I'mma assume the offense doesn't call for Jones or some other trashcan to bum-fumble the ball outta bounds every time instead of getting an easy layin.

I know a lot of what we are running. It's extremely similar to last year. Just a lot less trust, teams know are schemes more and we lack the personnel to do it which we didn't last year. With Trae, our OffRtg is 107 is it clearly works with Trae. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

Wait, who else is there. I know Dantoni, anyone else. I’d kill for a Jerry Sloan type. Somebody who brought a tough mentality, a blue collar dude, like um Lloyd a bit 🤔 

I think Joerger is the best fit out there. He is still a young 45 and had that Memphis team flat out playing some of the best D in the league. Turns out he did a pretty good job in Sacramento as well. They won 39 games last season and he got the boot. We would kill for 39 wins right now with our young team.

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

Ya'll full of shit man. LP can coach, he already proved that and his rep around the league is sky high. This bullshit is on TS. Even he admitted as much that he screwed the pooch. You can't demand LP starts making Reddish, Kevin, Hunter, and Bembry make threes. You just can't. These players are either developing and young or bad at shooting and older. 

Joerger has the Scott Skiles syndrome which is why he never works for most teams who lands him. 

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

I know a lot of what we are running. It's extremely similar to last year. Just a lot less trust, teams know are schemes more and we lack the personnel to do it which we didn't last year. With Trae, our OffRtg is 107 is it clearly works with Trae. 

What are they doing in Toronto Supes? I want that. Kawhi is gone but the GM and coach seem bad strong. And the scheme???  Fred Van Vleet goes 5-19, their starting sg, and they win on the road in Boston without Pascal??? 😐 

I do notice one thing about them. Defense, game situation awareness, and every guy rebounds a bit for their position. 

Anything else anyone is seeing?

• Like 3

What are they doing in Toronto Supes? I want that. Kawhi is gone but the GM and coach seem bad strong. And the scheme???  Fred Van Vleet goes 5-19, their starting sg, and they win on the road in Boston without Pascal??? 😐 

I do notice one thing about them. Defense, game situation awareness, and every guy rebounds a bit for their position. 

Anything else anyone is seeing?

It's clear what they are doing. They aren't playing players who aren't ready. They have vets who know how to win. They have excellent depth. They can shoot the basketball, 1-5. Outside of Trae and John, we don't have a single player who would consistently crack their rotation on a nightly basis. They have the depth where they could sent both Hunter and Reddish to the G-League. We don't have the option. They been building this for years. They aren't in our situation where the GM sold all of the decent vets for assets or just moved them to a better situation because he is giving them a solid at the expense of our team. 

We don't even have the vets Memphis has. That's a problem. Like I said, we look too much like Phoenix of last year. 

• Thanks 4

7 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I think Joerger is the best fit out there. He is still a young 45 and had that Memphis team flat out playing some of the best D in the league. Turns out he did a pretty good job in Sacramento as well. They won 39 games last season and he got the boot. We would kill for 39 wins right now with our young team.

Mark Jackson is another dude who instills confidence. Stickin with Lloyd. Let’s grow together!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

They been building this for years.

Agree with everything but this. They retooled when they shipped Derozan for Kawhi. Only couple remaining guys they had were Ibaka and Lowry and Lowry was never a clutch winner. Something happened to them where everything clicked in the span of about 2 years. Nurse/Kawhi and the emergence and maturation of Pascal. Then getting glue guys...ya I guess it’s everything ...or at least a bit of everything everywhere. 

I never thought they’d be this good without Kawhi. I thought Lowry would absolutely buckle, same with Ibaka, and thought Pascal would struggle now that he’s the focus... that’s not the case. I’m very impressed.

• Thanks 1

Agree with everything but this. They retooled when they shipped Derozan for Kawhi. Only couple remaining guys they had were Ibaka and Lowry and Lowry was never a clutch winner. Something happened to them where everything clicked in the span of about 2 years. Nurse/Kawhi and the emergence and maturation of Pascal. Then getting glue guys...ya I guess it’s everything ...or at least a bit of everything everywhere. 

I never thought they’d be this good without Kawhi. I thought Lowry would absolutely buckle, same with Ibaka, and thought Pascal would struggle now that he’s the focus... that’s not the case. I’m very impressed.

It's hard to say Lowry wasn't a winner. He's been one of the best adv analytics players of the last 6-8 years. He has meant so much to Toronto in terms of winning and he is a floor raiser as well. People judge him too harshly by his playoffs failures but he didn't have a legit team till last year and they won it all. 

Developing guys is key. Toronto has a plan in place. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, NBASupes said:

He's been one of the best adv analytics players of the last 6-8 years.

What the hell really? See, that’s why I’m not a stats guy. In my mind, I always felt like he was holding them back a bit if anything. Maybe it’s just the way he exaggerates and flails his body into people ala Devin Harris. I mean I respect a dude for giving up the body on a charge but don’t be ersan at the pg position every possession. 

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Toronto has a plan in place.

No lie.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You’re now making me look at the mid level vet FA of 2020. Reel in some inexpensive but quality vets then get the big star splash ⭐💦 in 2021. 

Bench vets needed.

Quality vets are needed so bad with this squad. 

We need one 

at PG 

wing

Center

maybe PF as well. 

I would keep my ears to the streets if Al Horford becomes available in the offseason. He would be critical for our style and system if Philly moves on. 

We need guys who KNOW how to WIN! No more guys who just play a role and want some shine. We need guys who can impact and win. High impact vets is ALL I WANT. No Ariza. No Crabbe. No Marvin Williams. No Jabari Parkers

I want Horford, Baynes, Ibaka, Paul Millsap, Derrick Favors, Marc Gasol, Goran Dragic, etc. 

I want guys who by analytics add value throughout their careers. Winners who win! I also want guys who can shoot. Davis Bertrans and guys like that. 

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

What the hell really? See, that’s why I’m not a stats guy. In my mind, I always felt like he was holding them back a bit if anything. Maybe it’s just the way he exaggerates and flails his body into people ala Devin Harris. I mean I respect a dude for giving up the body on a charge but don’t be ersan at the pg position every possession. 

No lie.

That's DeRozan. Not Lowry. By a ton of metrics, Lowry has been one of the better PG's in the last 8 years. Lowry impacts winning. 

PHX got winners. They added Baynes, Rubio, and other guys who know how to win. Got rid of those who didn't know how to win. They changed their team overnight. 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

First off you need to take your meds. One set to chill out and the other to focus on defense which has nothing to do with our team's shooting. No where in my post did I mention shooting, so the least you could do is take this conversation you are having with yourself to the bathroom mirror and continue it. 

Now my point about defense:

We allow:

118.3 Points per game, 2nd worse in the league

48.0% FG%, 3rd worse in the league

11.3 Offensive rebounds, 4th worse in the league

25.6 FT a game, 5th worse in the league

36.6 3PT%, 10th worse in the league

35.8 Defensive rebounds, 11th worse in the league

I know we can't shoot and I know Pierce cannot put the ball in the basket for our players. But he can coach team defense. I think we have the length to be at least mediocre instead of one of the worse in almost every important category.

Get the f*** outta here with that dumb shit. You literally said some bullshit and I gotta correct that first. Dave literally had records of:

32 wins, 27 wins and 39 wins. Your ass is acting like he was some heaven-sent coach. He couldn't adjust till his players. Refused to listen to upper management which is critical for coach-management relationship and his players didn't even like him at all. You can say he was good at Xs and Os but that doesn't mean shit when they players openly want you gone and management wants you gone even more. This wasn't just the case at Sac but also in Memphis. 

We weren't expected to be a defensive team. We were expected to be the worst coming into the season. 

What the f*** can we do about our FG% with this personnel grouping? We don't have shooters. We don't have any f***ing vets? What do you want from this motherlover man? No one can do shit with this. You gotta have the players man. We don't got them outside of Trae and John and both of them aren't good defenders at all. 

Look at our defensive personnel:

Kevin was literally worse than Trae on the DRAYMOND last year. This year, his numbers are even worse and he is looking horrific right now. He lost athleticism due to injury and his personnel around him on both ends is night and day worse than last year. LP can teach all day but you can't expect remedial students to handle Harvard material.

Trae- We already know he is ass on defense. 

Collins - He showed flashes early this season but maybe that had more to do with the matchups. Chicago and Milwaukee spreaded him out like a loose woman dying for change. What do you want from LP on this? 

Bruno - Now, I agree, Bruno probably should be playing A LOT less and Len playing a lot more but Len stinks as a starter and Bruno needs more exp. Who's to say this isn't an order from TS to get Bruno more mins to see what we got. 

Cam - Defensively, he been excellent, especially in Dec but his offense is a WIP and you give to take with him at times. 

Hunter - Looks brunt out. We been playing that man 38 mins at times. We play him more than anyone and it shows. He looks tired now. We lack depth behind him. 

The rest are boo boo on both ends, no even worth mentioning. So what is LP going to teach that he hasn't taught? This team just is no good. Facts!

Dave my ass bro. Dave had some solid vets each year in SAC and couldn't win for the most part. LP won 29 games last year with players who were end of the rotation guys, a young Trae, a rookie Kevin and a decent John Collins. 

You can't get mad at LP when the guys we got right now, aren't guys anyone can win with. Teams paid us to take some of these players for picks. 

Edited by NBASupes

52 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

You can't get mad at LP when the guys we got right now, aren't guys anyone can win with. Teams paid us to take some of these players for picks. 

I don't care for rants, so I cut yours out. Its quite possibly why I am divorced and did not remarry. I can be disappointed in LP. He was suppose to be a development and defensive minded coach.

#1 - Did he help develop John and Trae or are they the kind of good that makes the coach look good? Other than those two, I am not seeing much so far.

#2 - Defense,  There is no defense to speak of.

I don't rant either; so this is short and sweet. If next season it is still more of the same, I will be even more convinced he cannot coach defense.