• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We Ded... 'til Schlank Does Somethin'

kg01

1 hour ago, gurpilo said:

I agree with their defense, however Collins defense is much much better. Anyway they have demonstrated they can play 35 mpg. We should pair them with Crabbe, Bembry and Len on the floor. Give Hunter minutes with 4 of these players, same for Cam, same for Huerter. Give the young felllas something they can handle. What is not really working is to have Huerter, Reddish, Hunter and Bruno at the same time on the floor. Protect the young guys.

We will see. Collins defense was solid for like 4-5 games. Let's see how it is going to be for the rest of the season. Last two games, his defense looked bad.

Trae 35 mins is laced with shitastic defense. He ain't really helping us like that.

Edited by NBASupes

• Moderators

I still believe that with LP's scheme and the players we have, executing on offense is the key to being successful defensively.  I know it's always taught the other way around but we get in huge deficits when our offense tanks and we have to play transition D all the time.  Noticed against Orlando we were hitting the offensive boards less in favor of getting back on D (hmm what an idea).   It's how you don't get blown out when your D is suspect. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I still believe that with LP's scheme and the players we have, executing on offense is the key to being successful defensively.  I know it's always taught the other way around but we get in huge deficits when our offense tanks and we have to play transition D all the time.  Noticed against Orlando we were hitting the offensive boards less in favor of getting back on D (hmm what an idea).   It's how you don't get blown out when your D is suspect. 

You know what I noticed last night a lot on defense...particularly with Huerter and Bembry....they keep getting caught 'looking in the backfield' to use a football analogy. When they are guarding a player with the ball, they lose focus when they go peeking to see where a potential screen is coming from, that little motion and their guys blows by them. Stop doing that...focus on your guy and the ball. 

They need to depend on their teammates to call out the screens and stop peeking. I said before part of having a good defense is communication, not enough of it with this team.

• Like 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You know what I noticed last night a lot on defense...particularly with Huerter and Bembry....they keep getting caught 'looking in the backfield' to use a football analogy. When they are guarding a player with the ball, they lose focus when they go peeking to see where a potential screen is coming from, that little motion and their guys blows by them. Stop doing that...focus on your guy and the ball. 

They need to depend on their teammates to call out the screens and stop peeking. I said before part of having a good defense is communication, not enough of it with this team.

Agree.  There should be a fluidity to defense as well as offense.  Often our guys just come to a standstill on D when they think they lost their man or when they think a shot is coming.  You've got to keep moving and finding the open guy. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I bet he'll keep his mouth closed in the future.  Or just let someone else in his camp ( if he has a "camp" ) do the talking for him.

https://www.nba.com/article/2020/01/02/dewayne-dedmon-fined-trade-request-official-release

Even if his camp talks, he'll still get fined. Just like AD's agent did last year.

• Like 1