• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The First 41.....The Next 41!

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
On 2/14/2020 at 1:36 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Lets play......

Which of our wing players: Huerter, Hunter, Reddish -

1. will average at least 16 points per game over the last 26 games. We need at least 1 to do so consistently.

2. Will be most consistent night in night out

3. Have the best 3pt percentage over the next 26.

4. Most rebounds over the next 26

And the race is on, these 3 in a tight race after 1 game, fun way to start the stretch run. 

Huerter: 17 pts/7 rebs/4 assists/37% from 3

Hunter: 17 pts/6 rebs/2 assists/100% from 3 (with the biggest 3 to tie the game)

Reddish: 16 pts/4 rebs/2stls/2blks/20% from 3 (with the biggest steal for the go ahead bucket)

This is amazing. Now we need to see this in more games than not to finish the season.

Go HAWKS!!!

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, High5 said:

We should get an extremely motivated Sixers squad on Monday. They just got trounced by Milwaukee and we’ve had their number. Winning that game for our first 3-game win streak would be huge.

I love how we’ve matched up with them under LP, however, Philly is a different animal at home versus on the road.  And like you mentioned, them coming off of a big loss, they are going to extra motivated. Especially considering that they know we’ve had their number lately, so they won’t sleepwalk in to this game. This will be a really really tough test for us Monday

Edited by RedDawg#8
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, High5 said:

We should get an extremely motivated Sixers squad on Monday. They just got trounced by Milwaukee and we’ve had their number. Winning that game for our first 3-game win streak would be huge.

Simmons is getting a MRI. Woj is reporting the possibility of something bad. I think a possible fracture in his back.

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Simmons is getting a MRI. Woj is reporting the possibility of something bad. I think a possible fracture in his back.

Noooo , that would kill my fantasy team. My  Back to Back championship dreams would be over. 😩

• Sad 1

6 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Didn't know that. Well, that puts a damper things. But the Sixers still haven't lost at home in over 2 months so it'll be a tough game regardless. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Buzzard said:

We have a real shot at passing the Pistons, Bulls. and Hornets soon. That is 10th seed territory.

Orlando ( 8th seed ) is on a 35 win pace, but have lost 9 of their last 12 games

Washington ( 9th ) is on a 30 win pace, but have won 5 of their last 8

Chicago ( 10th ) is on a 29 win pace but have won 3 of their last 4 . . . but also have lost 14 of their last 18.  They're set to get 3 starters back in a few weeks.

So I'll say the target for 8th in the East isn't 35 wins, it's more like 33 wins.

So if the Hawks need 33 wins to get in, they need to go 16 - 8 the rest of the way . . which would make them one of the hottest teams going into the playoffs.

Only way that happens is if they become unbeatable at home ( which currently they've won 6 of their last 7 home games ), and a much tighter defensive team to have them go .500 on the road.

Couldn't ask for a more favorable schedule though. I would say that every single home game is winnable, with maybe the exception of New Orleans, who really has it going right now with Zion in the lineup ( won 7 of their last 10 ).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If this is the case it's really really sad.  I think under 35 wins or less the 1st seed should just get a bye.

Depends on if the eighth seed  is on a winning streak to end the regular season as to whether it gets interesting though. Almost everyone pulls for that underdog even if the odds in that case are so extreme. We took Boston to seven in the first round with a losing record one year and they ended up winning the trophy.

• Like 2

I dont want to be that negative guy, but can we just pass the Knicks 1st before we start talking about 10th seed, playoffs, etc..?

We have the 2nd most losses of any team in the entire league. If we never lost another game this season we would still just be right at .500, that's how bad of a hole we are in. Let's crawl before we walk, walk before we run. 

Philly will be tough even without Simmons. Their backs are against the wall and they will be swinging tomorrow.

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

If this is the case it's really really sad.  I think under 35 wins or less the 1st seed should just get a bye.

Before the season, my prediction was for the Hawks to get that 8th seed with just 35 wins.  I just didn't see any way that the 8th seed could win any more games in the East than that.  

• Like 2