• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Woi Bomb: Hawks fire Lloyd Pierce

kg01

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You know it is pretty weird that my favorite memory of us playing the Celtics is not us winning a game but of Zaza head butting KG. Kevin had to quickly get over the shock and get back to his method acting you know. Warm and fuzzy moment for me.

It’s not a game it’s a damn fight. 😂 Top 10 moments for me as well.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You know it is pretty weird that my favorite memory of us playing the Celtics is not us winning a game but of Zaza head butting KG. Kevin had to quickly get over the shock and get back to his method acting you know. Warm and fuzzy moment for me.

Is that where this pesky dain bramage came from?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s not a game it’s a damn fight. 😂 Top 10 moments for me as well.

That was just a beautiful clip. Thanks for that. Zaza's accent as Rocky as well. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

In some real 2020-era "journalism", here's another anti-CLP article(sic) ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-disconnect-between-trae-young-155601140.html

The folks among us who want us to follow the Suns/Knicks/Kings model will cite this as further evidence for their agenda.  But the reality is, speaking of citing, Feldman's basically built "content" based on reading Kirschner's original piece.

IOW, this ain't new or news.  It's just a guy with no actual sources or quotes trying to trick folks to produce clicks.

And furthermore, what in the actual F is a source(sic) "with knowledge of Young's thinking"?  How does that keep passing the smell test for journalistic integrity?  Why are writers comfortable using made up stuff?  The guy selling popcorn has knowledge of Young's thinking ... with regards to how much butter he wants on popcorn.  Does he now qualify as someone to build rumors off of?

Again, no one is saying CLP is above reproach, I'm just cautioning folks not to buy into hype.

Good caution.

008-public-enemy-1355265884.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, AHF said:

Good caution.

008-public-enemy-1355265884.jpg

There's no way you're cool enough to get that reference.

Either you got more swag than I thought, or I gotta knock PE down a few pegs in the swag-factor-meter.

Eh ..... I'm leaning with the latter. 😒

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, kg01 said:

In some real 2020-era "journalism", here's another anti-CLP article(sic) ...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-disconnect-between-trae-young-155601140.html

The folks among us who want us to follow the Suns/Knicks/Kings model will cite this as further evidence for their agenda.  But the reality is, speaking of citing, Feldman's basically built "content" based on reading Kirschner's original piece.

IOW, this ain't new or news.  It's just a guy with no actual sources or quotes trying to trick folks to produce clicks.

And furthermore, what in the actual F is a source(sic) "with knowledge of Young's thinking"?  How does that keep passing the smell test for journalistic integrity?  Why are writers comfortable using made up stuff?  The guy selling popcorn has knowledge of Young's thinking ... with regards to how much butter he wants on popcorn.  Does he now qualify as someone to build rumors off of?

Again, no one is saying CLP is above reproach, I'm just cautioning folks not to buy into hype.

It is known that a couple players are not found of LP.  

46 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Who?  Allen Crabbe and Evan Turner?  Ok.  Let's play 'where are they now'.

This is the danger of these "reports".  Now people are quoting them as fact.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
51 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Important clarification.

Not "known." Rather, it is reported ... but people then either believe or don't believe both that the reporter's words accurately convey what s/he was told, and that the sources themselves are accurate in what they told the reporter (as opposed to just acting out of their own brand of animosity).

Yes?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Even the calming and sane voice of "Mr. Stockton" can't take away the edge and joy of that moment you know. Fratello on board as well. Thanks guy.

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

There's no way you're cool enough to get that reference.

Either you got more swag than I thought, or I gotta knock PE down a few pegs in the swag-factor-meter.

Eh ..... I'm leaning with the latter. 😒

Been a fan of theirs for 30 years.  (Had to redo the math on that number which went 20...no probably closer to 25...let me think when did I start listening to them?  **** that was 30 years ago). 

Take that as support for both possibilities.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Who?  Allen Crabbe and Evan Turner?  Ok.  Let's play 'where are they now'.

This is the danger of these "reports".  Now people are quoting them as fact.

Trae, one of the rooks and a vet.  But go on with your beliefs.  

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, sturt said:

Important clarification.

Not "known." Rather, it is reported ... but people then either believe or don't believe both that the reporter's words accurately convey what s/he was told, and that the sources themselves are accurate in what they told the reporter (as opposed to just acting out of their own brand of animosity).

Yes?

No.  Word gets around to the reporters.  Now the question is if they get it right in the report.   If you think there is not some animosity towards the coach then you are dead wrong.  Does he make it through it?  We will see next year.  

• Premium Member
55 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Word gets around to the reporters. 

That phrasing, on its own, is indicative of hearsay.

There's a reason hearsay isn't admissible as evidence.

I'm just not okay with taking a TMZ attitude, by which I mean, whatever gossip might be floated is taken as credible, just because.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Trae

Bruno

Turner ( if not Turner . . Bembry )

Not that I believe this . . . all the way . . . but if I had to name 3, it would be these guys.

Tell me something..........and be honest here, have you seen nights where the players just took a night off?  I mean did it look like they didnt even know what was going on?    I know yall are against me because I dont kumbaya and that is fine with me but just watch the team game after game.  Nobody is gonna give up a name or information that would cause distrust where they have been informed.  Just continue watching this team when it gets back to playing.  Look at Memphis, they dumped their high salaries and are ahead of us in their rebuild.    LP will make or break it this upcoming year.  

• Like 1