• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Your thoughts on this.....

Vol4ever

• Premium Member

That's a real damning concern, then. Many of us back-when thought we weren't getting the full story. But did anyone think he'd still be hobbled into the summer? This is starting to sound like something in the vein of Eric Berry's drama during his last year with KC Chiefs (and since).

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Vol4ever said:

From the article (see Capela Thread):

It’s hard to fully gauge where he is with his progress because there’s no in-person evaluation from Chelsea Lane and the Hawks during this time, but Capela says he’s progressing.

“I’m feeling pretty good,” Capela said. “I’m going to keep doing what the medical staff is saying. I think they’ve been doing a pretty good job. I feel pretty good, honestly. I’m not 100 percent yet. It’s getting better, so I’m optimistic about it.”

Capela’s decision to play through pain is why he’s still dealing with this process that started in late December. Capela didn’t properly rest the foot to allow it to fully heal when he originally felt discomfort. He said last month that he dealt with the pain and learned to play through it.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

This has been discussed in another thread.  Hou played him injured, lengthened the recovery.  Not ideal but also not necessarily news.

When did the news come out he was injured playing for Houston?  I must have missed this.  

5 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Say what you want, but we got Capela and he was injured.   This is a damn concern.  

Nah he’ll be fine. He’ll be 100% by training camp and due to the COVID19 he actually has even more time to heal. There’s nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JTB said:

Nah he’ll be fine. He’ll be 100% by training camp and due to the COVID19 he actually has even more time to heal. There’s nothing to worry about.

I'm hoping for the best BUT you or anyone else can't guarantee that.  Eyes on you Schlenk.  

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

Eyes on you Schlenk. 

To be fair, it remains... for now... a whole lot more reward on the ledger than risk. A healthy version of Capela is worth considerably more than he's counting on our cap sheet.

Having said that, I'd have felt more confident if it had just been indicated up front, though, that this was anticipated. The words in the Capela quote also don't exactly inspire confidence, at least not for me. That sounds like what a person says when he doesn't actually have a lot of faith that he knows what's next. Players who inspire confidence speak in more specific terms than that.

If he's not playing by training camp, I'll be concerned. If he's not playing by opening night, I'll be really concerned. If he's not playing by Thanksgiving, I'll be outright worried. And if he's not playing by Christmas, I'll be a worried, cussing pessimist.

He was injured in December and was still playing and dealing with it on Jan. 11th.

December report:

https://rocketswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/23/clint-capela-added-to-rockets-injury-list-with-bruised-heel/

January report:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2869311-rockets-clint-capela-ruled-out-vs-timberwolves-after-suffering-heel-injury

Common knowledge for anyone that follows the Rockets and I am sure Schlenk and company knew about it also.

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Big man, bad foot. That's never good. Houston played us like a fiddle. 

Took Embiid forever to get on the floor. And am I making this up, or wasn't it also Theo Ratliff's nagging injury?

I wouldn't say HOU played us like a fiddle. Clearly, our eyes were wide open as to what we might be getting ourselves into. But again, let's not overreact just yet. It's a little bit of bad news.

Just think good thoughts.

meditation1.gif

Meditate on that contract. That sweeeeeet, team-friendly contract. Nothing's really changed. And we still haven't lost any games over this trade. Happy, happy!

10 minutes ago, sturt said:

Took Embiid forever to get on the floor. And am I making this up, or wasn't it also Theo Ratliff's nagging injury?

I wouldn't say HOU played us like a fiddle. Clearly, our eyes were wide open as to what we might be getting ourselves into. But again, let's not overreact just yet. It's a little bit of bad news.

Just think good thoughts.

meditation1.gif

Meditate on that contract. That sweeeeeet, team-friendly contract. Nothing's really changed. And we still haven't lost any games over this trade. Happy, happy!

I can't help but think a big part of the reason they traded him was the bad foot. Also, D'antoni's downplaying of the injury was clearly deceptive. 

• Like 1