• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I’m ok with LP but....

JTB

1 hour ago, Peoriabird said:

The problem is you have a number of posters who don't look at this problem objectively and are willing to defend the indefensible!

You mean some people choose to view things with stats and logic instead of blind hate.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

Tell this to the LP defenders! 😎

Yeah that’s some issue you and @Buzzard seem to have. I don’t know how many times I have to tell you two that no one thinks LP is perfect, great, or necessarily even good as a coach ....there’s a lot of unknowns to many and until he gets a roster the front office believes he should be winning with he isn’t going to be moved. It’s a “good business decision” as there are folks watching on the outside.

But Repeatedly asking why isn’t LP fired shows that you’re not looking at the business side (which is fine). But in my opinion if you’re in this position as the GM you risk a lot of things firing LP. Schlenk would look bad in the public eye and across the league Among everyone involved in nba if he fired LP right now.  They’d all say “well damn they didn’t really give him a good team to be good with and he’s a young coach, what did they really expect with no vets around?”

Like it or not you have to be careful with every action as the GM even with the feelings of outsiders looking at the hawks.....if Schlenk really has doubts in LP I’m sure he already has a list put together of his replacements.

but LP ain’t going no where right now ....again it’s a business decision due to the priority changing which is no longer to tank and has changed to being a playoff team...Schlenk is already in the mindset of building a winner so the roster will be way better no matter what .

This is more so Schlenk telling LP ok here’s your one shot at this, your real true opportunity with actual winning expectations now and if he don’t come through this plan also allows him to self destruct and gives Schlenk the opportunity to move on from him gracefully which looks good in the public eye to the outsiders Schlenk may be interested in bringing in for LPs replacement.

12 hours ago, Wurider05 said:

There is a reason why this guy hasn't gotten another coaching job. let's leave him alone fellas. 

Nah not true at all. I’m sure he’s not willing to go just anywhere either.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JTB said:

Yeah that’s some issue you and @Buzzard seem to have. I don’t know how many times I have to tell you two that no one thinks LP is perfect, great, or necessarily even good as a coach ....there’s a lot of unknowns to many and until he gets a roster the front office believes he should be winning with he isn’t going to be moved. It’s a “good business decision” as there are folks watching on the outside.

1st of all, a roster with Trae and Collins 2 all stars in my opinion should be able to beat Cleveland and Chicago at least once and be competitive with Memphis which they weren't

Secondly, the play of the team should improve over time but it hasn't.  Defense still bad, Can't rebound, and still at the bottom of the league in turnovers.  None of that changes from year to year with different players.

Thirdly, the strategy can be questioned.  Bembry, Len, Bruno, Parker, Turner setting up in the corner for a catch and shoot 3? Really?

4th, No plays run for your most efficient player in Collins but yet you run plays for Vince Carter?

5th,  Either your super star player doesn't listen to you or you aren't correcting some of his worst flaws?  Either way, it ain't effective coaching but yet y'all want to continue this clown show?

I don't understand the patience with this coach.

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Can't believe ya'll (we) got sucked back into another anti-CLP roundtable discussion.

Yet Peo still won't answer my question ...

I know they are not going to fire LP before his 3rd season. Its an unreasonable ask unless he does something that is conduct detrimental, which there is like a 0.99 % chance of that happening. He gets his shooter, Bertans, Harris, Galloway etc and he gets his defender, Dunn, Grant, Crowder, Harrell etc and he will not have any more excuses. He has his Center, he has his Power Forward, he has his Point Guard.

Just because I know he will not be fired, does not mean I think he should not be. His play calling or lack thereof ( See Collins ), defensive schemes, along with his rotations leave a lot to be desired. There are several coaches who could help this team in all of those areas. Some of the best ones may not be around for us to land in 2021/22; and that is my biggest worry.

I would really like to have a chance with Kenny Atkinson and hope he joins somewhere as a assistant so we can at least interview him next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzard said:

I know they are not going to fire LP before his 3rd season. Its an unreasonable ask unless he does something that is conduct detrimental, which there is like a 0.99 % chance of that happening. He gets his shooter, Bertans, Harris, Galloway etc and he gets his defender, Dunn, Grant, Crowder, Harrell etc and he will not have any more excuses. He has his Center, he has his Power Forward, he has his Point Guard.

Just because I know he will not be fired, does not mean I think he should not be. His play calling or lack thereof ( See Collins ), defensive schemes, along with his rotations leave a lot to be desired. There are several coaches who could help this team in all of those areas. Some of the best ones may not be around for us to land in 2021/22; and that is my biggest worry.

I would really like to have a chance with Kenny Atkinson and hope he joins somewhere as a assistant so we can at least interview him next season.

Whoa whoa, you want some-a this schmoke too, Buzz!!

(Is that what the kids say nowadays?)

Seriously though, why do you want us to follow the Suns/Knicks/Kings model?

And I also hope Kenni Atk joins somewhere as an assistant too ... since that's what he is.  An assistant coach.

20 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The 'he doesn't run any plays for Collins' has to be the most overblown coach criticism in history.   

I bet TOR doesn't really run a lot of plays for Siakim.  FRIER NIC NURSE!!!

45 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The 'he doesn't run any plays for Collins' has to be the most overblown coach criticism in history.   

I wonder if Sloan ever ran plays for Malone? Probably not since he was such a horrible coach who never won the chip ( sarcasm ) or Pops running plays for Duncan who has won chips. Defend LP all you want but I am willing to make a bet.

LP is replaced before the start of the 2021/22 season.

36 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Collins is a movement player. He's involved naturally. He's not a back to the basket guy at this level or a faceup Iso guy. He either good for the lob, PnR, or PnP. His game is efficient.

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Collins is a movement player. He's involved naturally. He's not a back to the basket guy at this level or a faceup Iso guy. He either good for the lob, PnR, or PnP. His game is efficient.

Exactly.  some act like this was some kind of gotcha moment when LP accidentally reveals he doesn't know what he's doing.  Why would he do that anyway?   ^^^^ this was LP's whole point in mentioning it because contrary to popular belief he's not an idiot who's doing nothing and knows nothing about basketball. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I wonder if Sloan ever ran plays for Malone? Probably not since he was such a horrible coach who never won the chip ( sarcasm ) or Pops running plays for Duncan who has won chips. Defend LP all you want but I am willing to make a bet.

LP is replaced before the start of the 2021/22 season.

I see those who want us to believe LP is a good coach are running and tucking their tails on him keeping his job past 2020/21.  Looks like to me there is not a lot of faith here in his abilities even from his supporters.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
31 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I see those who want us to believe LP is a good coach are running and tucking their tails on him keeping his job past 2020/21.  Looks like to me there is not a lot of faith here in his abilities even from his supporters.

My god this is tiresome.  I don't know of anyone here who doesn't have some concerns with LP.   We just don't share your extreme views that he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.   I wouldn't be surprised if he's let go this season.  There are a variety of reasons that would be justified but none of the reasons given for firing him right now are very good.   

So you want to make a bet that LP led Hawks win less than 30 games this season?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

My god this is tiresome.  I don't know of anyone here who doesn't have some concerns with LP.   We just don't share your extreme views that he's an idiot who doesn't know what he's doing.   I wouldn't be surprised if he's let go this season.  There are a variety of reasons that would be justified but none of the reasons given for firing him right now are very good.   

So you want to make a bet that LP led Hawks win less than 30 games this season?

Stop replying and your fingers will be less tired. I predicted 38 - 40 wins on that other board for this season; pushing for a 8th seed. I will certainly be looking for that or more again.

LP being good enough to keep his job is the bet. You should be tired with all the ducking and running you along with few of his supporters are doing right now.

• Premium Member
6 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

I predicted 38 - 40 wins on that other board for this season. I will certainly be looking for that or more again.

LP being good enough to keep his job is the bet. You should be tired with all the ducking and running you along with few of his supporters are doing right now.

We can only criticize and replace Collins right now.  Pierce is off limits!  Bring on Harrell!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

... and still no one answers my only question ....

You wrote four paragraphs to ask one question. Put the question here and I will do my best to answer it.