• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Play: I was wrong about______________during the 2019 offseason.

JayBirdHawk

On 6/11/2020 at 10:34 AM, macdaddy said:

I don't know.  Bebe and Noah have kind of ended up being the same right?

Final result: chicken dinner 🏆

I meant prime Noah though, big miss from me. I projected Len's nimbers extrapolated from his backup stats: 17pts, 1.5 blks, and 8+ rebs via 27 mins. Oooph, yikes, and ouch 😑

• Haha 4

• 2 months later...
On 5/30/2020 at 9:44 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

It's easy to say I was right, so let's try the opposite: draft, trades, FAcy, record, etc.

I'll start:

I was wrong about the Hawks not bringing back Dedmon. I thought Len would be able to fill the starting Center role. He is clearly best suited to be a backup.

Dedmon's play on the court and his voice in the locker room on this young team was needed.

You were also DEAD 💀 wrong in not wanting to trade Bembry and Len for Jaylen Brown. Oops 😬 oopsieeeee!!! 🤭 

• Haha 2

I was wrong about Len, he’s better suited as a backup center.

I was wrong about hunter, he wasn’t as NBA ready as I thought he’d be coming out of college.

I was wrong about Evan Turner I thought as a bigger point guard he’d be able to at the very least take advantage of smaller defenders (point guards)...in the post and get some decently easy buckets even despite the injury.

i was wrong about chandler parsons ! So so wrong ...smh...I thought he would be able to come into the season and stand in the corners and hit 3s on kick outs from Trae a few minutes per game . Never expected any real player movement or defense but definitely thought ok he can stand in the corner and knock down a three....in reality he hit the floor and could barely run up and down the court ! I said bullshit this mofo can  barely run ...got dammit 

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 8:12 PM, marco102 said:

I was wrong about Trae Young. Thought he wouldn't be good enough to make an all star game. Biggest win (loss) for me of the season.

I was also wrong about Trae not making the All-Star team. I thought he would be close, but possibly get snubbed.

I am 1\3 of the way wrong about Bruno being the best out of the 3 rookies. But this is a marathon, not a sprint. Let's see if Bruno can significantly close the gap in Year 2 of the 3 year prediction.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

You were also DEAD 💀 wrong in not wanting to trade Bembry and Len for Jaylen Brown. Oops 😬 oopsieeeee!!! 🤭 

Hot takes are like a box of chocolates........you never know when one is gonna bite you in the ass....I'm always here to eat my chocolate covered crow.

• Haha 1