• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Let's Play: I was wrong about______________during the 2019 offseason.

JayBirdHawk

12 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I was right about everything I said during the free agency period last year and took a lot of abuse from a lot of posters so I think I'm owed an apology! 😜

Wait, what did you say about FAgency?

• Premium Member
33 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Wait, what did you say about FAgency?

The front court was not addressed at all in free agency. Schlenk should have made an effort to resign Dedmon. Schlenk and should have signed a back up point guard.  I had no confidence in Len and even less confidence in Jones and no confidence in Bruno.  I was personally attacked on a regular basis for taking this stance.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The front court was not addressed at all in free agency. Schlenk should have made an effort to resign Dedmon. Schlenk and should have signed a back up point guard.  I had no confidence in Len and even less confidence in Jones and no confidence in Bruno.  I was personally attacked on a regular basis for taking this stance.

Serious question.  Not trying to rehash our other disagreement(s).  Given all that, can you at least see how that roster mismanagement can make it difficult to win games?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Serious question.  Not trying to rehash our other disagreement(s).  Given all that, can you at least see how that roster mismanagement can make it difficult to win games?

Sure but playing Vince Carter at power forward and other small ball line ups made it even worse.  Plus allowing the team to continue their bad habits like turnovers and not getting back on defense while not rebounding is what disturbed me the most.  Also designing an offense that doesn't fit his personnel at all had me questioning Pierce's understanding of offensive basketball.

• Like 1

• Moderators
22 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

I was right about everything I said during the free agency period last year and took a lot of abuse from a lot of posters so I think I'm owed an apology! 😜

I'm not apologizing for saying that day 1 of free agency is too early to blast a GM and that you have to wait and see how FA develops before making conclusions.

I was in agreement with you about the state of the center position by the end of FA and said so.

I was wrong about Huerter having a strong second season.  It was disappointing, partly for reasons within his control and partly for reasons outside his control.  I figured he would be a consistent producer this season.

• Moderators
23 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Question. Are bets with Vegas regarding regular season wins null and void? Mike Bell had a $1000 bet with Hawks getting the over on regular season wins, that was looking pretty bleak prior to the Covid-19 suspension. @AHF 

I would guess they will be null and void if the season isn't completed.  Haven't looked into the terms applicable on that.  Until the NBA makes a final decision, probably in limbo.

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

I'm not apologizing for saying that day 1 of free agency is too early to blast a GM and that you have to wait and see how FA develops before making conclusions.

I was in agreement with you about the state of the center position by the end of FA and said so.

You were one of the few but I got Hazed by Hazer and others but its all good!

• Haha 1

I was wrong about Len also. I thought he would be a solid, though unspectacular, starting Center. His 2018/19 Season ( especially per 36 numbers ) was just fools gold.

I was wrong about Parker. But this may have been just as much due to Collins suspension as Parker's usefulness as a backup.

I was only wrong about Collins as far as the suspension goes. He improved incrementally in my eyes across the board; but for a lot less games. I think he improves incrementally again next year.

I was wrong about Trae. I had Trae pegged at 24 and 10. He exceeded my expectations.

• Like 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Buzzard said:

I was wrong about Trae. I had Trae pegged at 24 and 10. He exceeded my expectations.

Mine too.  It is nice to be optimistic about a player and still wrong because he is even better.

• Like 1

I thought the record would be 4 to 6 wins better (accounting for the shortened season).  

Len looked like he should have been better, but was awful.

I thought the rookies would help the defense more- or at least the collective defense of the team would be better.  -- Hopefully Capela helps fix this problem. 

On 6/2/2020 at 8:18 AM, TheFuzz said:

Thought Cam would be a complete bust, has already showed more than I thought he had.

Had some belief that Jabari could be a positive 

Jabari was tossed into a bad role with Collins suspension. He has never looked like a stretch four in his career but that was expected in LPs offense. Jabari next to Len in our offense was a waste of his scoring talents. As for defense, that combination had zero chance to succeed.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Jabari was tossed into a bad role with Collins suspension. He has never looked like a stretch four in his career but that was expected in LPs offense. Jabari next to Len in our offense was a waste of his scoring talents. As for defense, that combination had zero chance to succeed.

Jabari was successful to the best of Jabari degree with us. He just isn't good. He's at best a good scoring forward who's bad defensively and that's not worth much in the modern NBA.

• Moderators
On 6/6/2020 at 7:25 PM, NBASupes said:

Jabari was successful to the best of Jabari degree with us. He just isn't good. He's at best a good scoring forward who's bad defensively and that's not worth much in the modern NBA.

Agreed.  What he can give is much more acceptable as a backup than as a starter with worse behind him on the bench.

• Like 2

On 5/31/2020 at 8:12 PM, marco102 said:

I was wrong about Trae Young. Thought he wouldn't be good enough to make an all star game. Biggest win (loss) for me of the season.

Same here. I thought he'd be a 22 ppg - 8 assist guy, but get snubbed for an All-Star spot.  Instead, he has a historic season for a point guard.

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, hazer said:

I was WAY off on Len assuming the starting role. Paired with my swing-and-a-miss on Bebe becoming the next Noah, maybe I should just recuse myself from C predictions.....😳

The Haze from way downtown, BANG! 

• Haha 2

• Moderators
8 hours ago, hazer said:

I was WAY off on Len assuming the starting role. Paired with my swing-and-a-miss on Bebe becoming the next Noah, maybe I should just recuse myself from C predictions.....😳

I don't know.  Bebe and Noah have kind of ended up being the same right?

• Haha 1