• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks Offseason Officially Starts!

JayBirdHawk

57 minutes ago, marco102 said:

Edwards is 6' 5" and 230 lbs with 6'9 - 6' 10 wingpsan.  He can play the three in today's NBA on most nights.

He honestly can play both positions. He's about Paul Pierce size, just a tad shorter. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Spud2nique said:

Yup he’s always been #1 to me but I’ve tried to talk myself out of us really NEEDING him for the way we are building the team. But this kid is waaaayy to talented to not want to add to our exciting young core. 

I am trying to liken him to a player currently or from the past and I can’t. They say Victor Dipo. I see that in movement and body type but I think this kid is going to be better than Oladipo and that’s saying a lot because Oladipo is a baller. Edwards is going to definitely be a perennial all star ⭐️ if health is on his side. He’s just too fast, strong and natural instincts off the charts with fast twitch fibers running crazy and he’s 18. Ya, get him to the Hawks please! 😃 

I see no lies!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, NBASupes said:

He honestly can play both positions. He's about Paul Pierce size, just a tad shorter. 

Funny you mention Paul Pierce because Edwards reminds me a bit of a a guy that went in his draft, Larry Hughes as far as the way he moves around and has natural feel. Hughes was 6’5 also if I’m not mistaken.

3 OG’s come to mind with me and 🐜 comps.

1. Young Tmac

2. Eddie Jones (one of my fav non Hawks) his offense  Is my comp to 🐜 not his D Eddie Jones D was mad good I dunno how good Edwards can be on D.

3. Larry Hughes

On 6/14/2020 at 12:05 AM, marco102 said:

@NBASupes do you think Edwards looks taller?  His tribble looks tighter for sure.  I just see a special prospect here.  He still has a lot to learn, but his floor is still pretty high in my opinion.

Maybe, looks about 6'6 with shoes in the clip. Kids are always growing at this age

On 6/14/2020 at 12:17 AM, Spud2nique said:

Yup he’s always been #1 to me but I’ve tried to talk myself out of us really NEEDING him for the way we are building the team. But this kid is waaaayy to talented to not want to add to our exciting young core. 

I am trying to liken him to a player currently or from the past and I can’t. They say Victor Dipo. I see that in movement and body type but I think this kid is going to be better than Oladipo and that’s saying a lot because Oladipo is a baller. Edwards is going to definitely be a perennial all star ⭐️ if health is on his side. He’s just too fast, strong and natural instincts off the charts with fast twitch fibers running crazy and he’s 18. Ya, get him to the Hawks please! 😃 

No one makes sense for us like Edwards. Toppin does for one end of the court as does Hali. Okoro will take mad time. Deni Avdija can play but idk. Wiseman, men for me at least. 

• Thanks 1

On 6/14/2020 at 12:33 AM, Spud2nique said:

Funny you mention Paul Pierce because Edwards reminds me a bit of a a guy that went in his draft, Larry Hughes as far as the way he moves around and has natural feel. Hughes was 6’5 also if I’m not mistaken.

3 OG’s come to mind with me and 🐜 comps.

1. Young Tmac

2. Eddie Jones (one of my fav non Hawks) his offense  Is my comp to 🐜 not his D Eddie Jones D was mad good I dunno how good Edwards can be on D.

3. Larry Hughes

I don't know about any of these three guys. He plays such a modern style of Basketball like Harden and Oladipo 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I don't know about any of these three guys. He plays such a modern style of Basketball like Harden and Oladipo 

Ya he’s no easy comp like a young Kobe to Jordan or anything. Some guys are hard to find a comparison from the past and he’s one of the newbie style kids. He’s super Dipo though. Dipo isn’t as ruthless as Ant 🐜. This kid is Iverson like raw but a crazy knack for the basket. I’d literally drool 🤤 to see him in a Hawks jersey. More than I’ve wanted anyone since, well Luka, but with the Trae trade, before that, prolly 🐜 Davis 2012 is the guy I wanted most but we were too good to get him then in the sweepstakes.

3 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

before that, prolly 🐜 Davis 2012 is the guy I wanted most but we were too good to get him then in the sweepstakes.

Cupcake 🧁 Durant is who I wanted to see most in a Hawks uni in 2007, missed him by one and got ur boy Hor. Obviously a great consolation prize but missing Durant caused me pain I remember. 

Funny story I’m sure I’ve shared this before on squawk. But I remember watching the draft lottery that night and I had read and drooled about a chance at Durant. I was drinking whiskey 🥃 that night. When we broke into the 3, I started pounding shots due to excitement. They come back from commercial break and I’ve had like 4 shots since they announced Hawks too 3. 

The 3rd pick goes to...

The Atlanta Hawks....

:bang:

I died a little inside that day. 😞 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yep and then KD hits a game winner against the Hawks his 1st game at Philips. I was at the game, hated him ever since. 

I feel we got cheated last year falling all the way to #8.

That's why it's our time to get that #1 pick this year.

Would be nice to have it once for someone who actually played for the team.  Not sure how many teams have never had a #1 pick who played for them but it can’t be too many.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, AHF said:

Would be nice to have it once for someone who actually played for the team.  Not sure how many teams have never had a #1 pick who played for them but it can’t be too many.

My guesses..

Miami Heat

Detroit Pistons

Denver Nuggets

Utah Jazz

Memphis Grizz

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

That's why it's our time to get that #1 pick this year.

1984 Houston- Akeem Houston (College but still the league kept him in his U.S. city 🌃 home).

2003 Cleveland- Lebron- Cleveland

2004  Magic (Dwight Howard from Atlanta didn’t stay home like some others, the league didn’t award us then).

2008- Chicago- Rose 🌹 Chicago

It’s gotta be coming.

Honestly I think my 3 guesses on who lands the first pick is:

Detroit Pistons- The league needs to revitalize them let’s face it they suck and their future sucks. They could really use the first pick.

New York Knicks- Let’s face it they haven’t had the 1st pick since Ewing. Might be time.

Atlanta Hawks- They league honestly owes us on.

KEEP EDWARDS HOME!!!! ATL!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Atlanta Hawks- They league honestly owes us on.

Hate to bring up that Murphy's Law thing so....maybe I shouldn't bring up David Thompson's name.

• Like 1

• Moderators
19 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

My guesses..

Miami Heat

Detroit Pistons

Denver Nuggets

Utah Jazz

Memphis Grizz

Pistons had HOFer Bob Lanier and Jimmy Walker

Good calls on the others (although most of them are considerably newer than the Hawks).  For the Jazz, I'm just glad they got the #3 pick in 1982.  (And that they traded it.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member

From this excerpt, it seems some GMs are anticipating the cap to be set at $109 million. Same as this year. (It was expected to jump to $116)

Said a Western Conference GM: “It would be a complete guess honestly. We don’t have any clarity on that yet. So many decisions have to be made on how they navigate the losses the league has had between COVID and the China issue.” As far as the actual cap projections, though, teams are not as worried. The expectation is that the NBA will set the cap at roughly the same level as this year – $109 million, with a tax line of $123 million – and separate it from Basketball Related Income, the mechanism by which the split of money between players and teams is achieved, like the league did coming out of the 2011 lockout, and make up any potential difference that arises by increasing the escrow withholding from players.

On 6/20/2020 at 2:50 PM, NBASupes said:

Maybe, looks about 6'6 with shoes in the clip. Kids are always growing at this age

It's unlikely he's growing. He has a full grown man physique. Contrary to popular belief, the majority (not all of course) of boys finish growing by age 16. But he can definitely get hella swole if he wants to. Sometimes getting real buff is not good for basketball players though.