• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Draft Combine News and Notes

JayBirdHawk

• Premium Member
League sources say the NBA could conduct such a virtual combine in the coming weeks. Prospects would receive medical testing and undergo measurements at regional sites. It’s also possible on-court physical testing could be done on camera. Nothing has been determined yet, but expect clarity from the league before the end of the month. There’s just as much uncertainty regarding the prospects in the draft itself. Evaluations are all over the place, more so than any draft class I have covered. 
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Just an interesting coincidence, because I don't necessarily think it means 'something', but each of the guys I don't want is skipping the combine.

I get it.  If you are projected to go near the top of the draft there isn't much upside and there is plenty of downside in working out.  So for me it depends on the person who I view it.  The more tape there is on a player the less it concerns me.  Someone like Toppin merits a shoulder shrug.  Other guys with more questions marks they are even more of a black box. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I get it.  If you are projected to go near the top of the draft there isn't much upside and there is plenty of downside in working out.  So for me it depends on the person who I view it.  The more tape there is on a player the less it concerns me.  Someone like Toppin merits a shoulder shrug.  Other guys with more questions marks they are even more of a black box. 

Agreed.  A guy in Wiseman's position should want to come and show out, since it's kinda tailor made for him to excel vs chairs 'n cones.  Supposedly his length is great so why not show up to confirm that and hit some empty-gym jumpers aka Darko's?

Surely his camp can't be thinking his spot is secure.  I could see a situation where he slides hard.

Cole Anthony is in a similar situation but I can see him wanting to hide from the measuring tape.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AHF said:

I could care less if Toppin or Hunter doesn't go to the combine because their focus is the pre-draft workouts if we have them which we won't and interviews. But I did want to see Wiseman and Edwards, especially Wiseman. But it's about your agent. CAA and Excel Sports is all about control in the process. While Klutch and Omar Wilkes in particular encourages using the combine. 

37 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

The draft is very fluid this year. Aside from Antman, no one is an absolute mortal lock to go top 3. Even Wiseman and Ball could fall, not very far and still millions of dollars in difference. I like players better on themselves instead of sitting out. 

He's no lock either 

• Like 3