• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Athletic's Top 125 Players by Tiers.

JayBirdHawk

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I count 5 people on that 20 person list who I think have a prayer of being in the conversation with Trae in 1-2 years.  (The others being Simmons, KAT, Beal, Zion and Morant).  There isn't a single person I'd bet on being ranked above him in this kind of exercise in that timeframe.  (The difference between the odds of the "the field" versus a single candidate).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AHF said:

JC will be a power forward in the vast majority of his minutes next season.  Chandler never played anywhere other than center.

JC and Chandler have very little in common as players other than the fact that they can both rim run.  Defensively they are nothing alike. 

Offensively Tyson shot 75% of his attempts from within 3 feet of the rim and less than 10% from  >10 feet.  He took 0.2% of his shots from 3pt range.

Last season JC shot less than 47% of his attempts within 3 feet and roughly 35% from >10 feet.  He took almost 1/4 of his shots from 3pt range and hit 40% of them.

Tyson was almost a complete bystander on offense with basically zero action involving him.  The vast majority of his shots were garbage clean up.  He averaged less than 7 shots per 36 minutes for his career.  JC is an important part of the Hawks offense and his action with Trae is a key part of our offense.  JC averaged 16+ shots per 36 the last two seasons where he was the #2 option both seasons.

So very little alike that it is criminal to use them as comparisons.

Their names are next to each other on some spreadsheet.  That's all it takes....

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, AHF said:

JC will be a power forward in the vast majority of his minutes next season.  Chandler never played anywhere other than center.

JC and Chandler have very little in common as players other than the fact that they can both rim run.  Defensively they are nothing alike. 

Offensively Tyson shot 75% of his attempts from within 3 feet of the rim and less than 10% from  >10 feet.  He took 0.2% of his shots from 3pt range.

Last season JC shot less than 47% of his attempts within 3 feet and roughly 35% from >10 feet.  He took almost 1/4 of his shots from 3pt range and hit 40% of them.

Tyson was almost a complete bystander on offense with basically zero action involving him.  The vast majority of his shots were garbage clean up.  He averaged less than 7 shots per 36 minutes for his career.  JC is an important part of the Hawks offense and his action with Trae is a key part of our offense.  JC averaged 16+ shots per 36 the last two seasons where he was the #2 option both seasons.

Just in case people wanted to see the numbers for themselves

https://stats.nba.com/player/1628381/shots-dash/

On 10/21/2020 at 2:00 PM, AHF said:

I am not comparing them as similar players, I am saying they are the same type of player offensively. Fast and agile bigs who are best suited as rim running, PnR finishers. That's the point I keep making. I'll do a podcast with you and we can talk about it. I dont like these dap fest threads, we can debate this one out over audio.