• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The COG in the SYSTEM...

willthepureshooter

11 minutes ago, TheNorthCydeRises said:

Cam and Dre are getting full body contact because Capela and Collins know that those two are looking for their own shot, and are not going to pass the ball to the roll man.

Trae will pass it to the roll man, but he needs space to make the proper decision.  Trae needs his man trailing behind him so that he can go right at the big in the paint.  If he has space enough to shoot the floater, he will.  If the big comes to hard, he'll dump it off or lob it up to a streaking Capela or Collins. 

That's the whole purpose to running pick and roll.  To create that mini 2 on 1 situation in the lane in which the P&R Distributor has the option to score or pass.  

Here are all of Trae's shots this season

https://tinyurl.com/y3ufzhju

This dude takes so many difficult shots.  Some of those are just bad decisions by Trae.  But the shots in the paint, he simply has limited space and always has a defender ( or two ) within 2 - 3 feet of him.

• Thanks 1

Interesting @NBASupes @JayBirdHawk @TheNorthCydeRises

i will be paying a lot of attention to this now. I can see how this can be a big deal for Trae specifically. I never noticed it before but it’s clearly happening....the question is , is it because Trae wants it that way per supes is saying or if capela just isn’t doing it cause he knows Trae will pass him the ball and he’s looking to score rather than making physical contact on the screens per what north is saying 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JTB said:

Interesting @NBASupes @JayBirdHawk @TheNorthCydeRises

i will be paying a lot of attention to this now. I can see how this can be a big deal for Trae specifically. I never noticed it before but it’s clearly happening....the question is , is it because Trae wants it that way per supes is saying or if capela just isn’t doing it cause he knows Trae will pass him the ball and he’s looking to score rather than making physical contact on the screens per what north is saying 

Trae isn't a young Westbrook. While Trae would get a 1v1 with a big if he's screened. Trae is not Ja. Ja gets a big 1v1 and he's taking him to the hole. Trae likes to have options to dish to the corner 3, throw an alley oop or go to his floater and draw fouls. Trae has recently drove after getting the big 1v1 and he's been blocked and the refs have shallowed their whistle 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

Trae isn't a young Westbrook. While Trae would get a 1v1 with a big if he's screened. Trae is not Ja. Ja gets a big 1v1 and he's taking him to the hole. Trae likes to have options to dish to the corner 3, throw an alley oop or go to his floater and draw fouls. Trae has recently drove after getting the big 1v1 and he's been blocked and the refs have shallowed their whistle 

Trae's size has a lot to do both the decision making and outcomes of his drives.

• Like 3