• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce is not a legitimate leader

Spud2nique

6 hours ago, thecampster said:

Not gonna lie. I saw this coming. That lack of adjustment to the zone had me irate. I can only wonder what Rondo and Gallo said behind closed doors.

Hopefully they said, "man, we are playing like crap and not living up to our contracts, we need to be better."

I think he is. I just don't think he can coach. He got a lot of great traits but part of being an elite head coach or even a decent one is you gotta coach well. He might be the worst one I've seen in the last 30 years. 

His 1st year was one for the ages. His creativity was special but once teams adjusted and took a lot of his good shit, he just couldn't adjust. He rarely outcoached guys. He's right there with Lon Kruger for me but Lon is at least good with strategy. I don't feel like he's Terry Stotts. I don't see this coach who could be pretty good in the future. LP is an elite assistant. He's much better than LD but LD is also a better coach than LP. LP simply couldn't coach but he could do a lot of things. He had a great eye, smart, elite work ethic, tremendous developmental coach, and he saw the modern game extremely well. TS likely never wanted to fire him because he sees shit well. 

LP is such a talent, I really think being a GM might be his thing eventually. But he can't coach. He simply can't coach. I don't know how else to say it. I used to think Jim Mora Jr sucked at coaching but LP really sucks at it. He don't have a feel for the coaching game. He doesn't put players in position to play to their strengths or letting them know to play to their strengths and what those strengths are. He just wants to play modern Basketball at all cost. 

I know the coaches are mad. They see mad talent in LP but being an assistant isn't being a HC. LP will get a job soon but its going to be hard to see a team wanting him as a HC ever again. He made Derek Fisher look like Phil Jackson when  it comes to in game coaching. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
On 3/1/2021 at 2:59 PM, TheNorthCydeRises said:

I've talked about team balance since the start of the season.  When everyone was healthy, it was easy to keep the team balanced.  But when LP tried to get all of his new guys and wings the minutes they supposedly needed, that's when the problems began.  He sacrificed the value of constantly having rebounding and rim defending bigs in the game, for guys who supposedly could shoot the basketball. 

Say what you want about guys like Bruno and Onyeka on offense, their true value is on the defensive end. 

If a guy like Solo barely gives you any offense, why not play a mobile big in his place that can rebound and rim protect far better than he can?

Defense can generate offense.

noooo only chucking threes generates offense