• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Lloyd Pierce is not a legitimate leader

Spud2nique

Wow.. If you don’t count Tormohlen (whoever he was), Lloyd is statistically the WORST. Lon Kruger at .361 and Lloyd is at  .346 ! 😬 Paging Schlenk!!!

https://www.nba.com/hawks/history/Hawks-All-Time-Coaching-Records.html

1953-57 William "Red" Holzman 
1956-57 Slater Martin 
1956-58 Alex Hannum 
1958-59 Andy Phillip 
1958-60 Ed Macauley 
1960-62 Paul Seymour 
1961-62 Bob Pettit 
1962-65 Harry Gallatin 
1964-72 Richie Guerin 
1972-76 Cotton Fitzsimmons 
1975-76 Gene Tormohlen
1976-81 Hubie Brown 
1980-81 Michael Fratello/
Brendan Suhr 
0-3
1981-83 Kevin Loughery 
1983-90 Michael Fratello 
1990-93 Bob Weiss 
1993-2000 Lenny Wilkins 
2001-03 Lon Kruger 
2002-04 Terry Stotts
2004-10 Mike Woodson
2010-2013 Larry Drew 
2013-Present Mike Budenholzer
-
-

Edited by Spud2nique

18 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

If you’re gonna do it, like a band aid one rip, RIGHT OFF!!!! Now would be better than tomorrow, tomorrow would be better than the following day... etc.

That would be the right thing to do, but in the real world a GM cares about optics and perception.  

Pelicans fans are not enthused with SVG; but at least he knows which way is up. The below is on him talking about their problems as a team.

“That’s the problem, when you have to shoot the ball well to win,” Van Gundy said. “That’s going to be a problem. Guys are going to have bad nights shooting the ball. You’ve got to be able to win games where you don’t shoot well, and right now we can’t. We’re totally dependent on our offense to win games, and that’s not going to take you very far.”

That is real coach speak. Not the energy, effort, and shots just not falling BS. SVG has no delusions that Nicolo Melli and Wenyen Gabriel are centers. If he can play Hernangómez and Hayes at center, Pierce can play Okongwu and Fernando at center. Please get over these offensive first rotations with Gallo and play some of your best defenders, If Pierce would have started the season doing this, they would be ahead of the curve.

Edited by Buzzard
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Buzzard said:

Pelicans fans are not enthused with SVG; but at least he knows which way is up. The below is on him talking about their problems as a team.

That is real coach speak. Not the energy, effort, and shots just not falling BS. SVG has no delusions that Nicolo Melli and Wenyen Gabriel are centers. If he can play Hernangómez and Hayes at center, Pierce can play Okongwu and Fernando at center. Please get over these offensive first rotations with Gallo and play some of your best defenders, If Pierce would have started the season doing this, they would be ahead of the curve.

I've talked about team balance since the start of the season.  When everyone was healthy, it was easy to keep the team balanced.  But when LP tried to get all of his new guys and wings the minutes they supposedly needed, that's when the problems began.  He sacrificed the value of constantly having rebounding and rim defending bigs in the game, for guys who supposedly could shoot the basketball. 

Say what you want about guys like Bruno and Onyeka on offense, their true value is on the defensive end. 

If a guy like Solo barely gives you any offense, why not play a mobile big in his place that can rebound and rim protect far better than he can?

Defense can generate offense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

My wife

My wife did worse than that. She said, wait a minute, you loved Lloyd when you hired him a few years ago. 😢 

I ran out of the house and cannonballed into the jacuzzi to let off steam. I prolly shoulda cannoned into the pool. 

Ugh 🤦 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Travis and ownership love him too much.

You cannot combine friendship with business. They all say they know that but human emotion does tend to get in the way. If Schlenk is truly professional though he shouldn’t let it get in the way.

11 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

Looks like the last 2 games for coach Lloyd as he will be let go during the all star break. Florida will be his last stop. Last 3 days of being the Hawks coach. 

Inside source here!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

My wife did worse than that. She said, wait a minute, you loved Lloyd when you hired him a few years ago. 😢 

I ran out of the house and cannonballed into the jacuzzi to let off steam. I prolly shoulda cannoned into the pool. 

Ugh 🤦 

Not gonna lie. I saw this coming. That lack of adjustment to the zone had me irate. I can only wonder what Rondo and Gallo said behind closed doors.

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Not gonna lie. I saw this coming.

If you hadn’t I’d be worried about your eye 👁 sight? I think 95% of people saw it coming. I’m glad it happened though because I was getting worried that Lloyd had Schlenk tied up in a basement somewhere.

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

sKBv8J.gif

I was gonna say something I’m glad you did. 😂 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

I do not have as quick of a trigger as you, but I came very close last night to saying the same.  In the first half, after Trae left the game, Miami began full court pressure and a tight half court trapping zone. Now anyone who has played high school, college level ball knows the best way to beat the full court pressure is bring your center to half court, race a wing up the sidelines, throw a pass half court to your center who then hits the wing in stride to attack the basket...2 pass press break. 

And anyone who has ever faced a zone like they saw in the first half knows that curls on the elbows breaks down the zone.  It went on for a full 5 minutes and LP didn't call a time out. Didn't drop any knowledge on the kids. Get them on the same page. My wife threatened to change the channel to calm me down. I was livid. That should never ever happen in a pro game. It was embarrassing and LP needs to take a very hard look in the mirror. That can never happen again. That was more embarrassing than a Trae nutmeg. IMHO, that's strike 2.

You called it with this zone stuff.

22 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

You called it with this zone stuff.

A grown 50 year old man should not be behaving like I was. I was bounded out of my chair yelling "call a flipping timeout. Come on!!!" Yes, that has been cleaned up for the weak souled among us. I have quietly allowed Peoria to champion this all year as I've been really rooting for LP. There are some things he does really well. Adjustments, good use of time outs, proper use of personnel are not on that list. He does a good job sticking up for the guys and has a good grasp of instituting offense in practice but being a head coach is much more complicated. There is no world where this teams should be under 500. I can lay at least 8 losses solely on LP.

Edited by thecampster

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, thecampster said:

A grown 50 year old man should not be behaving like I was. I was bounded out of my chair yelling "call a flipping timeout. Come on!!!" Yes, that has been cleaned up for the weak souled among us.

:laugh1:...I had the opposite reaction...I was like :er:...what am I looking at?