• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Our Best Line Up

sillent

If we were to pick a 5 man squad with Trae, John and Capela being the Captains what would be our best overall lineups?

TEAM1

PG TRAE YOUNG

SG KHRIS DUNN

SF TONY SNELL

PF DANILO GALLINARI 

C ONYEKA OKONGWU 

TEAM2

PG SKYLAR MAYES

SG KEVIN HUERTER 

SF DEANDRE HUNTER

PF JOHN COLLINS 

C NATHAN KNIGHT 

TEAM3

PG LOU WILLIAMS 

SG BOGDAN BOGDANOVIC 

SF CAM REDDISH 

PF SOLOMON HILL

C CLINT CAPELA 

WHICH TEAM DO Y'ALL THINK WINS OUT?

24 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Team 2, Most balanced, 3 starters,  and two of the most mature rookies who play both aggressive and confident.

Yeah I was wondering if switching Cam with Hunter would balance that out but honestly I don't think we've seen Cam at full force either.

Dunn missing the whole damn season is my biggest Hawks disappointment since Bud decided to go with Lou instead of Shelvin in game 6 versus the Pacers.  Bruh...

But yeah Ice Trae The Game/ Lock Dunn/ Killer Dre/ Johnny Baptist/ Dark Eaton was my dream lineup.  Maximize the ability to turn defense into quick offense and preventing De’Aron Foxes from driving at will with Trae on whist he turbocharges the offense outright.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Premium Member

At first I was leaning team 2 but then I imagined Khris Dunn guarding Skylar/Heurter and realized that team is going to really struggle creating offense.  Sometimes I think balance can be overrated and having guys who are elite at what they do best is better, if that makes sense.  With that logic, I lean towards Team 1

• Like 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

This guy wasn’t supposed to have an outside shot. What the hell happened over a couple years. Now he can’t miss. Sac is on the rise.

Well it seems we just ran into him at the wrong time. This is Fox's hottest stretch of the season by a country mile. Overall he has been a 33% outside shooter, with a 57% TS (it was around 55% before the last three games). So, yea there is probably some regressing back to the mean with him when he cools off.  Advanced metrics hate his defense, 120 drtng this season with a -3.7 defensive Raptor rating... Overall he has a net neutral Raptor rating which ranks him around 100th in the NBA. Still could develop into a much better player, but I think it's more likely he'll end up being one of those perpetually overpaid players that is impossible to build a legit contender around ala Derozen. 

• Like 2

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Worst defensive backcourt in the league by a large margin

It's really not that much worse than the current Huerter Trae starting backcourt. Problem is now we'll have BOTH those backcourts to try to pair with John Collins and Capela, which I don't think is possible. 

• Admin
1 minute ago, Atlantaholic said:

It's really not that much worse than the current Huerter Trae starting backcourt. Problem is now we'll have BOTH those backcourts to try to pair with John Collins and Capela, which I don't think is possible. 

No its much worse ... I don't like the idea of them playing together ... Lou should be better suited to play with Dunn when Trae goes out.  They shouldn't share a backcourt 

• Like 3

We don't have a best lineup. 

We have a shit load of situational lineups

I want the best defense lineup

Trae

Cam

Hunter

Collins

Cap

Best shooting

Trae

Kevin

Snell

Hunter

JC

Put the most pressure on a defense

Trae

Bogi

Hunter

Gallo

JC

Passing is gold

Trae

Kevin

Bogi

Gallo

JC

Capela getting Hacked a Shaq and we up by 7+

Trae

Snell

Hunter

Gallo

JC

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 1

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

No its much worse ... I don't like the idea of them playing together ... Lou should be better suited to play with Dunn when Trae goes out.  They shouldn't share a backcourt 

Agree.  It's not close.  Huerter is much better suited to defending SGs and we all know he isn't a standout defender at all.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, capstone21 said:

In spurts it would be strategic. We aren’t talking long stretches here. Just about 3-5 minutes of games to go on runs whether you or getting back into games. Not the super close games down the stretch though I agree with that.

Atlanta Falcons have proven, over and over, that playing a prevent defense just prevents one thing - - It prevents the team from winning the game.  Playing a "not to lose" offense has the same effect.

For the Hawks, late in the game with a lead and the two teams are swapping goals, they need to be able to put their competition away with the 3 ball.  Our newest Hawk is TNT from down town when he's on, which is much of the time.  The best defense is a good offense.

Opponent can't score if you have control of the ball, killing the clock.  But, you really need to be ready to score, either from the shot you take or the free throws from the hack attack.  (The easiest way to stop this would be to change the rules - - Hacked player gets two free throws and his team keeps the ball!)  No more hacking!!

6th man of the year is back home!!

GO ATL HAWKS !!

:smug: