• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

Where do Trae/Bogi rank all time Hawks backcourt

Spud2nique

Trae/Bogi rank all time backcourt Hawks history  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Thomas said:

That was the hill that couldn't be climbed but did think we had a shot against the Green. When Westphal came onboard it was a bigger problem for us than I expected though. Balanced them out perfectly even though he was young. Consistently we had to hit not just big from twenty feet but had to hit just about every clutch shot and it was just too much for us to cover.

So I didn't even answer to the OP question really. Think Trae and Bogi are an incomplete for now though am enjoying the heck out of them. If healthy it will be a fun comparison of four years of our backcourt now versus the four years of Pete/Lou back then.

Definitely rooting for Trae and Bogi and/or Cam to make this a no-brainer for the current guys.

• Like 3

It’s hard as hell to compare different eras. I heard from somewhere to just enjoy each era for what it was and is. Trying to compare them is like comparing apples and oranges. The OP is a numb nut for posing this question! :hmm:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

It’s hard as hell to compare different eras. I heard from somewhere to just enjoy each era for what it was and is. Trying to compare them is like comparing apples and oranges. The OP is a numb nut for posing this question! :hmm:

Actually an interesting question that challenges the memory stuff. Sorry I went off target at first but flashbacks just tend to overwhelm and dominate me these days. It is fun stuff reflecting on our Hawk's history for sure. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Thomas said:

flashbacks just tend to overwhelm and dominate me these days. It is fun stuff reflecting on our Hawk's history for sure.

That’s what I love most about your posts. The reminiscing. Feel like I talk about the past as well but your memories are even further back. Mine just go mid 80’s but you a decade or two before that. 💗 it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spud2nique said:

That’s what I love most about your posts. The reminiscing. Feel like I talk about the past as well but your memories are even further back. Mine just go mid 80’s but you a decade or two before that. 💗 it.

Not sure I should give up all the mental damage I received on weekend nights but when babysitting because my Mom would not allow anything else from me at that point on weekends I watched the Hawks abused pretty consistently by the Celtics so there really is no cure for that you know. Truly do enjoy the hate for them. Some of the reminiscing is questionable but then would not trade it for anything. Well that depends I guess, Jekyll Island condos comes to mind....

• Like 2

Much of the time during games we would play bigger and Washington moved to SF and Lou to SG. Pete would get plenty of minutes at point until Guerin or Fitzsimmons would lose their temper with his matador D. Gilliam was on the floor a lot though and for the obvious reason. So guess Pete/Lou shouldn't be in the comparison because of the number of minutes aren't gonna be very matchable. Probably never get a true read. 

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Watchman said:

Actually, Hudson didn't play in the back court when he and Maravich were here.  Hudson was the small forward.  The guards were Maravich and Herm Gilliam or Maravich and Walt Hazzard over the years.

Dang, I didn't realize anyone here was old enough to recall that kind of detail.

So tell us, did you guys ride dinosaurs or did dinosaurs ride you? 🤔

I'm kidding, thanks for the insight on Maravich/Hudson.

Speaking of old NBA stories, I was reading yesterday about what actually happened to Rudy Tomjanovich's face.  My lord, I didn't realize how close he was to actually dying on the court.  He said he was tasting his own spinal fluid.  Yikes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Dang, I didn't realize anyone here was old enough to recall that kind of detail.

Speaking of old NBA stories, I was reading yesterday about what actually happened to Rudy Tomjanovich's face.  My lord, I didn't realize how close he was to actually dying on the court.  He said he was tasting his own spinal fluid.  Yikes.

Yeah, I remember RudyT talking about that in a docu, scary stuff.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

Dinosaurs?  I came from the protozoa time period.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

That was scary.  I think he timed turning in towards Washington just as Washington punched him.

On 5/7/2021 at 9:34 AM, macdaddy said:

Yeah Mookie/Smitty all the way.  

Mookie and Smitty one season was tremendous. Mookie was a top 15 player in the NBA and Smitty was a top 25 player in that season. 

While Trae been a top 25 player this year to me, Bogi was a bottom 200 player till LP got fired and been playing like a top 25 player since. That said, Trae is better right now than that Mookie was. This is just a much better era in general. 

• Like 2

This is hard question. Because for a season, it's Mookie/Smitty. For a career, Bibby/Iso Joe was probably our best. There were as good as it got for us. Jeff was at his best with Korver and they got a case as well. I didn't see Lou and Pete together so I can't say yay or nay to them. 

• Like 1

Just now, NBASupes said:

This is hard question. Because for a season, it's Mookie/Smitty. For a career, Bibby/Iso Joe was probably our best. There were as good as it got for us. Jeff was at his best with Korver and they got a case as well. I didn't see Lou and Pete together so I can't say yay or nay to them. 

What about Trae and Cam? :clap: It’s still comin. I honestly believe. Dang I should have put that as an option l. I even have the NBA Jam shirt of it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Spud2nique said:

What about Trae and Cam? :clap: It’s still comin. I honestly believe. Dang I should have put that as an option l. I even have the NBA Jam shirt of it.

Trae and Cam don't rank right now for me. Trae and Bogi do. We will see on Trae/Cam. I still believe Atlanta isn't close to knowing who are core is when we become contenders. We are still so young in our process. 

• Like 2

Just now, NBASupes said:

Trae and Cam don't rank right now for me. Trae and Bogi do. We will see on Trae/Cam. I still believe Atlanta isn't close to knowing who are core is when we become contenders. We are still so young in our process. 

Trae/Bogi/Cam/Hunter/Collins/Capela

We have 6 starters in 5 slots... a good problem to have no doubt.

• Like 2