• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Whoa. This can't be real, can it?

sturt

Whatever draft leverage we might have had...if any...it went down the toilet today. Julio telling Shannon Sharpe he wants out of Atlanta now. Might only be able to grab a second rounder next year and then a couple or more mid thru low rounders down the road. Not looking like a good trade really probable for us other than having the cash to sign the rookies (7.5 million I believe). Will hope for a first coming back our way but not expecting it with the temperament of the news today. Jeez....

Julio Jones: “I’m out (of Atlanta). I want to win”

https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2021/5/24/22451407/julio-jones-im-out-of-atlanta-i-want-to-win-trade-arthur-smith-matt-ryan-cowboys 

• Like 1

Julio made sure to disrespect the Cowboys just a bit as well as the Falcons jab today. Helps keep it interesting anyway seeing as how I can't stand the Cowboys or their owner. Not so much consolation there.

Asked where he wanted to go, Julio said he wants to win. Julio said that is not in Dallas.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Whatever draft leverage we might have had...if any...it went down the toilet today.

Uh...obviously meant to say trade leverage right there. Ooops again. 

• Sad 1

A quote on Julio from a Falcoholic fan. Seems quite accurate with what has been revealed recently.

Yep, the FO knew Julio has wanted out since March so, if they were thinking QB before then, I'm sure that put a wrench in their plans. Knowing Julio wouldn't be here forced them to change course and get another stellar receiver. TE Pitts was, therefore, a no-brainer at 4.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thomas:  Yes, draft leverage.  Falcons received a 2nd. round pick next year and a lower one later.  He's a great receiver but he just cost too much.  with the money he gets, Falcons can now sign all their draft picks and have half of that money available for other signings.

Falcon's other big $$$ drain is at QB.  He's another great player BUT he cost too much.  These two huge contracts were the work of our late GM.  He left out $$$ payroll in a big mess.  Tied up all the money.

What will the Falcons look like without Julio?  Better!  Why?  Because they had a tendency to plan oll the offense around him.  He's no longer there.  A new coaching staff with new, different plans.

Titans will be great now if Julio can remain healthy.  He'll do them good.

👨‍🌾

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Thomas:  Yes, draft leverage.  Falcons received a 2nd. round pick next year and a lower one later.  He's a great receiver but he just cost too much.  with the money he gets, Falcons can now sign all their draft picks and have half of that money available for other signings.

Falcon's other big $$$ drain is at QB.  He's another great player BUT he cost too much.  These two huge contracts were the work of our late GM.  He left out $$$ payroll in a big mess.  Tied up all the money.

What will the Falcons look like without Julio?  Better!  Why?  Because they had a tendency to plan oll the offense around him.  He's no longer there.  A new coaching staff with new, different plans.

Titans will be great now if Julio can remain healthy.  He'll do them good.

👨‍🌾

Yeah, a tad over 7 mil in cash to sign our rookies and maybe a FA or two immediately. And 15 million of the books the season thereafter. Apparently it was gonna happen no matter what since this was going on since March but certainly embarrassing the Falcons's on Shannon Sharpe's show cemented it. In reference to Pitts I see him outside as much if not more than TE on the line myself. He is a superstar in the making and should cushion folks emotional pain. Anxious to see where we are at a season from now. 

• Like 2

Will add to this Falcoholic's statement that Julio was traded to another Conference. A big deal to me right there. Not that it would ever happen but what if TF traded Julio to his old team not only in our conference but in our division. Then i would not feel as borderline OK as I do now. TF and AS did what they could I think seeing as we really had no leverage at all after Julio's comment live on tv.

This may not be the outcome that fans wanted, but it may have been the only logical outcome. The team gets salary cap relief and draft picks and the disgruntled player gets to move on to another team.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
On 5/24/2021 at 3:38 PM, Thomas said:

Julio made sure to disrespect the Cowboys just a bit as well as the Falcons jab today. Helps keep it interesting anyway seeing as how I can't stand the Cowboys or their owner. Not so much consolation there.

Asked where he wanted to go, Julio said he wants to win. Julio said that is not in Dallas.

I'm not the first, Cowboys fan or not, to observe that it's not as-if it was ever a realistic option go to a team stacked with WRs... so, good for Julio that he ended up somewhere that might win in 2021, and where he would actually conceivably maybe make a difference.

• Like 1

Everything old is new again!  New GM.  New head coach and staff.  Yes, and the old all star wide receiver is gone and a new (rookie) comes on the scene.  A tight end that may not be.  He may be a slot receiver or a wide out.  He is a very high draft pick.  He must be pretty good.

Julio will be missed.  Falcons were between a rock and a hard place.  They didn't have the money to sign Julio and their draft picks.  Couldn't not sign the draft picks.  

Several seasons ago, Atlanta Braves went worst to first.  We hope the Atlanta Falcons do that this season.  Everything is not settled yet.  Some small moves yet to be made.  

GO BIG A

:sun:

• 4 weeks later...