• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Looking at Game 2 NYK

Diesel

• Premium Member

I fully suspect that the Knicks will double Trae all game long.   Sorta like what people try with Steph Curry.   We need better games from JC and DeAndre.  Not to mention that if Gallo is going to put up those 3s, he has to live up to his 40%. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I fully suspect that the Knicks will double Trae all game long.   Sorta like what people try with Steph Curry.   We need better games from JC and DeAndre.  Not to mention that if Gallo is going to put up those 3s, he has to live up to his 40%. 

Question - does NYK have the horses to do this all game and is this Thibs' strong suit? I guess the biggest question is will they play Elfrid Payton :hehe:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Question - does NYK have the horses to do this all game and is this Thibs' strong suit? I guess the biggest question is will they play Elfrid Payton :hehe:

I think that they will look into it.  I mean Quickley came out of nowhere and that gives NY another guard who can add offense.   With him and DRose chasing Trae around... I think they can make it a little harder on us. 

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Diesel said:

I think that they will look into it.  I mean Quickley came out of nowhere and that gives NY another guard who can add offense.   With him and DRose chasing Trae around... I think they can make it a little harder on us. 

I guess they can run Quickley and French Frank at Trae.  DRose cannot guard Trae.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On the Hawks side:

• Gallo needs to find his flame thrower, he was horrible 3-11 (1-7 from 3), 1 reb, 1 assist ...he did have a steal and a block though.
  • Do a better job on our defensive boards, they had 13 O-Rebs, we had 7.
  • Our rim protection is nil when Capela sits
  • Get a handle on Quickley
  • Taj Gibson - we need to push back, he is straight assaulting us - toughen up
  • I think the 'ALL 2nd unit' needs a closer look, not sure it's effective
  • The Huerter, Collins, Gallo defensive lineup.....do not like much.

Need to do a much better job on keeping Rose out of the paint 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Secondly..

If I were coaching the Knicks.... I would bring out Payton, FrenchFrank or Quickly to be a second guard to chase Trae.. I would put Burke or Barrett on Bogi... and Force Hunter to beat me. 

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On the Hawks side:

• Gallo needs to find his flame thrower, he was horrible 3-11 (1-7 from 3), 1 reb, 1 assist ...he did have a steal and a block though.

Excellent points.

The lack of offensive rebounds for Capela was a little concerning.  An obvious point of emphasis or Knicks though. 

Yeah Taj is just a constant foul and gets away with it because he's 53 years old.   Capela did a great job on that rebound toward the end though.

On double teaming Trae i think Thibs knows that it's not like that first game.   Trae knows what to do and Bogi is there to burn them.   I welcome the blitz of Trae.  

• Like 4

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Diesel said:

Secondly..

If I were coaching the Knicks.... I would bring out Payton, FrenchFrank or Quickly to be a second guard to chase Trae.. I would put Burke or Barrett on Bogi... and Force Hunter to beat me. 

I then becomes how well can we get spacing to allow Hunter/Red Velvet to get easy drives down the lane.   or even two man game with Hunter/Velvet and Clint.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On the Hawks side:

• Can we stop leaving Alec Burks so WIDE ARSE open....cheeez

I agree with everything you said there...except for the last line. I think Heurter had an amazing defensive game and Collins and Gallo’s defense was way above their normal. We do need to play better defensively on the second unit OR our bench has to really out score theirs. 

• Like 4