• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Theory On Atlanta Hawks Effect

sillent

Our Atlanta Hawks after pretty much 3 seasons of rebuilding from scratch made the ECF in the 4th season.

Not only did we make it to the Eastern Conference Finals but we took the Milwaukee Bucks to 6 games.

One of those games we won without Trae and with Giannis playing about halfway thru.

Other teams in the league took notice.

Dame Lillard has been unhappy than ever after seeing how quickly Trae has made the ECF compared to him in the last 4 seasons.

The Warriors, I'm sure are regretting letting Schlenk go. They were all in on the championship push once they got Klay back until they saw us. Now they are playing the fences pairing youth with their aging stars so they'll have something to fall back on.

The Grizzlies I've mentioned in another post but in short have recently found their versions of "Cam" & "Dre" (2way players).

The 76ers Process can no longer be trusted. We tore down what was left of it's last hopes.

New York is our new villain. Not because they can compete but because villains always emerge with this grand scheme and false hope. Until the hero comes and puts them in there place.

Hornets, I don't know what has gotten into Jordan's water or whoever's scouting and drafting for them but they are starting to resemble something that can take "flight". Reminds me of some birds I know.

The Lakers are trying to win the off season they were supposed to have beat us in last year. It's still yet to be determined.

The Bulls and Heat are "attempting" to have the type of off season we had just last year.

Not going to stretch our effect on every team but I think y'all get the point. Teams are taking notice that their may be a different way to go about building their teams. 

We look to be one of the teams many are starting to keep an eye on.

Edited by sillent
  • Like 3

• Premium Member

We're one of the worst defensive teams in the game. 

Nobody is mimicking that. 

What we are are well crafted and well coached.  To be championship contenders, we need monsterous efforts on the rebound and Trae to get his three point percentage up to about 38% consistently. 

Rebounding wins championships. 

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, marco102 said:

With two of our best perimeter defenders injured and we just brought in two above average defensive pieces in Dieng and Wright.

If our defense was one of the worst, we wouldn't have made the playoffs or made it to the eastern conference finals.  Once Nate took over, our defense was much better and that was without Hunter and Reddish.

What I'm saying is that if you look at our collection of players...

Trae, JC, Gallo, Bogo have all been called below average defenders.  Clint has only been seen as average. 

With the collection, on paper, nobody would go out and purposely put together a team that looks like this.

It speaks to Nate as a brilliant coach that he was able to make our defense as good as it was. 

I was just observing those taking notes but you're naming only 2 that should be starters by the end of the season.

Cam should be able to take Bogi's spot because of his defense.

The bench can attack with their offense.

Since the Kings drafted Haliburton last year I have followed them somewhat.  You didn't mention them.  Their owner is asking them to be a playoff team and to make deals to make it happen.  While it may not mean a lot, their team in the Summer League won the championship, going undefeated.

Hawks got their spare guard and they got a back up center in a recent deal.  They didn't make the playoffs last season.  Like everyone, they believe they will be better this season and they may make more trades before the new season.  Add their youth from summer league and they may be improved.

:smug:

• Like 2

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Diesel said:

What I'm saying is that if you look at our collection of players...

Trae, JC, Gallo, Bogo have all been called below average defenders.  Clint has only been seen as average. 

With the collection, on paper, nobody would go out and purposely put together a team that looks like this.

It speaks to Nate as a brilliant coach that he was able to make our defense as good as it was. 

First, Clint isn't only average.  He had a strong case for All-NBA Defense based on his regular season performance.  (He wasn't as effective in the post-season).

Second, this is like looking at the Bulls and saying "Kerr, Kukoc, Paxson, Longley...have all been called below averaged defenders..."  You can't ignore Cam, Hunter, OO, Wright and Dieng as they will all be key parts of our rotation next season and come the playoffs.  We have an enviable mix of plus offensive players and plus defensive players  (including two-way players).

What will prevent other teams from building like this is less about the desirability of this roster construction and more about how difficult it is to manage your assets and cap to be able to afford this much varied, quality depth.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Since the Kings drafted Haliburton last year I have followed them somewhat.  You didn't mention them.  Their owner is asking them to be a playoff team and to make deals to make it happen.  While it may not mean a lot, their team in the Summer League won the championship, going undefeated.

Hawks got their spare guard and they got a back up center in a recent deal.  They didn't make the playoffs last season.  Like everyone, they believe they will be better this season and they may make more trades before the new season.  Add their youth from summer league and they may be improved.

:smug:

Gramps our NorCal kids also got a marvelous rookie in Davion. Haliburton and Mitchell, not to mention Fox and Hield, not bad. They should be built well for this decade.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

We had the individual league leader in rebounds with Clint. 

Yeah.. and we got to the ECFs...  

We were 5th in rebounds behind the Jazz, Grizz, Pels, and Bucks 

When you get rebounds and lessen turnovers, you are becoming a championship team. 

• Thanks 2